Spring Break at VB and VWL

bobbiwoz

I'm happy to dance with you!
:wave: Hi! We're just back from 3 nights at VB and 2 at VWL. Great trip, weather could have been better at VB. The Weather Channel had lots to say about drought conditions in FL, well, we had some very serious steady rain at times from Monday through Tuesday afternoon. However, I woke up on Wednesday to see the sun rise, not over the horizen, but over some clouds, and it was beautiful. It was enough for us to book Labor Day weekend there, yes, we called MS right before we left. No OV rooms available, that's ok, we waitlisted for one and took a studio.

Some observations:
1. Studios at VB do not have ceramic cups or glass glasses except upon request. Until this stay we had only stayed in inn rooms, ocean or garden view, and they both had the "real things." We had to call twice, but we did get them.
2.Scallops and mussel special at Shutters is delicious! Don't forget to use DDE card!
3. VWL's handicap studios are adequate for us...we don't need HA and didn't ask for one, but having one wasn't as bad for us as we feared. I was concerned because I am not steady on my feet, and worried about slipping, but that wasn't a problem. The shower threshold did not keep all of the shower water in, but we didn't have a flood either.
4. Having a DVD player in the studio is great. We're not park commandos, we wanted a relaxing vacation and watched a number of movies both at VB and VWL.
5. The Behind the Seeds tour was interesting, worthwhile. I have a great sheet for a science project for hydroponic growing...I could make copies if you are interested.
6. CM at VWL was very accomodating to us as we needed to have our boarding passes printed out. She went in and did what was necessary to change our seats.
7. WL's main pool was opened on Wednesday.
8. We enjoyed the Monster's Comedy show at MK. If you are able to text message a joke to the cast, you get recognition during the show...so go prepared with a joke!
9. A 1 day waitlist to our June trip came through in our absence. No call was necessary. We gave up a SV studio at BWV for a studio at BCV. Our June trip will be 2 days BCV and 3 days BWV...a good combo for us!
10. AKV is a hit! We were so pleased when we went on Friday to view the samples. They are larger, DH noticed that right away, and the shower stall in the one bedroom is gigantic. The extra bathroom in the one bedroom is a full bathroom, not just a powder room. We both like the decor. We are pleased with the purchase.
11. Been there and going back, we love our DVC vacations!:love: At VB of course, it's the ocean in all of it's moods, and frequent sightings of feathered friends, love to see pelicans flying, walks along the beach, (sign says turtles could be nesting now, but didn't see any evidence of that)...at VWL, we took bikes to FW and came across a few deer who let us watch them for awhile.

Bobbi:goodvibes

Sounds like a great trip! It's good to hear your comments on the AKV models. It's hard to get a feeling for how large they are from the photos that have been posted so far. Thanks for the report!

Sounds like a wonderful vacation. Thank you for sharing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter