Spring 2022 DCP Applications

indylaw99

Disney-loving Mom!
So my daughter just applied to start in January. She did the Web Based Interview today and afterward it said she was a "Strong Candidate" and she would be contacted later with a final decision. I thought after the WBI you were either told you didn't pass or that you did pass and were moving to the interview stage?

Anyone else applying for October through next Spring and want to share what the process has been like for you or your kids so far? I know it just opened yesterday so it's a little early. But it would be nice to know when people are hearing acceptances and rejections for different start dates so we have some idea where she is. Class scheduling for spring will start next month along with housing deposits. So hopefully we know more in the next month!

So my daughter just applied to start in January. She did the Web Based Interview today and afterward it said she was a "Strong Candidate" and she would be contacted later with a final decision. I thought after the WBI you were either told you didn't pass or that you did pass and were moving to the interview stage?

Anyone else applying for October through next Spring and want to share what the process has been like for you or your kids so far? I know it just opened yesterday so it's a little early. But it would be nice to know when people are hearing acceptances and rejections for different start dates so we have some idea where she is. Class scheduling for spring will start next month along with housing deposits. So hopefully we know more in the next month!
Congrats to your daughter! Right now, they are not doing interviews, just the WBI. If she passed an is in consideration, she will eventually hear something. If she did not pass, she would have received a NLIC (no longer in consideration). And because of no interviews, positions are being assigned to new DCP participants, there is no job preference, though I believe they can still say they have an interest in lifeguarding. Otherwise, you are cast based on the needs of WDW. This current program, applicants heard about 6 weeks to a month prior to their arrival date. But who knows this time around!

Congrats to your daughter! Right now, they are not doing interviews, just the WBI. If she passed an is in consideration, she will eventually hear something. If she did not pass, she would have received a NLIC (no longer in consideration). And because of no interviews, positions are being assigned to new DCP participants, there is no job preference, though I believe they can still say they have an interest in lifeguarding. Otherwise, you are cast based on the needs of WDW. This current program, applicants heard about 6 weeks to a month prior to their arrival date. But who knows this time around!
Wow! Thanks for the information. 4-6 weeks before arrival is not much time considering they have to enroll in classes for next semester and we have to pay deposits for classes and housing. You would think with it begin specifically a college program that they would take that into consideration. I guess so many kids are trying to get in though that Disney can pretty much do whatever they want? My girls have had to register for internships and study abroad opportunities 6 MONTHS in advance!

Wow! Thanks for the information. 4-6 weeks before arrival is not much time considering they have to enroll in classes for next semester and we have to pay deposits for classes and housing. You would think with it begin specifically a college program that they would take that into consideration. I guess so many kids are trying to get in though that Disney can pretty much do whatever they want? My girls have had to register for internships and study abroad opportunities 6 MONTHS in advance!
It could be sooner this time around, they tend to be purposely vague with timelines lately. It is definitely difficult for students to prepare!

Thanks for posting this my son also applied to start in December and received the same information after the Web Based Interview. I was also wondering about next steps. Fingers crossed!

Thanks for posting this my son also applied to start in December and received the same information after the Web Based Interview. I was also wondering about next steps. Fingers crossed!
Best of luck to him!

It's all happening so fast! I was nervous and then I was excited and now I am a little sad that she is leaving for 7 months!! lol

It's all happening so fast! I was nervous and then I was excited and now I am a little sad that she is leaving for 7 months!! lol

If my daughter doesn’t do DCP she’ll be away at school, so she’s away from home in either case. If she’s at WDW at least it gives me an excuse to go!

If my daughter doesn’t do DCP she’ll be away at school, so she’s away from home in either case. If she’s at WDW at least it gives me an excuse to go!
That's true! My daughter is away at school but we still see her every 4-6 weeks, depending on how holidays and breaks fall. Needless to say, I've already booked 2 trips to Disney on DVC points for the spring this morning. Thankfully we just renewed APs this month. I already try to go to Disney every 3-4 months but this is definitely going to increase that a little for 2022!

The new process is strange in that they are not doing any interviews at all. Did they need kids that badly or did they figure out that the traditional interview process wasn't really that worth it?

That's true! My daughter is away at school but we still see her every 4-6 weeks, depending on how holidays and breaks fall. Needless to say, I've already booked 2 trips to Disney on DVC points for the spring this morning. Thankfully we just renewed APs this month. I already try to go to Disney every 3-4 months but this is definitely going to increase that a little for 2022!

The new process is strange in that they are not doing any interviews at all. Did they need kids that badly or did they figure out that the traditional interview process wasn't really that worth it?
Just a guess,but I think since they were "starting from scratch" they needed all the DCPs they could get as soon as they could get them and wanted to "shorten" the process.

And since ALL DCP Positons were available,it was much quicker to just star assigning Positions instead of taking "requests".

From talking with some of the DCPs last Month,that was the impression we got.

Congrats to your Daughter!

All the DCPs we talked to were so excited to be there and so "dedicated" to helping bring WDW "all the way back"!

Your Daughter and all the current DCPs will have the lifelong memory of being a 50th Anniversary Cast Member! :)

DD didn’t get in with today’s wave of acceptances, but is still under consideration. Keeping my fingers crossed for her! 🤞
Hopefully she will hear before too long! As much hiring as Disney is doing, I am sure there are going to be a couple more waves!!

For those whose kids were accepted in this wave, I’m curious what year they are in school. Does Disney place any kind of priority on that, such as preferring juniors over sophomores? DD only just started her sophomore year (although she took a number of AP classes & college courses in high school, so credit-wise she is almost a junior).

For those whose kids were accepted in this wave, I’m curious what year they are in school. Does Disney place any kind of priority on that, such as preferring juniors over sophomores? DD only just started her sophomore year (although she took a number of AP classes & college courses in high school, so credit-wise she is almost a junior).
My son is in his sophomore year at school. He is going to school part time. His semester doesn’t finish until December but luckily all his classes are remote so hoping he can complete the semester while in Orlando.

My DD is starting her third year but credit-wise is a senior. Those extra credits sure help when you want to take a semester off to spend in Disney! lol

Were any of the acceptances last week part of the culinary internship program? I know that is more specialized and they work closely with my DD's university. She is hoping to do her internship there in the Spring.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter