Spouse/SO

We met our first year of grad school, even though he is 5 years older than me.

My dad passed away two weeks before my birthday, the year we met. He went to the funeral and spent the afternoon with my family. In his birthday card to me, he wrote inside that I’d never be alone. We married five years later.

We have 2 kids, in their 20’s, and will be 32 years married this beginning of February.

Enjoy reading how everyone met.

For DH and me, we met in church. I had just started at a new church after college. My dad and me decided to try choir and DH and another friend came up to introduce themselves to us. About a week or 2 later the young adult Sunday school class was having an event and I needed a ride. The only people in the class I knew at all was DH and his friend, but his friend was married. So I called DH for a ride and he asked me out on a date. We were married 9 months later. Our 27th anniversary is tomorrow, 1/18.

This time of year always brings up feelings of how wonderful he still is, how everyone thought we were crazy to get married so quick. How we are still perfect for each other.
Happy Anniversary! :love:

Epic story! Seems you were smitten from the beginning. Did you ever ask her when, or at what point, her spark was lit?
Ha, epic indeed. Especially when I was living it. And yes, me from the start. Marie? About a year. Actually, I don't recall asking her, at what point or time. I thought I'd leave well enough alone, LOL, that it did happen.

Thank you for this thread. The past few months have been a difficult adjustment with a dementia diagnosis. I really needed this reminder to reflect back on the past 25 years, thinking about what brought us together and kept us together through thick and thin. This next phase is our biggest challenge yet.
This truly made my tear up. I pray for you. I can't imagine. We are here for you.

Ha, epic indeed. Especially when I was living it. And yes, me from the start. Marie? About a year. Actually, I don't recall asking her, at what point or time. I thought I'd leave well enough alone, LOL, that it did happen.

Dan, that's a wonderful story. What a thoughtful & patient man you obviously are. I'm sure Marie is so happy that you didn't give up on her. God bless and many good wishes for your years ahead together.

Thank you for this thread. The past few months have been a difficult adjustment with a dementia diagnosis. I really needed this reminder to reflect back on the past 25 years, thinking about what brought us together and kept us together through thick and thin. This next phase is our biggest challenge yet.

Sorry to hear of the difficult news. Sending wishes for strength as you navigate the challenges ahead. :grouphug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter