Splitting stay with Vero and WDW

vbarry

DIS Veteran
Thinking of four nights at WDW and 3 nights at Vero. Is this too much moving in a one week trip? (with DD 2 1/2 and DD 6??) I keep looking at the photos of Vero and they are beautiful. We cannot stay any longer this year due to my husband's job change.

Anyone know if there is any availability left for this summer??

Please tell me your experiences slitting WDW stays with Vero!!

The age of your children I think they will like Disney more. Vero offers beach and not much more for small kids. The time of year would make a difference also, wormer weather would be better to enjoy the beaches at vero.

If I could only stay 10 nights:sad2: ...then I think it would work.

It just seems it is a lot of running around for a 7 night stay.

I know my children would enjoy WDW more but we go every year and I have never taken our youngest to the beach!!!

Decisions....Decisions!!

The best thing to happen is if I called MS and they said nothing was available and then my decision is made!!!

The age of your children I think they will like Disney more. Vero offers beach and not much more for small kids. The time of year would make a difference also, wormer weather would be better to enjoy the beaches at vero.

augh.... you pierce my heart. :faint:

You are sorely mistaken... VB is probably the resort with the most activities for young children. :grouphug:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1423413

OP... this would be a wonderful trip. Many people followup WDW with VB and find it a perfect blend.

Good Luck :thumbsup2

I am going to bump this.

Has anyone done 4 nights at WDW and then 3 at Vero or 5 nights at WDW and 2 at Vero or does anyone have any thoughts on this plan??

Also-how do you get a rental car from OKW??

We have a split stay scheduled for December. 4 days at WDW followed by 2 days at Vero. We've only been to Vero once (also in December). Not looking for a lot of water activities at that time of the year, just a couple of relaxing days enjoying our 2nd DVC home.

Nothing may be available, so if that's your wish it would be granted!

You can rent a car from Alamo, which is at the Car Care Center and will pick you up. Alternately you can use National, and get it at the Swan/Dolphin.

Alone as a couple and with guests with children, we have broken up vacations with VB and WDW and have enjoyed each one. We are planning a 3/3 night vacation next year, and our DGC will be 3, 4 and 5. There are lots of things for the little ones to do at VB!

Bobbi:goodvibes

augh.... you pierce my heart. :faint:

You are sorely mistaken... VB is probably the resort with the most activities for young children. :grouphug:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1423413

OP... this would be a wonderful trip. Many people followup WDW with VB and find it a perfect blend.

Good Luck :thumbsup2

I could agree more with DisDaydreamer....... I split stays between BWV and VB every summer for the past 5 years and my kids (4,9,10) love VB as much as WDW. The kids activities are simley the BEST!!!!

Thanks guys!

I did check yesterday and nothing was available but I am going to call back today and waitlist for the last two nights of our vacation!!

Hello,

We are spliting our stay in 3 weeks. We are going down on Friday May 4th, landing in Orlando and renting a car. I believe it should take between 1.5 to 2 hours to get to Vero. We will stay 3 nights in vero and then wake up early on Monday May 7th and drive to the Beach Club villas for 5 more nights.

While this is 8 nights and not 7 , I think 7 would be fine also. We are doing Vero first so that we have WDW to look forward to. We are going to get to WDW as easly as possible on Monday the 7th so we can get almost a full day in the parks.

Peter

We did a split stay in February, 3 nights in VB followed by 2 nights at SSR.

I was shocked when I was sad to leave Vero! :sad2:

I just did 3 nights at Vero and 3 at BWV. I felt 3 nights at BWV was too short. 3 at Vero and 4-5 at BWV would have been great.

We split stay with Vero - it's mostly Vero with a WDW day bookending it just to split up the drive for us.

As for activities, last year DD7 had a broken arm and could not swim - and she still rated the VB part of the trip above the Disney days.

Well...I have waitlisted for July 2-5th. I know this is probably a long shot over the holiday. I waitlisted for every category of room other than the beach cottage.

Any luck with getting a Vero waitlist??

When should I call and check or should I??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter