Special offer at BWV,OKW,BCV,

But it's well-known that members almost always have to go on a waiting list for points at BCV, BWV and VWL...and that's at $92 each. I don't see how they could come close to meeting the demand generated by a 15% price cut.

I just don't see how DVC could make such an offer on those properties.

ABSOLUTELY AGREE !!!! ;)

Its wonderful that all of us can "dream" !!:cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9:
Yea...maybe OKW :rolleyes:

I'd be "one grumpy soul" (keeping the verbage decent) should this happen...since I've been on a "wait list" for an add on @ the BCV since 1/4!!

BTW...I already called my guide this AM...and he/she has heard nothing!

It is perfectly reasonable to expect that DVCI resales will sell for less than SSR, right? However, I doubt DVC is carrying any inventory BCV points. There might be some BWV & OKW. The bottom line is that, like it or not, if this SSR pricing sticks, your resale value has to drop $5-$10 per point. I am curious what the DVC threshhold for ROFR is these days. Certainly not a good time to be buying resale right now.

I just can't see where the points would come from....

disney does not lower their prices.

the SSR discount is only for a limited time.

they certainly won't offer the sold out resorts for less than resale.

that doesn't make any sense. :confused3

I would love it!!! maybe one day I could get BCV. :goodvibes

spiceycat ....

Yes..I heard the same thing from my guide yesterday. This SSR incentive is a "quick, VERY limited time offer" and will be gone before ya know it.

DrTomorrow...agree!! There is no surplus point inventory to offer BCV, BWV, WL. If there were...certainly those on a wait list would be getting thier add ons......like me for instance?? :teeth:

So......Do you think Disney is looking for some quick $$$ to announce another DVC offering?? Maybe in Ca.?? or, nah..not CR...the price isn't high enough yet :rolleyes:

Hummmmmm :scratchin :scratchin :rolleyes1 :rolleyes1

When we inquired about adding on 200 pts last spring in our current use year, every resort was available except BCV. I think certain use years are popular, but DVC definitely has points available for add-ons.

The only reason I see for lowering the cost of those add-ons is if they want to get rid of their current inventory. And why? Maybe they would stop artificially keeping the price of the 2042 contracts high and focus on the 2054 contracts. Or maybe they would operate more like Marriott and offer different incentives for buying through disney instead of resale.

Who knows. But if they do make the offer, I'll bite :)

Jenny

There were only around 200 VWL March UY in inventory when we inquired on Friday. We scooped up 25, what our budget will allow for now! Just got the paperwork yesterday. VWL total now in our account, 125!

Bobbi :flower:

Does anyone know how long the SSR rate will last? Does Disney ever tell you?

I'm thinking about it, but I like to know how long I have to think!

I just spoke with our guide and she had no info on this but then again they may not havce the full details as of yet but I wouldn't hold my breath as others have said where are the points coming from and what of the people allready on the waitlists for those places at 92.00 a point.

jnrrt said:

I'm thinking about it, but I like to know how long I have to think!

Someone said that a mailing would be going out to all members informing us of the deal. So, it stands to reason they would have to keep it in effect for at least a month. Maybe through 11/30?

Hopefully that postcard will have an ending date listed.

jnrrt said:
Not really. This isn't the first time that the DIS DVC boards churned with the question "How long will this promotion last?"

mydogdrew said:
It is perfectly reasonable to expect that DVCI resales will sell for less than SSR, right? However, I doubt DVC is carrying any inventory BCV points. There might be some BWV & OKW. The bottom line is that, like it or not, if this SSR pricing sticks, your resale value has to drop $5-$10 per point. I am curious what the DVC threshhold for ROFR is these days. Certainly not a good time to be buying resale right now.

I think the average SSR resale contract is selling for less than BWV & BCV.

DVCPAT said:
I think the average SSR resale contract is selling for less than BWV & BCV.

I agree....I think those prices are set much more by demand than by DVC's "going rate". Honestly, when I look for BCV resales, I can't say I have even noticed what other properties are going for....I compare one BCV price to another, and that's as far as I get...you can't compare for too long, or the contract is gone!! ;)

:wave:

Beca

That's a great question, Bagleybears. From what has been shared so far, there doesn't appear to be an offer!!

Excuse my ignorance, as I'm a "fairly" new member. Do you have to own at BWV, BCV or WWL to get this add on at $80 a point? I own at Vero Beach and SSR. I have never added onto my current homes, but would love to own at BVC or WWL. I would like more info as time is going fast and I would like to try and take advantage. I already have a Disney Visa, but it says "Charter Member". Can I get another that says DVC Member and get that 6-month deferral? Then I could use that card for the 120 points.

I seriously hope this is NOT the case. I recently purchased both VWL and BWV at $92/point. I have to agree, I can't see Disney lowering the price this much... it just isn't "Disney" and not in line with "normal" ROFR practices. Is Disney's inventory so high the DVC resorts loosing value?

A gentle reminder that this rumor was posted on Oct 18 and, as yet, there has been no official confirmation....
ornurse said:
I just heard that DVC is or are going to offer a better deal then the offer @ SSR. 80.00 a point at either BWV,OKW,BCV min 120 points.. I also posted the special offer @SSR last week and nobody believed that, but was true as well... BUY BUY BUY..... :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter