Specific suggestion for sandals

Does anyone else have trouble finding sandals that work with narrow feet? I think that may be the reason for all my trouble. I posted a sandal suggestion earlier in this thread, but have since discovered that I will need to return them. I have tried on 11 different sandals now, and bought and returned 3 of them. I have yet to find one that isn't painful to wear. The problem seems to be the molded foot bed which is so common now in these styles. Every single one feels like the arch is too big or placed oddly and it's like walking on a huge lump. The last sandals I tried I actually ended up with a bruise along the inside of my arch. I am not flat-footed btw, I have noticeable arches on my feet. The only thing I can think of is that my narrow feet must be the problem. Perhaps the arches on these shoes are simple too wide for me and so they travel farther into the middle of my foot than they should, causing me pain.

I'm so frustrated! I can't wear anything that is a slip-on either, because without straps or laces to hold the shoes on, they simply fall off my feet when I walk.

My latest tactic is I am looking into girl's sizes instead of women's. I discovered that there is actually an overlap between girls and women's sizes where they are exactly the same shoe, just different numbers. I'm hoping girl's shoes may be narrower, and I saw one that didn't have the molded foot bed like the adult style did. (But they didn't have my size! Boo.)

Anyone else have this issue? Any suggestions for sandals for people with narrow feet?
If your feet are not used to a strong arch support, they can hurt the first few times you wear them until your feet acclimate to them. It took me about 2 weeks when I first got my Vionics, and the pain was an achy, crampy, stretchy type pain. Now though, they feel like heaven and I love them. Even if I go without them for awhile, I get used to them again pretty quickly.

If your feet are not used to a strong arch support, they can hurt the first few times you wear them until your feet acclimate to them. It took me about 2 weeks when I first got my Vionics, and the pain was an achy, crampy, stretchy type pain. Now though, they feel like heaven and I love them. Even if I go without them for awhile, I get used to them again pretty quickly.

Except it doesn't just feel like the arch is too high, it's like it's entirely in the wrong place. It's either too far up the shoe, or too far down, or too far in...and it's always so darn painful that it's like someone stuck a rock in the bed of the shoe. I can't see how anything like that can be good for my feet. :worried:

Except it doesn't just feel like the arch is too high, it's like it's entirely in the wrong place. It's either too far up the shoe, or too far down, or too far in...and it's always so darn painful that it's like someone stuck a rock in the bed of the shoe. I can't see how anything like that can be good for my feet. :worried:
Hmm, then I'm not sure. :(

I have wide feet, so I'm always hunting for those with wider foot beds. Maybe do a google search for narrow orthotic sandals?

Hmm, then I'm not sure. :(

I have wide feet, so I'm always hunting for those with wider foot beds. Maybe do a google search for narrow orthotic sandals?

Yeah, I've been googling like nuts for the past week trying to see what else might be out there. I have an old pair of sandals that work but aren't perfect. When I position my foot just right, the arch bumps "disappear" and I can't even feel that they are there. That's how it's supposed to feel I'm sure. Yet no matter how tight I cinch them, my foot still moves around on the footbed when I walk, and if that arch gets out of alignment, then immediately that 'rock" feeling returns and it's painful again. I think I need a shoe with a narrow arch and a narrow enough bed that my foot will stay in place. I have two new shoes on order so we'll see how those go. Plan B is to try girl's section at the store and plan C is to see if I can actually track down a seller that offers narrow width at a price that isn't double what the shoe normally costs. :sad2: I've appreciated reading all the suggestions in this thread anyway!

Merrell, ABO Bios, and BareTraps. I hate wearing sneakers/have foot issues, and those are my go-to sandals for heavy walking days/parks.

Others I want to try are Chaco's and Keen.

Yeah, I've been googling like nuts for the past week trying to see what else might be out there. I have an old pair of sandals that work but aren't perfect. When I position my foot just right, the arch bumps "disappear" and I can't even feel that they are there. That's how it's supposed to feel I'm sure. Yet no matter how tight I cinch them, my foot still moves around on the footbed when I walk, and if that arch gets out of alignment, then immediately that 'rock" feeling returns and it's painful again. I think I need a shoe with a narrow arch and a narrow enough bed that my foot will stay in place. I have two new shoes on order so we'll see how those go. Plan B is to try girl's section at the store and plan C is to see if I can actually track down a seller that offers narrow width at a price that isn't double what the shoe normally costs. :sad2: I've appreciated reading all the suggestions in this thread anyway!
Just be aware that kids' sizes are often wider than adults'. I can also wear girl's or women's shoes and I usually try girl's when I can't find wide width.

Just be aware that kids' sizes are often wider than adults'. I can also wear girl's or women's shoes and I usually try girl's when I can't find wide width.

Really? I would have assumed that kids would have narrower feet than adults.

I have wider feet and a high arch. I swear by my Sketchers Yoga Mat Sandals. We were doing 14 miles a day on our trip in February and they were amazing. They have cloth straps so they don't dig. You have to get what best suites your feet. Try them on and walk around the store. I tired on dozens of recommended sandals before I bought the sketchers. If there was the slightest rub or they just didn't feel right, I didn't get them (and there were some I really wanted to work, they just didn't).

^This for me too.

I've been making a list of recommended sandals for our trip this winter. At spring break, we went to Las Vegas, and I needed to buy a new pair of shoes because my oh so comfy flip-flops were not going to be so great for walking. I went to a huge shoe store and tried sooooo many pairs.
Some frequently recommended ones, included several types of bare traps, the olawahu sandle and others, were just not comfy for my feet. I ended up hitting a sketchers store and buying these - they feel fabulous! Highly recommend.

https://www.skechers.com/en-us/style/14682/skechers-h2-goga-bountiful/pur

I also bought a pair of crocs twist sandals, which are comfy, but after a few hours, the back strap rubs against the inside of my arch, and blisters.... I have high arches and thin-normal width feet.

http://www.crocs.com/p/womens-meleen-twist-sandal/202497.html

I also recommend Keens. I took two pairs last trip and they were great. Whisper and rose I think

http://global.keenfootwear.com/en-ca/product/shoes/women/whisper

http://global.keenfootwear.com/en-ca/product/shoes/women/rose-sandal

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter