• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Spring 2021 Campsite Discount

Bishoparc

DIS Veteran
Wow, believe it or not it looks like we've got a discount on the campsites. Through May 27, 2021, you can save up to 20% on campsites for stays most nights only between April 11-May 27, 2021.

Here's the article from Jackie @ the DIS - Save Up to 20% at Disney's Fort Wilderness Campsites (wdwinfo.com)

For reference this would save you approximately $185 on a 5 night stay in a Premium campsite.

If you've already booked for those dates you can go online and modify your reservation by clicking "Change reservation" then scroll down and select "Change offer". If you booked via a travel agent such as Dreams Unlimited, you can verify that the discount has been applied for you by checking with your travel agent. You can call Disney as well. Please remember, only a certain number of sites are allocated for this discount so don't wait!

Last edited:
I have a cousin who is a CM and we were talking last week and she told me that she was seeing availability for CM discounts for campsites and she has very rarely seen that.

Unfortunately for my parents trip next month neither her discount or this deal was available.

Dang, figures I miss it by 2 weeks. I was checking FW reservation for the next few weeks to "check on" the FW crowd level and how packed (or not) FW would be over the next few weeks . Saw FW show up with a discounted price , WHAT ?!?! Was shocked when I saw discounts for FW , thought it was an IT glitch :lmao:

Wait ...... I knew I just saw a pig fly by outside !

I'm willing to bet @Bishoparc 's salary that "most nights" in this offer won't have many available discounts on weekend nights (Friday and Saturday).

Or around Easter Sunday.

You might get a few weeknights in May and something is better than nothing for sure. But Disney has jacked the spring rates up so high that this offer doesn't surprise me.

I'll have to head over on the interwebz and check if the 2022 rate data for the full 12 months is available yet.

Bama Ed

I'm willing to bet @Bishoparc 's salary that "most nights" in this offer won't have many available discounts on weekend nights (Friday and Saturday).

Or around Easter Sunday.

You might get a few weeknights in May and something is better than nothing for sure. But Disney has jacked the spring rates up so high that this offer doesn't surprise me.

I'll have to head over on the interwebz and check if the 2022 rate data for the full 12 months is available yet.

Bama Ed

Lol

I spot checked during the dates, you are correct. Weekends not so much and there are a couple of weeks that there is no availability but surprisingly it was available most weeks during the advertised dates. Some categories were sold out for the discount as of this afternoon that were previously available this morning so if you’re interested, book now.

It’s definitely tempting!

Just saved $100+ on my May ressie, I always stay Sun through Fri for easier availability and to avoid the jacked up weekend rates. You can apply it online by going to My Disney Experience pulling up your FW ressie and clicking the change button; if it is available for your stay, there'll be a box that will show the discounted rate and you can select that and check out again and it will apply the rate and your previous deposit to your reservation and show the reduced amount due at check in.

I just checked using 'change reservation' and it said 'no preferred sites available'. I already have a site. I just want the discount, even if it's for one night.

Gonna call Disney direct. If ya don't ask, ya don't get.

UPDATE: So I was told the same pretty much. It was phrased as 'only tent/popup' sites are 'eligible'. I asked if she meant the offer was restricted to those sites or that it was just that there were no other site types available for my dates ('preferred' 4/30 for 9 nites). She indicated the latter. I mentioned that I wasn't looking to 'book' a site per se, I already had one and was just looking to get the discount. Nope.

Well, I tried.

Last edited:
UPDATE: So I was told the same pretty much. It was phrased as 'only tent/popup' sites are 'eligible'. I asked if she meant the offer was restricted to those sites or that it was just that there were no other site types available for my dates ('preferred' 4/30 for 9 nites). She indicated the latter. I mentioned that I wasn't looking to 'book' a site per se, I already had one and was just looking to get the discount. Nope.

Well, I tried.

Wow. Wasn't there just a thread somewhere on the board saying that if you have an existing reservation at Disney resorts and they introduce a new discount that you can call and have the discount applied?

I can't think of why you couldn't get the discount other than perhaps it's because it's the Fort? I donno.

Wow. Wasn't there just a thread somewhere on the board saying that if you have an existing reservation at Disney resorts and they introduce a new discount that you can call and have the discount applied?

Yes, if the discount is available you can call or you can go online and choose "change reservation" and then scroll down to "change offer". The discount is based on availability of that particular category. There were some dates that were available yesterday morning when they released it that weren't available when I checked yesterday afternoon so it is possible they "sold out" of the sites that were available for the discount that particular date or the particular date range wasn't available to begin with due to already being booked pretty full.

One change in the last few years is that a discount could only be applied if the whole reservation fit in the discount window (all nights must qualify for the discount). Now recently we've heard on here that the "all" angle is no longer true and you can have some nights discounted in your reservation and some not.

But again just because there are vacancies doesn't mean they qualify for a discount. There are only so many discounted nights permitted and once they're gone/taken there is no more. So if you get some, great. But the discount is generally no more than 15% which is not a make or break decision maker in my book.

Because whenever the stars align and the bank account permits, we comin'. Nothing is going to make us back down from comin' to the Fort. Because we want to stay at the Fort.

Tell 'em, Ed O.:

giphy.gif

Ed O. is helpful to Bama fans at times.

Me

Can't say I wasn't disappointed, but as Bama Ed says it's not a 'make or break' thing.

That's not to say I might not call again and talk to a different CM, maybe ask for a lead (we all know how that can work, or not)....when I have another hour to spend on hold.

I just checked using 'change reservation' and it said 'no preferred sites available'. I already have a site. I just want the discount, even if it's for one night.

Gonna call Disney direct. If ya don't ask, ya don't get.

Well, I tried.

It's still possible to get the days w/the discount. But, unfortunately it eats up any spare time you may have. We have 10 days booked in April (Premium). I couldn't apply the discount to the entire reservation, on the day the discount was announced. But, I am in the process of rebooking our entire trip, whenever I can find a day or two available. It really stinks to have to rebook, but it's a nice savings if I can get all the days. So far I've got 8 of the 10 days with the discount and 2 without. Still have a few weeks to get it finished and merged together(hopefully).

I have seen quite a few Premium Meadows & Preferred pop up.

Don't give up & good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter