Spring Advantage 2012

Good luck! I have mine next Monday. I don't have any amazing tips as I haven't done mine yet either, but a lot of people say to smile because the interviewer can tell, be yourself, show your excitement, and relax!
I don't know if you've read the whole thread, but on page 10 there's a list of questions you might expect.

I have the same question about how long it takes. I know I'll be anxious to know.

Right now, the time it takes to interview and hear back is all over the place. I know people who have applied on the first day (September 5th - phone interview the 7th or 8th) who are still waiting (as of October 11). There are also those who have heard back, but found out they were pending. With this, there is the possibility they won't hear back until December 19th. Now, there are also people who are accepted within a week of interviewing.

It truly varies. I know for me, my email I received after I interviewed said 3 to 4 weeks and I found out right at 4 weeks.

Hey guys congrats to those whove been accepted! I'm an electical engineer at Virginia Tech, I passed the web application process and have the phone interview this tuesday night, nervous! Any tips? How long does it take after the phone interview for you to know if you've gotten in or not?
Thanks!

I know someone who interviewed four weeks ago and hasn't heard yet. She's been told various time frames by different folks in the CP, none of which match -- every person gives her a different story. The latest date for notification was 12/19.

My husband had his interview last Tuesday and he got an email acceptance on Saturday. So, about 4 days. He was accepted into the Baking and Pastry program.

I interviewed on Oct 7 and heard back on Oct 11, so just four days! As soon as I hung up the phone I thought that I'd get a pending letter (it wasn't my best interview haha) So even if you think you didn't do well don't let yourself think you won't get in!

Good luck to everyone who has an upcoming phone interview and to those who are still waiting to hear back! :thumbsup2

I interviewed the second day that interviews were available and I got a pending email and then got accepted at around my 4 week mark!

I interviewed the second day that interviews were available and I got a pending email and then got accepted at around my 4 week mark!

Congratulations on getting in !!! :banana: And thanks for sharing...it gives hope to others who are "pending" that they may still get accepted.:love:

Congrats to everyone who's gotten in!

Eekk I just had my phone interview! I've been a ball of nerves all week waiting for it! Anyway, my interviewer was really sweet and it went better than expected, but IDK if I'd call it good.

I did catch myself saying "um" a lot and I wasn't sure my answers were the best. When asked how I am with being interrupted I said "I would stop what I'm doing and see what the person needed and then get back to my task" - I think that answer may have made it seem like I'm more task oriented rather than people oriented.

I forgot to mention park information as a concierge duty when she first asked - I said "um (cringe) well, assisting guests with almost anything they need such as check-in/check-out, dining info and reservations, and ....." she said "OK if you were a guest what would you expect of concierge?", then I said check-in/check-out, dining info and reservations, and show times and general park info.

She did note that I'm open to a lot of roles.

At the end she said "See that wasn't so bad, I don't know what's worse the interview or the waiting".

Ha ha she's right!

Was supposed to have my interview last night, something got messed up and they never called, had to re-schedule it for sunday. More anxious, nerve-wrecking, worrisome waiting until sunday night haha. Man I hope it goes well. Id really love to know what went wrong...when I called I had my number verified, so that wasnt it, and the email they sent me hours after my appointment time said they called and i didnt answer, but my phone never rang! :confused3:confused3:headache::headache:

We'll just have to have a DIS CP party after everyone is moved in!

I actually haven't told anyone about applying. I want to announce it when I get accepted, but be able to keep it on the down low if something unexpected happens...my mom knows but my sister and father have no idea! I think my niece might freak out when she finds out.

This is how I am too. My mom knows, because she was the one who encouraged me to apply last night, after I casually mentioned I was thinking about it. One of my housemates knows, because I had to tell someone. And several administrative people at my school know because I'm trying to get the ball rolling on all the paperwork I might have to fill out.

My two housemates that are staying next semester don't know yet, and my other friend who will be moving in doesn't know yet either. I'm most nervous about telling them, and my bosses.

Hi, I'm Gretchen. I just applied last night for Spring 2012 and I have my phone interview scheduled for 9:15am on Sunday. My top roles are Character Attendant, Main Gate Operations, and Costuming.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter