SPACE RESTAURANT WATCH THREAD—Entrance photos post #1609!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beaches and Cream opened up their reservations September 19th for their end of December re-opening. Even though this isn't a re-opening, I'm surprised they are waiting until this close to opening.
That probably either means they won't be open in February or they have no idea when they'll be open. Ugh. Our Epcot day is February 27... fingers crossed!

I'm curious what time they typically open reservations for brand new restaurants. I got the text notification I had signed up for (for Beaches and Cream) at 9:25 at night.

I don't think you can compare this to Beaches & Cream at all.

Didn't someone say just a few pages back that the new signature restaurant in Japan (Epcot) didn't even offer ADR's until AFTER it was already open? If so, I don't think we can take anything from the lack of dining reservations.

Oh man, this is agonizing.... we have a trip planned Feb. 15-22, and a big reason was because we figured Space 220 would be open by then. We have Epcot as our first two days, but what do you all think - should we reconfigure to move these park days to the end?
We will be there during this time as well. I was so excited about this restaurant and then I saw the delays and then all the construction going on and now test track will be down during our visit - sadly, I think we are skipping epcot all together this go round. :(

I sure wish they'd post a menu. Of course, a launch date (pun!), but even just a menu would be nice.
I totally agree. I’m going o be mad if I wait all this time and then I fight for an ADR and then the menu sucks and we don’t end up going.:rotfl:This happened with Artist point. I got so excited and grabbed an ADR the day they opened them and got super excited for it. Then my family took one look at the menu and said yuck, no way.

I don't think you can compare this to Beaches & Cream at all.

Didn't someone say just a few pages back that the new signature restaurant in Japan (Epcot) didn't even offer ADR's until AFTER it was already open? If so, I don't think we can take anything from the lack of dining reservations.

it was mentioned by a couple people that the recent openings (Skipper Canteen was another one) didn’t have ADRs at all before they opened.

In experience wait staff is usually hired 1 to 2 months before a restaurant opens so they can train. When was the actual jobs posted? Usually a company takes about a month to hire people. They get the applications in, do the interviews, call people to start. I dunno if Disney has to do backgrounds on employees... that can take a bit. If I had to take a guess I think it will prob open March or April. but just a guess...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter