SSR Lovers and Owners Part 3

Hi we rented points to stay here for the first time and it is a lovely resort, but I had one issue and wanted to know if this is common at DVC resorts. Housekeeping knocked on door at 8am waking us up on check out day and asked what time are we leaving and I told her 11 am at checkout then 30mins later someone else came with a large cart full of towels as if he was ready to restock the room and he also asked what time are we leaving. I felt rushed at that poinrt to get out of the room before checkout time. Just wondering if this is normal. Other than that we loved the resort despite me sitting on the patio drinking coffe when a black snake leaped on the chair next to me chasing a lizard causing me scream to the top of my lungs and husband and kids laughing at me about to have a heart attack. Will definitely ask for balcony next time😫

Just an FYI, I'm pretty sure the Grandstand walking path to DS is currently closed. We are here right now and my husband wandered around our first day, he was gently scolded and led to the main entrance of DS, I think it's the only one opened currently. They told him the Westside entrance is currently only for employees.

When we were there over Memorial Day we took the bus to Disney Springs for lunch twice and too the Grandstand path back to SSR. Both times there was a security guard on the way out of Disney Springs asking us where we were going, and once we told him he let us on our way. The first day is when we realized there was a sign near the SSR part of the path stating that the path was closed until 3pm. So it seemed that the entrance on that end of Disney Springs was employee only until 3pm. That of course may have changed.

Housekeeping knocked on door at 8am waking us up on check out day and asked what time are we leaving and I told her 11 am at checkout then 30mins later someone else came with a large cart full of towels as if he was ready to restock the room and he also asked what time are we leaving. I felt rushed at that poinrt to get out of the room before checkout time. Just wondering if this is normal.
Let's just say it happens frequently at all the DVC resorts - I can't say it happens all the time, but there are numerous reports of it here on these boards.

Hi we rented points to stay here for the first time and it is a lovely resort, but I had one issue and wanted to know if this is common at DVC resorts. Housekeeping knocked on door at 8am waking us up on check out day and asked what time are we leaving and I told her 11 am at checkout then 30mins later someone else came with a large cart full of towels as if he was ready to restock the room and he also asked what time are we leaving. I felt rushed at that poinrt to get out of the room before checkout time. Just wondering if this is normal.
We leave our “do not disturb“ sign on the door almost the whole time we are on vacation to try to avoid this.

We leave our “do not disturb“ sign on the door almost the whole time we are on vacation to try to avoid this.
Yes I put it up after the second knock but that was the first time I used it during our 4day stay. I never ONCE thought I needed it since they wasn't doing housekeeping anyways.

Your kids sound a lot like mine. 🥰

We have never yet stayed at SSR either (we usually stay close to parks- or at AKL). However, I’ve been talking up wanting to stay at SSR so much (my first trip there is this Nov 🎉) that all 6 of my kids (ages 10 to 20) want to stay there now too!! 😆 I think if you ooze excitement, they’ll be hard pressed to find anything negative about it 😉

I hope you have a wonderful trip!!! ✨
So, that is my standard Mommy brainwashing technique as well. Before our first time riding slinky dog we must have watched Toy Story a million time and before Galaxy's Edge it was Star Wars marathons, BUT......I have decided to try for the very first time totally surprising them. I told them I might be selling my DVC points and that we weren't going next year so as of right now they have no clue.

I honestly don't know how long this will last, but I guess that might also contribute to my worry because now it's going to be a big surprise and I don't want them to be let down when they get there, but honestly, the love the Riviera look and rooms and I was looking at the refurb and the rooms look lovely and they will appreciate all of that as well.

I'm starting to get excited because so many people say this resort is underrated and I'm just excited to stay there once finally!

What would be the closest Publix to Saratoga Springs, or if you suggest another grocery. We would like to pick some things up for our stay, but I think we need to go to hotel first as have 4 people and stuff in full size rental car from airport.

What would be the closest Publix to Saratoga Springs, or if you suggest another grocery. We would like to pick some things up for our stay, but I think we need to go to hotel first as have 4 people and stuff in full size rental car from airport.
Winn Dixie is probably your quickest bet from Saratoga. Go down Hotel Plaza Blvd and make a left on FL-535. Once on 535, stay straight (535 will turn off to the left) and it changes into S Apopka Vineyard Rd rather quickly and Winn Dixie is down on the right another half mile or so.

Hi we rented points to stay here for the first time and it is a lovely resort, but I had one issue and wanted to know if this is common at DVC resorts. Housekeeping knocked on door at 8am waking us up on check out day and asked what time are we leaving and I told her 11 am at checkout then 30mins later someone else came with a large cart full of towels as if he was ready to restock the room and he also asked what time are we leaving. I felt rushed at that poinrt to get out of the room before checkout time. Just wondering if this is normal. Other than that we loved the resort despite me sitting on the patio drinking coffe when a black snake leaped on the chair next to me chasing a lizard causing me scream to the top of my lungs and husband and kids laughing at me about to have a heart attack. Will definitely ask for balcony next time😫
I travel for work a lot, and I just had this happen a moment ago. I am in the Doubletree in Cherry Creek (Denver) and my flight home doesn't leave till 7 tonight. I asked for late checkout (and got 1 p.m.) today because of that. But, the maid just hit the door despite me having the DND placard on the handle. It happens. They were not told.

The closest Publix is in the Regency Village Shopping Center, 8145 Vineland Ave., Orlando 32821. As PP says above, the Winn Dixie is much closer and easier to get to. Maybe not as upscale but perfectly adequate.

They knocked on our door at 9:30am same issue. I said checkouts at 11 right? Then shut the door. It’s annoying especially in the middle of packing. I think a lot of housekeeping tries to get to check out rooms first because they know people usually leave tips the last day (we left $0 because they did absolutely nothing but remove the trash daily). In our case we stayed 7 nights at a preferred room at the springs, never once got housekeeping. Tried contacting the front desk and housekeeping via phone numerous times to get more toilet paper (they gave us half a roll for the week…had to take some from the artist pallet for my family to use ) and towels (had to steal some from the pools). Bartender at the turf club called a manager for us. 3 hours later they delivered toilet paper (gee thanks). A relative went to the front desk to complain and they said “services have been lackluster due to the pandemic” (no lie that was their excuse). Beautiful resort, great pools, very lackluster eating options which gets sort of nullified with DS so close but housekeeping was atrocious.

Your kids sound a lot like mine. 🥰

We have never yet stayed at SSR either (we usually stay close to parks- or at AKL). However, I’ve been talking up wanting to stay at SSR so much (my first trip there is this Nov 🎉) that all 6 of my kids (ages 10 to 20) want to stay there now too!! 😆 I think if you ooze excitement, they’ll be hard pressed to find anything negative about it 😉

I hope you have a wonderful trip!!! ✨
Honestly, it's a great resort. My kids also have loved everywhere we have stayed and SSR is no different. Each place has fun activities to do and places to explore. Enjoy!

It’s happening across Orlando. Housekeeping is strained wherever you go.
Yes. There's another thread with people complaining about rooms not being ready on time. I don't think Disney has ever had enough staff to be able to turn over all rooms between 11AM and 4PM.

Bruce

Yes. There's another thread with people complaining about rooms not being ready on time. I don't think Disney has ever had enough staff to be able to turn over all rooms between 11AM and 4PM.

Bruce
I hope the hospitality industry can get it together for the sake of their employees who depend on this work for a living and the guest who spend lots of hard earned money to enjoy these types of vacations. I save lots of money to take these kinds of trips and dont want to feel rushed to get out of my room before checkout. I do feel bad for housekeeping if they are being forced to hurry and clean rooms for the next guest I dont know the whats happening when it comes to Disney internal work but if I am paying top dollars for a hotel room I just ask let me enjoy the last few hours before check out.

I hope people keep this in mind when they arrive at the resort hours before checkin and expect a room right away. I don’t plan on a room before checkin, and if we are there and one comes through, great! After checkin time, I will be a little bit more (politely) assertive.

I hope people keep this in mind when they arrive at the resort hours before checkin and expect a room right away. I don’t plan on a room before checkin, and if we are there and one comes through, great! After checkin time, I will be a little bit more (politely) assertive.
I hope people keep this in mind when they think about asking for late checkout or plan to make rope drop and then return to the room at 10:55 to call for luggage assistance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter