Spirit Airlines Schedule Release?

ArielDreams

Mouseketeer
I’ve found a very enticing cruise deal for April out of Fort Lauderdale and would book if we can get there for cheap as well! Flights are outrageous currently but I see that Spirit is only booking through early March. Does anyone have insight into when they might extend their schedule? I’ve never flown with them before but want to jump on it as soon as they’re available.

(yes, I’ve heard the negative reviews about this airline but really I just want something cheap this time!)

If you need to be reasonably sure to get to your destination in time to board your cruise, I would choose a different airline. In the city where I used to live, Spirit was CONSTANTLY on the local evening news with irate passengers stuck at the airport when a flight was delayed (either unable to depart or unable to return home). I would NEVER fly with them. Since they don't fly every route daily (or multiple times per day), you will be out of luck arriving in time for your cruise departure if there is any sort of delay. Many of these shoe-string airlines don't have a lot of planes, so one mechanical issue or bad weather somewhere else can mess up their entire schedule. Good when things go as planned, but turns into a disaster when things don't go well.

Saving a few dollars on the airline tickets won't seem like much of a deal if a delayed flight impacts your ability to arrive at your destination in time to board your cruise.

Last edited:
Check again spirit just open up end of march. Prices are insane. 900 round trip... no thank you!!

I’ve found a very enticing cruise deal for April out of Fort Lauderdale and would book if we can get there for cheap as well! Flights are outrageous currently but I see that Spirit is only booking through early March. Does anyone have insight into when they might extend their schedule? I’ve never flown with them before but want to jump on it as soon as they’re available.

(yes, I’ve heard the negative reviews about this airline but really I just want something cheap this time!)
Spirit released their schedule a few days ago. Unfortunately their fares for March and April are very high. $300-$400 each way from the Boston area as well as Philadelphia and Atlantic City! "Cheap" fares resume on May 2nd.

Spirit released their schedule a few days ago. Unfortunately their fares for March and April are very high. $300-$400 each way from the Boston area as well as Philadelphia and Atlantic City! "Cheap" fares resume on May 2nd.
Yes - they look absolutely insane!! For a “budget airline” where nothing is included?!?

We will probably end up skipping it

We fly Spirit all the time, and have for years. They have multiple flights a day to/from our local airport to/from Orlando area. The thing about Spirit is that even a few weeks before a trip (or even a week) you can find super cheap flights. I've flown to Orlando RT for less than $50. I had a flight cancelled on me ONE time...during Christmas week, last flight of the day. Spirit gave me hotel options to stay and paid for it, sent me vouchers for food and transportation as well. That was last year.

Point is that I stalk Spirit flights a lot, usually via Google Flights, and find no rhyme or reason as to when they will drop. That doesn't help for planning THIS far ahead, but I've found cheaper fares much closer to my travel dates. Last week I booked a flight to FL from Baltimore for my son and paid $50 one way (I already had the flight down booked for $35 since I bought at the airport).

Sadly for a cruise you are locked in much earlier so having flights booked ahead of time is more critical. Good luck!

We fly Spirit all the time, and have for years. They have multiple flights a day to/from our local airport to/from Orlando area. The thing about Spirit is that even a few weeks before a trip (or even a week) you can find super cheap flights. I've flown to Orlando RT for less than $50. I had a flight cancelled on me ONE time...during Christmas week, last flight of the day. Spirit gave me hotel options to stay and paid for it, sent me vouchers for food and transportation as well. That was last year.

Point is that I stalk Spirit flights a lot, usually via Google Flights, and find no rhyme or reason as to when they will drop. That doesn't help for planning THIS far ahead, but I've found cheaper fares much closer to my travel dates. Last week I booked a flight to FL from Baltimore for my son and paid $50 one way (I already had the flight down booked for $35 since I bought at the airport).

Sadly for a cruise you are locked in much earlier so having flights booked ahead of time is more critical. Good luck!
Thank you! This is helpful. I will keep stalking until they drop :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter