SPACE RESTAURANT WATCH THREAD—Entrance photos post #1609!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're going Feb.4-11th, 2020 and I made all our other ADRs bright and early this morning. The space restaurant is the last one I want to snag! Checking back here religiously!

Side note - I saw a February Princess Weekend thread, but I didn't seem to find a general February 2020 thread. I didn't want to start one if one already exists. Anyone else going in February too? Is there already a thread for that? (Sorry it's off-topic!)
https://www.disboards.com/threads/feb-2020-thread.3729781/That’s the only thread I have seen so far! Not sure if there is an “official” one floating around.

i was hoping it would be open for our October trip, but the odds of that happening seem to be getting less and less.
There's always the spring trip.

Last edited:
This seems to be opening faster than I had expected. Does that imply the "Space" restaurant will be a normal WDW restaurant with a few large screens for atmosphere or is there more to it than that?

This seems to be opening faster than I had expected. Does that imply the "Space" restaurant will be a normal WDW restaurant with a few large screens for atmosphere or is there more to it than that?

My guess based on the theme and a few renderings is that there will be one wall that is a giant LED screen simulating space.

Here are some construction update pics. It seems they are still building the building structure. To me, this looks like it needs some time:
https://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2019...ts-space-themed-restaurant-has-been-revealed/
The actual structure is mostly complete and they just need to put exterior finishes/paint the concrete block. Other construction picture show the backside of the building already painted in " Go Away Green" the seating area and kitchen have been enclosed for a few months so who knows how far along they actually are inside. Again, I expect we will get big updates in a couple weeks at D23 and we may be surprised like we were with Takumi Tei.

Will it be open for lunch as well as dinner? I was planning on snacking our way around the world for lunch but would be awesome if this was open.

Michael Kay showed the building in his latest Epcot video. You can still see through part of it. I’m losing hope for 2019 and we leave December 14th.

Can’t help but think they have concentrated on other things, mainly GE.

Michael Kay showed the building in his latest Epcot video. You can still see through part of it. I’m losing hope for 2019 and we leave December 14th.

Can’t help but think they have concentrated on other things, mainly GE.
I'm sure that opening is likely a utility door and is open for ventilation construction and to move massive kitchen equipment in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter