Sports Bars - On/Near Disney?

RCKC2018

Earning My Ears
Hello,

I will be in Orlando in November. I wasn't planning on visiting the parks on Sunday, November 10 and planned on catching the NFL games at a sports bar. I will be staying at Sheraton Vistana Resorts (Cascades). Does anyone know of good bars to watch the NFL?

I just learned about the Universal CityWalk and saw there is a NBC Sports Grill & Brew. Has anyone been there? Is it better/worse than ESPN Club? I'm guessing it would be cheaper to go to bars not on Disney/Universal property for drink and wings specials. Just trying to get any info. Thanks.

We’re here now and just passed Miller’s Ale House on I-Drive near the Convention Center. There’s also a Bahama Breeze closeby.

Buffalo Wild Wings is in the Orlando Icon center.

I would recommend the sports bar inside Gaylord Palms "Wreckers." The down and upstairs is one huge TV.

https://www.marriott.com/hotel-rest....mi?scid=bb1a189a-fec3-4d19-a255-54ba596febe2

I have only been in the ESPN sports bar at cheer competitions so I only saw a wall of cheerleaders inside.

Beef O'Brady's is a Florida chain. Slightly biased as we know the family of the founder that lives in Tampa (his granddaughter cheered with my DD). I don't know how close one is to your hotel, but we go to Beefs here in Tampa all the time.

https://www.beefobradys.com/

Last edited:
Thanks. I've done that and get the usual chain restaurants and what not. Was hoping someone had some recommendations based on experience.

World of Beer is a chain, but a lot of my co-workers go to the one in Tampa. There is one in Orlando. I am not sure of what TV monitors and games they show.

Buffalo Wild Wings is another good choice.

The problem with the chains is they try to get as many people in/out which if you are watching the game, you want to sit back and take your time and not feel they are rushing you to get the next group seated.

I would recommend the sports bar inside Gaylord Palms "Wreckers." The down and upstairs is one huge TV.

https://www.marriott.com/hotel-rest....mi?scid=bb1a189a-fec3-4d19-a255-54ba596febe2

I have only been in the ESPN sports bar at cheer competitions so I only saw a wall of cheerleaders inside.

Beef O'Brady's is a Florida chain. Slightly biased as we know the family of the founder that lives in Tampa (his granddaughter cheered with my DD). I don't know how close one is to your hotel, but we go to Beefs here in Tampa all the time.

https://www.beefobradys.com/
Do you have to pay for parking at Gaylord Palms?

We’ve eaten at Millers Ale and I loved the atmosphere but we weren’t there during football season. They did have quite a few giant screens, couple pools table, outdoor seating and really good bar food/ drinks

I just had dinner at the NBC Sports bar at Universal. Food was good and plenty of TVs to watch. Lots of bar space if you want a quick seat (though they tend to fill up), otherwise I had no problem getting a table on a Sunday evening. Citywalk can be a bit of a pain to get to though from what I saw. They funnel cars in so expect a wait to park or be dropped off.

We love NBC Sports Grill & Brew, and haven't found it overly busy any of the times we've been there. Once we were there during March Madness Final Four and it was comfortably full. We had no wait getting a table in the dining room.

However, for a day of watching football, we enjoyed ESPN Club at the Boardwalk. Last time we watched from there, they labeled each TV with which game they were showing so we chose our seat based on the one we wanted to pay most attention to. We got there about an hour before kick-off and there were only a couple tables left, so do get there early. They also had two guys doing a "pre-game show" with microphones and lights walking around the restaurant, doing trivia, etc. It was supposed to replicate something you'd see watching ESPN. It was a fun way to pass the time before kick-off while being surrounded by like-minded people.

I'm not sure if its still offered, but ESPN Club used to offer a VIP package which we tried once. Reserved seating in the dining room area with a dedicated server. We walked in at kick-off and sat right down. It was a long booth where we sat next to each other and both had a view of the big screen and all the surrounding TVs. At the time it was a $75 food & beverage minimum per person and they up-charged you the difference if you didn't meet it. I think we spent around $100 between the two of us after appetizers, entrees, and a few pitchers so we chalked up the extra $50 to the convenience of having a good reserved seat.

Millers ale house,theres one near Disney in Lake Buena vista and one by the convention center on I Drive,can't beat the prices,the place is always packed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter