Special Ways to Celebrate Birthdays in DLR?

Andrea0710

Mouseketeer
Our daughter will be celebrating her 8th birthday when we are in DLR, so I would like to be able to do something special for her while we are there. Other than the Happy Birthday button and (very expensive lol) Celebration cake, is there anything else I can do for her? Any special events or dining or moments that she can experience while we are there? Thanks in advance!

Alot of people will wish her a Happy Birthday, which is always fun. When my DD had a birthday there I ordered a gift basket to be delivered to the room.

Last edited:
A special birthday meal is always cool! Maybe consider the princess breakfast at Napa Rose (pricey), or a special meal somewhere else and either a princess makeover at Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique or a DIY version in your hotel room (bring your own outfit etc!). I would suggest bringing your own tiara (many available on Amazon) rather than buying one in the park. I didn't have a lot of extra money when my girls were young, so we also brought our own princess dresses and just "princessed up" in the hotel room with sparkly face and hair stuff. They LOVED it and especially loved the attention they got from their favorite princesses.

One idea is to ride the "Birthday rides" - Alice in Wonderland, Winnie the Pooh & Haunted Mansion (down for refurb, but maybe back by the time you visit).
All of those attractions feature birthday (or "unbirthday") scenes in them, and it's kind of a fun thing to do on a birthday.

One idea is to ride the "Birthday rides" - Alice in Wonderland, Winnie the Pooh & Haunted Mansion (down for refurb, but maybe back by the time you visit).
All of those attractions feature birthday (or "unbirthday") scenes in them, and it's kind of a fun thing to do on a birthday.

Pooh is going to be closed starting May 1st with no date of when it will be open.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter