• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. - Corey Click Here

Springtime Surprise Weekend 2024 (April 18-21)

Bib 264xx.
Not liking the look of that. I know I didn't have a POT and I don't remember what I put down as estimated finish time.

Edit - I didn't realize I could still find that info on the site. I put an estimated finish of 2:16-2:30 for the 10 miler and 12:01-14:00mm for the 5 and 10k.
This did end up being a corral E bib.

Guessing this is how it should be lined up:

A: Under 1:30 (POT)
B: 1:30-1:45 (Plus CrD?)
C: 1:45-2:00
D: 2:00-2:15
E: 2:15-2:30
Seems likely, but I did think that they had options after 2:30 in the drop down. Or I thought I'd chosen 2:00-2:15 and didn't realize I hadn't until it was too late to change it. So many options.

Seems likely, but I did think that they had options after 2:30 in the drop down. Or I thought I'd chosen 2:00-2:15 and didn't realize I hadn't until it was too late to change it. So many options.
Maybe one more for 2:30-2:40? Looking at it again I think the time limit should be 2:40 (16 min per mile from balloon lady start), not sure how that would be reflected in the choices and the corrals though.

I think because SO MANY choose the first non-POT that RD has no choice but to bump people to other corrals.

Corral A seemed very small this morning. I walked in at 4:35am and was still in wave 1.
I feel like E wasn't even that big. I was in line for Peter and Wendy when they went on break, and they didn't come back until 4:00. We got the photos, I went to the porta potty in the staging area instead of by the corrals, so a bit of criss-crossing the area, and I was still in group 1 of E. I walked around people to get near the front, but no pushing, shoving, or stepping over people.

The course didn't feel too crowded either from there. I hope that's a trend that continues through the rest of the weekend.

I think because SO MANY choose the first non-POT that RD has no choice but to bump people to other corrals.

Corral A seemed very small this morning. I walked in at 4:35am and was still in wave 1.
Probably this. During Marathon Weekend this year, folks that chose the 8:00-10:00/mile pace option at registration were spread from A to C because so many had selected it.

10K corral C with a 316xx bib. Same pace estimate as 4 friends who got B. I’m usually luckier than that, so I guess it’s my turn to take one for the team lol!

Y’all… it’s HOT, right??? Or am I just old and unable to handle it anymore?! Went to EP from about 11a-2p and then the expo - legit felt ill from the heat, despite being hydrated, electrolyted , and using an umbrella. Better now after chilling in my room, but I’m one who isn’t normally done in by the heat like that. The upside is that by tomorrow night, I should be fully acclimated and ready for the next 9 months of summer! :rotfl:

10K corral C with a 316xx bib. Same pace estimate as 4 friends who got B. I’m usually luckier than that, so I guess it’s my turn to take one for the team lol!

Y’all… it’s HOT, right??? Or am I just old and unable to handle it anymore?! Went to EP from about 11a-2p and then the expo - legit felt ill from the heat, despite being hydrated, electrolyted , and using an umbrella. Better now after chilling in my room, but I’m one who isn’t normally done in by the heat like that. The upside is that by tomorrow night, I should be fully acclimated and ready for the next 9 months of summer! :rotfl:
You're not wrong. It is HOT. I was in my room all day, working. Left at 5 to meet my husband at Studios for dinner. I was ready to go back before I even hit the gate.

There’s a reason why until air conditioning became widely available, Florida was the least populous state in the South. The population was neatly divided between billionaire plutocrat snowbirds and crazy swamp hillbillies.

On the bus coming back from MK this evening, I heard a family talking about how it is supposed to cool down to a high of 72! On Monday… If true the weather does not like runners!

On the bus coming back from MK this evening, I heard a family talking about how it is supposed to cool down to a high of 72! On Monday… If true the weather does not like runners!
Yeah, I saw that forecast. On the one hand, why does it have to wait until after the running is done?! 😭😭 On the other hand, I’m not exactly sad that my post-race park days are going to be way more comfortable 😁😁

Welp…yesterday first bus at AsMu pulled up at 227 with a handful of runners from sports got us left a minute later picked up 4 people from movies and we were one of the first people lined up at security at 245

Today busses pulled in at 237 and aren’t leaving till 3

Was really hoping to be at an advantage to meet characters before crowds built so I could be in the front of my coral

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter