Split stay reservations

Rags21

Earning My Ears
Sorry if this has been asked but I’m new

I currently have a week reservation at my home resort for November. This year we have some extra banked points so I would like to do a split stay with a non-home resort (4 nights at non-home, 3 nights at home resort) When the 7 month window opens I’m not sure how to proceed.

I will not have enough points to book an additional reservation of 4 nights at non-home resort (and keep the 7 nights at home resort) so do I have to modify my home resort reservation first and then book the second reservation at the non-home resort?

If possible, I would probably change your current reservation, splitting it into a 4-night and a 3-night for the same room type and resort. Then when the time comes for the 7-month res, just modify the 4-night portion. If nothing is available at 7 months and you just keep the same resort, Member Services can merge the 2 back together for you. If you a modify, the system will handle any point difference better.

Ok great thanks. Can you set it up so the non-home resort 4 nights replaces the current home resort 4 nights?

Or do you have to cancel the home resort so that I have the points in my account to book the non-home?

Ok great thanks. Can you set it up so the non-home resort 4 nights replaces the current home resort 4 nights?

Or do you have to cancel the home resort so that I have the points in my account to book the non-home?
No need to cancel anything. You just use the modify button associated with the reservation you want to replace. If the new reservation is available, the system will reuse the points from the reservation you want to replace. If the new nights are not available, nothing happens, you keep the one you have. Good luck!

If you split it now, you can just replace what you want.

If it stays as 7 nights, you can not modify only part of it. If you try, you will only end up with the new nights and lose the rest

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter