• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Split stay between Disney Resort and a Disney Springs resort

lilfaeriebrat

Mouseketeer
Airline changed our return flight to 4 hours earlier which killed our plans for spending part of the day in the park. I found a good rate at one of the non Disney resorts in the Disney Springs area so we can just add a night and change the flight to leave first thing the next morning. Now I have to figure out the logistics of everything.

Is there a bag transfer service to these resorts?
I saw in the sticky post above that the resorts have specific times that they run their shuttles to the parks and that you need a reservation. How does that work on your check in day?

other than taking a taxi to WDW resorts don't think there is a option. Now a few years ago you could ride a WDW bus with your luggage (we did when we changed hotels) now you can't. they changed that rule a few years ago.

that say they do have bag transfer but think it is only good for the WDW resorts.

are you getting a hotel on hotel plaza blvd or some place else? the ones on hotel plaza blvd were the old downtown disney hotel.

Did you try extending the day at your Disney resort? How about you store your luggage at your Disney resort the last day and then stay at an airport hotel for your am flight? We have done that and it is sooo nice to wake up in the airport and just go downstairs for the flight. There are also nearby airport hotels with a shuttle to the airport so not just the one inside the airport.

Our trip is at Poly and we can't extend all the DVC rooms are booked. I've waitlisted a couple options and I keep checking for something to open up.

Never thought about airport hotels. I'll have to look into that.
Thanks for all the thoughts and helpful information.

Mco Hyatt… great hotel, pool on roof, East food options out in airport or within hotel. East convenient and ur right at the airport which is so easy for leaving… plus all those last minute shops lol. Enjoy ur visit!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter