• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Splash Mountain reopening March 8th!

I was looking at the refurbishment calendar on the 8th and Splash is no longer listed! I’m going in February and then again in May so this news doesn’t affect me a ton but hopefully this is happy news for some early March visitors!
Just saw this! Our last day is Feb. 4th sadly. Maybe it will open a few days early? Lol A girl can hope. 😅

Same here! I'm hoping it opens a few days early. Our last day is March 4th too. We've already moved one of our park days a day early so we can do Matterhorn but can't add more days at the end to get on Splash.

Same here! I'm hoping it opens a few days early. Our last day is March 4th too. We've already moved one of our park days a day early so we can do Matterhorn but can't add more days at the end to get on Splash.
We are literally in the same boat! Lol We also added a day (Sunday) to ride Matterhorn, but have to fly home on Sat the 5th. Crossing my fingers for the both of us! ❤️🤞🏻🥰

Yay! I'm so happy to hear this! Our first day in the parks will be 3/9. We only rode Splash once last time. It's a must do for us on this next trip.

We are literally in the same boat! Lol We also added a day (Sunday) to ride Matterhorn, but have to fly home on Sat the 5th. Crossing my fingers for the both of us! ❤🤞🏻🥰
Oh how fun! We're going to visit my husband's family in Oceanside after we are at Disneyland so I guess technically we *could* add more days since we don't fly home until March 8th. But I don't think they'd appreciate us ditching our visit with them for more days at Disneyland. Lol. They already don't understand why we go for 5 days every time we go. Easy for them to say when they can go anytime they want and we have to fly or drive down from Washington state! We love Disneyland and haven't been there since August 2019 so we need a nice long Disney vacation!

What day are you taking off during the week?

My kids were so upset yesterday when I told them Splash was going to be closed during our trip (3/7-3/9) as I just assumed it would be closed the entire week since it wasn’t showing as open for 3/7. So this is going to be such great news that I might not tell them just in case Disney changes their mind. Not sure how often closures get extended, but I might not want to take any chances.

My kids were so upset yesterday when I told them Splash was going to be closed during our trip (3/7-3/9) as I just assumed it would be closed the entire week since it wasn’t showing as open for 3/7. So this is going to be such great news that I might not tell them just in case Disney changes their mind. Not sure how often closures get extended, but I might not want to take any chances.
if anything they get shortened

Matterhorn is reopening on 3/5 so if I were you and if it were an option I’d move my trip a week or so later

I wouldn’t count on Splash opening early, but I suppose it’s technically possible but unlikely. One time Small World was supposed to reopen on the Saturday we were there but it actually reopened halfway through the day on Friday. And then back in November Big Thunder was supposed to reopen on Friday but it reopened toward the end of the day on Tuesday earlier that week. That was great because I was there Monday-Friday so that made it 4 days it was open instead of 1. But I wouldn’t get my hopes up that Splash will open early. Assume it will be closed and if it opens early that’ll be a very happy bonus

Matterhorn is reopening on 3/5 so if I were you and if it were an option I’d move my trip a week or so later
Sadly I don't think it's an option to switch our dates. We are able to get highly discounted employee rate hotel rooms but they're usually only available if we book them 90 days before the trip. Our dates are locked in based on when we can get those. It would cost us triple or more to pay rack rate and that's a lot of churros. Lol. It's okay. We'll be able to do Matterhorn for one day which is better than none!

Sadly I don't think it's an option to switch our dates. We are able to get highly discounted employee rate hotel rooms but they're usually only available if we book them 90 days before the trip. Our dates are locked in based on when we can get those. It would cost us triple or more to pay rack rate and that's a lot of churros. Lol. It's okay. We'll be able to do Matterhorn for one day which is better than none!
That’s too bad, but at least you’ll get to do Matterhorn and you’re not letting it ruin your trip! I was there when the Splash closure started so it was open the first couple days and I binge rode it those days and then just had fun on other things the rest of the days. It’ll be closed for my February trip as well which is really sad but I’ll just have fun on other things!

Oh how fun! We're going to visit my husband's family in Oceanside after we are at Disneyland so I guess technically we *could* add more days since we don't fly home until March 8th. But I don't think they'd appreciate us ditching our visit with them for more days at Disneyland. Lol. They already don't understand why we go for 5 days every time we go. Easy for them to say when they can go anytime they want and we have to fly or drive down from Washington state! We love Disneyland and haven't been there since August 2019 so we need a nice long Disney vacation!

What day are you taking off during the week?
So… we are actually visiting family in San Diego during the trip also. Are you sure we aren’t family? Lol JK. We’re doing a week in SD before then driving up to Anaheim to do Disneyland that Sun- Fri, flying home on Sat. I haven’t been to my home park of Disneyland in 10 years, and this will be my husband and kids first (and maybe only) trip there! It’s been a long time coming. I hope you guys have an amazing trip!!! ❤️❤️

So… we are actually visiting family in San Diego during the trip also. Are you sure we aren’t family? Lol JK. We’re doing a week in SD before then driving up to Anaheim to do Disneyland that Sun- Fri, flying home on Sat. I haven’t been to my home park of Disneyland in 10 years, and this will be my husband and kids first (and maybe only) trip there! It’s been a long time coming. I hope you guys have an amazing trip!!! ❤❤
Ha ha! Maybe we are secretly related. :) I have 4 Disney loving kiddos (ages 14, 11, 10 and 5) The 5 year old has been asking me every day of this pandemic to go see Mickey and we can finally do it!

Have a great trip and maybe we'll see you there! We're starting DL on Sun, Tues and Fri and DCA on Monday and Thursday. We're going to add in a one day visit to Universal Studios on Wednesday since we are doing a park day Sunday. My husband and I haven't been there since we were kids and my kids have never been there. Fun! And my feet will probably be ready to fall off after 6 days of amusement parks straight!

Ha ha! Maybe we are secretly related. :) I have 4 Disney loving kiddos (ages 14, 11, 10 and 5) The 5 year old has been asking me every day of this pandemic to go see Mickey and we can finally do it!

Have a great trip and maybe we'll see you there! We're starting DL on Sun, Tues and Fri and DCA on Monday and Thursday. We're going to add in a one day visit to Universal Studios on Wednesday since we are doing a park day Sunday. My husband and I haven't been there since we were kids and my kids have never been there. Fun! And my feet will probably be ready to fall off after 6 days of amusement parks straight!
Love it all! We have 10 year old twins that have never been! We are in Tampa now, so WDW is our closest park. We’ll be in DL Sun, Tues, Thurs, and Fri, and CA Adv on Mon and Wed! I’m sure we will pass each other at some point! lol Have the best time! 😀

I was looking at the refurbishment calendar on the 8th and Splash is no longer listed! I’m going in February and then again in May so this news doesn’t affect me a ton but hopefully this is happy news for some early March visitors!

Can you share the link for the calendar you look at? I've been trying to find a good one online.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter