Squirts, Shirts, and Flirts, The Legend Continues 2 weeks in FW(wrap up #2 new 11-17)

About an hour and a half away. Under good driving conditions, I can be at the Georgia/Alabama border on the way to my sister's in 2 hours. Of course that means not hitting Atlanta traffic and common slow-ups on the bypass. :sad2:

Do you regularly HIT traffic in Atlanta !!!:rotfl2::rotfl2:

About an hour and a half away. Under good driving conditions, I can be at the Georgia/Alabama border on the way to my sister's in 2 hours. Of course that means not hitting Atlanta traffic and common slow-ups on the bypass. :sad2:
gotcha will keep that in mind.

Do you regularly HIT traffic in Atlanta !!!:rotfl2::rotfl2:

No, but it often comes darn close to hitting me!!! :scared1:

you two.
:laughing:

Chapter 60 Wrap up session #2

there wont be any pictures this chapter. but still feel free to read along

18 months are you serious it has been that long since i started this?

actually i knew it had been that long, i intended the report to take about a year, i knew i had alot of stuff to cover and the trip was long over two weeks so there would be alot of chapters.

there is positives and negatives for a report taking that long.

Positives
- you get to remember details of your trip much longer
- your report lasts longer so more people will come across your report.
- you can cover a few more "real life" moments as well
- more opportunities to use my favorite smilies ::yes:: and :banana:
- make more "friends" on the Dis
-makes the time between trips go that much faster as you are still recapping your last trip

just to name a few

negatives
- your report lasts longer and people who start out reading with you either are upset you dont post every day/other day so they drop your report
- it does take alot of time to write reports and comment on them that you dont have as much time to read others trips and comment as you would like.
-more opportunities for marv to bash my spelling, and rosie to try and bash it while she herself mispells 5 words in her comments. :sad2:

that is all i can think of off the top of my head right now.

but i can say that people losing interest and not commenting anymore i am sorry, i do try and get to chapters up as quick as i can, stuff just happens and gets in the way, you might only have 20 minutes to spend online and it takes that long to read and comment on others without much time to spend on your own.

anyway, lets get to some wrap ups shall we.

--thanks to the readers--

i have met many new readers this time around and i am thankful for that. i have become closer friends with those i have know for a while and that is awesome.

for those that maybe started out commenting and then stopped and just read along i hope that you enjoyed the report and the stories we had along the way and for taking the time to read along...i hope the stories we had made you smile and enjoy disney while miles away from the "world".

for the readers who stuck with the report the whole time and commented it was appreciated, i know everyone is busy and thanks for taking the time to comment.

--another why it took so long--

i knew that the winter of last year we would try for another child and when candi was pregnant i wanted to share with you guys the good news.

so that happened well when i saw the pace i was going on the report i knew that i would not be able to finish before our hawaii trip and thought it would be a fun addition to the report so that happened.

well then summer happened and we got busy there, and then noelle was born and busy there, so you have the saga of the 18 month trip and how it was stretched out.

--some firsts on the trip--

around disney firsts-

have camped before in FW, but this was the first time for parker and candi to camp there.

road the tronorail, wasnt what i hopped for, hard to see out of but cool to see driving by
had three meals at the polynesian this trip, enjoyed them all.
had a blast at the new kiddie area in the FW pool
ran along the FW to Wilderness resort a few times.

---saw yeehaw bob for the first time, he was hilarious....also had my first official DIS meet with glenn and his family not once but twice.

meal firsts-
the luau - we had a great time and i would go back again, the food was great and the show was alot of fun.
park fare - food was okay but had good character experiences there so would prob. go back
kona - the food was really good.

MK firsts-
saw and meet with the faries
did the character meal at the crystal palace, was also the first time we have been in the MK before it has opened,
parkers first ride on goofys barnstormer. had a blast with him on there.
edit: was lead around MK tomorrow land on a wild goose chase trying to find glenn and his family.

epcot firsts-
saw the jaminators really enjoyed the show.
had a three color margharita from mexico, no need to say more

MGM firsts-
had a nice cold beer at the fantasmic show, tasted great after a loooonngg day in the heat.

AK firsts-
have never had a sit down meal in this park, didnt really know much about them, but enjoyed our meal at the yak and yeti
had a cream cheese jalapeno pretzel it was really good and unfortunatly had to share it with candi she liked it.
saw finding nemo the musical

there are more first im sure i am missing but those jumped out in my mind without looking back at the whole trip report

also was able to spend some good quality time with my grandparents which turned out to be the second to last time we saw my grandpa. parker had some great moments with him so that was a blessing as well.

we had the scary moments on the way down and back when the tires blew,

also hit a bird and had it stick to the side of teh trailer.

so kinda like the hawaii trip it was a great trip but a little long to be with family in that close of quarters for that long.

would we do it again sure would we switch a few things up, absolutely.

but all in all it was a great trip and one parker still talks about to this day.

we were very fortunate to have my parents spring for pretty much the whole trip and are thankful that we could spend time with them there and have some good memories.

coming up next i will disclose when we are planning to go again.

but will give you guys the weekend to comment

if people are still reading along?

Thank you Dan for sharing your trip with us. I know that I have to finish mine soon since I haven't worked on it in ages. I promise that I will finish it by the end of the year. Even though I have two trips to Detroit planned for December.

I've really enjoyed reading your TR. Sad to see it coming to an end but it had to eventually. Great report!

Dan, another great wrap-up.

I thoroughly enjoyed the Disney portion (I already told you I enjoyed the Hawaii portion) of your TR; and even more, I enjoyed getting to know you and your lovely family.

Thank you for sharing the trip(s) with us, friend.

I too am sad to see this TR end. I have really enjoyed reading along and lurking along too. Your Hawaii trip just further showed me that I must get to Hawaii some day. You have a beautiful family and I look forward to the next TR (hopefully sooner than later).

Thanks for sharing your trip(s) with us Dan! I have also loved reading your real life updates. :goodvibes

I totally understand why it takes so long to write trip reports, just look how long mine is and I am not even half done yet!

Thanks Dan, I really enjoyed all the trips, updates, real life events etc.

I hope you have a trip soon and will share all fun ( and even not fun things).

I know life with 2 little ones is busy and I appreciate any and all the time you spend keeping up " up to date".

Somehow your TR caught my attention back in the beginning (you know, about 18 months ago, lol!) as I was planning my own trip for the Wine-and-Dine half marathon and was reading DIS a lot for ideas. I kept reading for many reasons - your posts were fun, I loved seeing disney through Parker's eyes, you filled in with interesting/entertaining side-stories, and I'm a fellow hoosier. Eventually I had to cut back on my time here as a lurker, and when I come back I found I had a lot to catch up on - Congrats on your little princess! I've got some middle-of-the-TR to catch up on, but am looking forward to it.

Sorry this TR is coming to an end - but thanks for sharing your adventures!

Okay, love the wrap up. So sad it's over :sad2:

Just think, since this all started you had a great family vacation, you found out you would have another baby, your little man got to be a big boy, you found out you would have a girl, you took a wonderful trip to Hawaii, you peed on your wife's foot, and you added a beautiful little girl to your family. Pretty good 18 months, I'd say! It should take this long, so that it's time to do a PTR when you finish the TR!:thumbsup2

Thanks so much for sharing, and stay in touch!:grouphug: to all of you!

Yes, of course we're still reading along Dan! It just may take a couple days to register present. :guilty:

Great wrap-up. I've enjoyed following along on your Disney trip, the "what if" trip, and all of the life events along the way. Thanks for sharing them with us. I can't wait to hear when the next trip might be.

I have enjoyed your report, both Disney and Hawaii

Can't wait to hear about plans for your next trip popcorn::

I know all too well how a TR can take a very long time to finish! I may not post or even read as often as I like but hey, that's not just on your TR it's on everyones. :rotfl:

I very much enjoyed your TR, Hawaii too. That is a LOT of extended family time to be sure. I will look forward to the next one and hope to keep seeing you "around" on my TR or elsewhere :goodvibes

Thank you Dan for sharing your trip with us. I know that I have to finish mine soon since I haven't worked on it in ages. I promise that I will finish it by the end of the year. Even though I have two trips to Detroit planned for December.
not a problem, i know you have alot going on right now so finishing yours up can wait...heck it cant take longer than 18 months can it? haha

I've really enjoyed reading your TR. Sad to see it coming to an end but it had to eventually. Great report!
thanks, i know it is sort of sad it really means the trip is over:laughing:

Dan, another great wrap-up.

I thoroughly enjoyed the Disney portion (I already told you I enjoyed the Hawaii portion) of your TR; and even more, I enjoyed getting to know you and your lovely family.

Thank you for sharing the trip(s) with us, friend.
your welcome, im glad you enjoyed them, thanks for taking the time to read along and get to know us.

I too am sad to see this TR end. I have really enjoyed reading along and lurking along too. Your Hawaii trip just further showed me that I must get to Hawaii some day. You have a beautiful family and I look forward to the next TR (hopefully sooner than later).
thanks, for reading and lurking glad you enjoyed it.

well i saw some info today so it might push our trip for next time back a few months but we will see, still have some things to figure out.

Thanks for sharing your trip(s) with us Dan! I have also loved reading your real life updates. :goodvibes

I totally understand why it takes so long to write trip reports, just look how long mine is and I am not even half done yet!
thanks, i enjoy reading about the tales of your crew as well even when not in disney.

you wouldnt dare push it to 18 months would you?

:laughing:

Thanks Dan, I really enjoyed all the trips, updates, real life events etc.

I hope you have a trip soon and will share all fun ( and even not fun things).

I know life with 2 little ones is busy and I appreciate any and all the time you spend keeping up " up to date".

pat thanks alot, it will be about a year before our next trip, have to make sure noelle is a little older for her first one.

i apoligize in advance for not keeping up with yours and others now that mine is over, i find myself this last week only checking the dis like 2 days getting to be a little busy around our parts.

Somehow your TR caught my attention back in the beginning (you know, about 18 months ago, lol!) as I was planning my own trip for the Wine-and-Dine half marathon and was reading DIS a lot for ideas. I kept reading for many reasons - your posts were fun, I loved seeing disney through Parker's eyes, you filled in with interesting/entertaining side-stories, and I'm a fellow hoosier. Eventually I had to cut back on my time here as a lurker, and when I come back I found I had a lot to catch up on - Congrats on your little princess! I've got some middle-of-the-TR to catch up on, but am looking forward to it.

Sorry this TR is coming to an end - but thanks for sharing your adventures!
an offical :welcome: since everyone has the same pictures i like to share some different stories that happen to us to make it fresh and a little different.

always good to have a fellow hoosier on board with us.

your welcome and thanks for reading along hope i gave you a few ideas and tips for your last trip.

Okay, love the wrap up. So sad it's over :sad2:

Just think, since this all started you had a great family vacation, you found out you would have another baby, your little man got to be a big boy, you found out you would have a girl, you took a wonderful trip to Hawaii, you peed on your wife's foot, and you added a beautiful little girl to your family. Pretty good 18 months, I'd say! It should take this long, so that it's time to do a PTR when you finish the TR!:thumbsup2

Thanks so much for sharing, and stay in touch!:grouphug: to all of you!

haha i could have used your paragraph as a wrap up the delay in a nutshell...especially liked how you remembered the peeing on candis foot...not sure how that stuck out in your mind.:laughing:

well as far as a PRETR i dont think i will do one for the next trip. make it a ninja sneaky trip and go and come back and then write a report about it.

but dont worry i will be purusing the pretr section to see who else is going and plan some meet ups with people that our trips will overlap.

Yes, of course we're still reading along Dan! It just may take a couple days to register present. :guilty:

Great wrap-up. I've enjoyed following along on your Disney trip, the "what if" trip, and all of the life events along the way. Thanks for sharing them with us. I can't wait to hear when the next trip might be.

its taken marv a few weeks to register his presence, i think its because im not a lady. :laughing:

thanks glenn, ahh nuts see 18 months and it slipped my mind i didnt put you guys in the wrap up, give me 2 minutes to correct that costly error.

I have enjoyed your report, both Disney and Hawaii

Can't wait to hear about plans for your next trip popcorn::
thanks sharky, glad to still have you along, you were one of the first people on my very first TR's to read along with us.

I know all too well how a TR can take a very long time to finish! I may not post or even read as often as I like but hey, that's not just on your TR it's on everyones. :rotfl:

I very much enjoyed your TR, Hawaii too. That is a LOT of extended family time to be sure. I will look forward to the next one and hope to keep seeing you "around" on my TR or elsewhere :goodvibes
thanks very much, i do look forward to your adventures as well...you guys like to mix it up on your disney trips and that is good.

Aw thanks!

(Just had a thought....you met Liesa on your way out to the "what if" trip too.)
i did she was listed in the hawaii trip wrap up and there is even a picture if my memory serves correct it was a few pages before this wrap up

:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter