Springtime Surprise Weekend 2024 (April 18-21)

If anyone is picking up 10 miler bibs today or tomorrow, would love to hear corral assignments. We won't get to the expo until Saturday.

Does anyone think they'll start the 10 miler a little earlier on Sunday due to heat? I feel like one year they started the half 15 min earlier but I can't remember
I'm pretty sure they started the 'half of a half' 15min early during MW because of the line of storms. They announced it somewhere between 4 and 6pm the night before, updated the guide (and runners crashed the page with everyone checking for the time and course changes.)

And in 2022 they expedited the start of the marathon due to higher predicted temperatures (not 2021 high, but probably enough that they didn't want a repeat) and got everyone across the start line in about 40min instead of 60.

Just a little PSA from a local: HYDRATE, push those electrolytes, and be heat aware! While the races don’t look particularly challenging (though keep in mind, this is coming from a Floridian who needs a sweater when the temp dips below 75 lol!), park time outdoors in the heat and sun can definitely impact your races, too. It was 90 where I live at 6pm when I ran yesterday and I got a little overheated and definitely did not rehydrate adequately afterward: woke up with a headache and feeling pretty blah. Feeling much better now after hours of downing water. Don’t be me!!!
I am not a local. I'm an Ohioan. But a few weeks ago, I did ten on a nice-ish Saturday. Didn't feel super hot or humid, but I woke up on Sunday and had headaches and flu-like symptoms all day and the only thing I can attribute it to is the terrible job at did at hydrating and recovery after the run on Saturday. I took in electrolytes later in the day and that's when I started to feel human again. Who knew it was a terrible idea to not eat or drink anything and then go bowling for a couple hours?

All of that to say, hydrate and eat leading up to the races, people, your future self will thank you.

This heat is real! It has all been said already, sorry to be repetitive, but if you are running this weekend hydrate!!! Yes, I am from the North and these races are early in the day but don’t forget about the humidity and it can be rough with sun or no sun.

I for one would be happy for an early start on the 10 miler. Was planning a POT effort but may back off that on Sunday. Good luck to everyone running this weekend!!

Stitch T-Shirt sold out with platinum. Pretty sure they are not restocking as they took it off the mannequin.

We went in with Gold at 9am and saw the 3x, but those were gone super fast too. I was so proud finding a smaller one that had been ditched for my hubs, but he said no cuz he won’t wear purple. 🙄🤦🏼‍♀️ It disappeared immediately when I put it with the blue finisher shirts.

The Dug shirt must have also sold old out of smaller sizes during Platinum as well. Only 3x was left by the time we saw it. Thankfully we got lucky with a smaller size being put back while we were hanging around since it was the only shirt my husband liked.

We’re huge Stitch fans, and that area was scary when we initially went in. 😲 I’ve never seen people behave that way.

Confirming A corral for the Challenge, bib 202xx

Yes, same for myself and my hubby is 203xx and also in A. I believe I saw someone in line with 206xx that was B corral, but hopefully another diser can confirm…?

I am about done with RunDisney merchandise…we were there around noon today and there was nothing for my size S/M wearing daughter. She was disappointed … until DH snagged a M gray weekend themed tank off of a restocking rack…chased the CM down to get it!

The shirts I wanted were down to 2X or 3X only. Settled for a 10 Miler tank in 2X and will alter it when I get home.

On the positive…there were two 10k shirts in my stack of Challenge shirts when I looked in my bag back at the resort!

Oh, also, random side note…. Not sure if you have to be a member, but play the DVC game! My husband won a $25 Disney gift card, and I won a $250 one from watching the video they emailed! 😅🤑
Was this a race-related dvc email, or just a general dvc email?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter