Space 220 Lounge

disneyagain

DIS Veteran
Can we just order drinks in the lounge, or are we required to order an appetizer? We'd love to see the lounge, but the appetizers don't appeal to any of us. Thanks!

Do you need a reservation to go to the lounge or can you just walk in?
You need a reservation for the lounge. You can walk up and try for the dining room or the bar but not the lounge. Bar seating is very limited (10, maybe 12?) and 21+ only, so you could get lucky or you might have a wait. There is no notification system, so you need to physically wait in line.

Do you need a reservation to go to the lounge or can you just walk in?
You can go to the podium (outside of Mission: Space to the right) and get on the waitlist / line for the bar. You'll most likely have a wait, but the line moves quickly as few linger over the expensive drinks.
You'll get the same experience of the elevator and the "out of space" themed restaurant (it's all one large space, the bar, lounge, and restaurant tables). It is, IMO, the best way to do Space 220 unless you can get a lounge ressie. We've been up there a few times now, and personally, we'd never pay the $ for their meals again. Sure it's a well-themed place, but the food is nowhere near the price point. Just my $0.02.

I’ve eaten here before and it was nice to do once. I doubt I will ever go back for the food. But I could see myself going to the lounge for sure. It was a nice cool place to sit, and honestly you get an awesome view too.

Good luck!

Just drinks are fine! I’d try for a lounge ADR so you don’t end up waiting in the standby line but the stand by line is an option if no ADRs pop.

Just finished eating at the lounge. I had drinks and food, but plenty of tables in lounge area were drinks only. And I think that’s the way to go. The food I had (tuna crudo and cauliflower) was mediocre at best. But drinks were decent and atmosphere is pretty unique.

View attachment 824551View attachment 824552View attachment 824553View attachment 824554View attachment 824555
The amount of sauce with the cauliflower looks meager :( I think I will try the waitlist for bar. No way am I paying the fixed price lunch or dinner.

Dining room ADRs seem really easy to get vs lounge.

Lounge ADRs have always been harder to get there--last May it was the hardest one by far, everything else including the restaurant was wide open. We ended up having to book it during the second week of the trip when we were at Poly. People are put off by the price of the prix-fixe menu I think.

The amount of sauce with the cauliflower looks meager :( I think I will try the waitlist for bar. No way am I paying the fixed price lunch or dinner.

As long as you don’t have any littles in your party this will work… the bar is adults only. I can’t sit on a bar stool, so this is never an option for me. However, I do enjoy the lounge so make it a priority when I make ressies.

BTW, the waitstaff there is very helpful … if you want more sauce, or different sauces for that matter… ask and I’m sure they will happily accommodate you.

IMG_2295.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter