Splitting Meals at Disney World

goofyistheman

Earning My Ears
Hello All,

What are your favorite meals in the parks where one entree (QS or TS) is big enough for two? Have you ever had a problem just sharing an entree, particularly at a TS?

Thanks!

I'm not usually with someone who wants to share, but I don't think I've ever finished an entree at WDW, excluding V&A and MAYBE Monsuier Paul's. They tend to be huge! As I like to enjoy several items, I routinely eat an appetizer and a salad for my meal - or sometimes 2 apps. Its one of the things I adore about Spice Road Table. I LOVE tapas! Anyhow, the portions are giant, its like the freaking Olive Garden.

Edit: Yorkshire is not big enough to share. My favorite quick service is Tangerine Cafe and its absolutely enough to share.

Last edited:
When I do travel with mom, who will spilt, we'll still get 2 entrees and have had several restaurants that will split them each so it looks like we're both having 2 meals. I've noticed the WDW restaurants are more than happy to do this, thinking specifically of FF, CG, and Il Muliano. They also have no issues when we order a number of apps between us. Even if our meal price is reduced (I don't think it ever is!), we make up for it drinking good wine, so they've always been super sweet about it.

Other than 50's PTC, Tomorrowland Terrace and Flame Tree Barbeque I do not find entrees big enough to share. And I am a small person with a medium, average appetite.

Hello All,

What are your favorite meals in the parks where one entree (QS or TS) is big enough for two? Have you ever had a problem just sharing an entree, particularly at a TS?

Thanks!

DW and I often split meals. Some QS places we do that are Flame Tree at AK (full rack of ribs meal), Tangierine Café (Shwarma platter) & Les Halles (split a brie sandwich, soup and dessert) at EP. For TS we often split an app, entrée and dessert. Lots of places we like will do that. I can't think of a non-buffet TS place we've eaten where we haven't done it.

Last edited:
I often share an entree when at WDW, but we usually supplement with an appetizer and/or dessert. I also agree that there aren't a lot of entrees that are big enough to be a meal for two without adding something (I'd say have I have an average sized appetite as well). I haven't had problems being allowed to share an entree at the TS locations, except for at dinner shows (e.g., HDDR), fixed priced meals (e.g., CRT) and dining packages (e.g., Fantasmic dining package) (everyone has to pay regardless of how much is eaten or ordered). Another caveat is at VN when using the dining plan: each person dining on the DDP must use a credit - you cannot order one pizza and use one credit to feed two people. At the TS location, sometimes they'll split the dish in the kitchen, other times they'll bring out a second plate.

Favorite meals to share:
Le Cellier (Cheddar Cheese Soup & Ribeye)
Via Napoli (Arancini, proscutto e melone pizza, and Coppa Di Brutti Ma Buoni sundae)
Morimoto Asia (Morimoto Spare Ribs & Morimoto "Buri-Bop" or Duck Ramen)
Tiffins (Bread Service & Taste of Tiffins)

Studios - 50s Prime Time Café - Mom's Favorite Recipes. The server said it happens all the time and was delighted to serve it to my husband and me (and we almost literally cleaned the plate)

Studios - Sci Fi Dine In - my husband and I split a burger and onion rings here but since we don't like the same toppings on the burger, we were able to get each on the side

Animal Kingdom - Flame Tree BBQ - ribs, chicken and pulled pork sandwich. I would caution not to go on Twilight Zone or Rock N Roller Coaster after eating that

Epcot - with so many different selections, we each just grab what we want, walk to the place where the other one wants something and then sit together and enjoy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter