SSR Lovers and Owners Part 3

Both of you ha... what's the kid pool situation like between the two. I'll need one for a 1 year old and a four year old that's slowly learning to swim at the moment. Anything other than slide at one as a difference?
Disney hasn't done actual kids pools for awhile at resorts. Instead it's the water play areas and then pools with lifejackets. Some have zero entry but not the Grandstand. Uncertain about the Paddock but wouldn't be surprised if it does. My grand niece had a great time at the Grandstand water play area when she was 2 1/2 and then we used a lifejacket and assistance in the pool itself.
Well, 2 of the buildings in Grandstand are close to the Carriage House, but I think that the other 2 are further away than some of the Paddock buildings. Plus, with the Paddock buildings, you can sometimes get real nice views of the lake and fountain.
Using the good old measure with thumb and forefinger it appears that the 2 furthest Grandstand bldgs are pretty similar in distance to the Carriage House as the closest Paddock buildings. And the 2 closest Grandstand bldgs are closer than any Paddock blgs.

Not really thinking that any are all THAT much better than others except with the exception of Carousel if you are wanting to use a pool a lot. Just depends on what is more important to each family. With a 2yo I couldn't have been more pleased than with the Grandstand. Just out the door to the bus stop or go the other way then there's the pool. Less than 5 minutes walk to the carriage house. Paddock is a more elongated section and the lake limits how you can get to the Carriage house when walking.

Disney hasn't done actual kids pools for awhile at resorts. Instead it's the water play areas and then pools with lifejackets. Some have zero entry but not the Grandstand. Uncertain about the Paddock but wouldn't be surprised if it does. My grand niece had a great time at the Grandstand water play area when she was 2 1/2 and then we used a lifejacket and assistance in the pool itself.

Using the good old measure with thumb and forefinger it appears that the 2 furthest Grandstand bldgs are pretty similar in distance to the Carriage House as the closest Paddock buildings. And the 2 closest Grandstand bldgs are closer than any Paddock blgs.

Not really thinking that any are all THAT much better than others except with the exception of Carousel if you are wanting to use a pool a lot. Just depends on what is more important to each family. With a 2yo I couldn't have been more pleased than with the Grandstand. Just out the door to the bus stop or go the other way then there's the pool. Less than 5 minutes walk to the carriage house. Paddock is a more elongated section and the lake limits how you can get to the Carriage house when walking.
I think the pool looks perfect at Paddocks but agree I see both areas as nice. I'll be happy with either I would think based on what is described.

Anyone know the hours for either the quick service or the store to buy grocery items? we’re coming in late and trying to see trying see if we’ll be able to pick up food there or if we should try and find some place on the way in (we get in pretty late)

We are thinking of buying a contract at SSR and we have a couple of questions. Does each area of the resort have a coffee refill station, perhaps near the pool? Are grills available in each area of the resort if we want to have a cook out. We like the look of this resort and it’s proximity to Disney Springs. There seem to be a lot of good deals on the resale market right now for SSR. Thanks everyone. :)

We are thinking of buying a contract at SSR and we have a couple of questions. Does each area of the resort have a coffee refill station, perhaps near the pool? Are grills available in each area of the resort if we want to have a cook out. We like the look of this resort and it’s proximity to Disney Springs. There seem to be a lot of good deals on the resale market right now for SSR. Thanks everyone. :)
Each pool facility has drinks when open and seems grills are pretty common in each section too.

We just purchased a SSR contract in Dec after owing @ BCV since 2013. We are not park commandos anymore and like the proximity to DS and the low pp cost was a bonus.
When I made my purchase after my retirement that is exactly how I thought I was going to use the points- the last half of January driving down to Disney and staying at SSR until January 30 and then driving home.

My little granddaughter said pop-pop can you take me to Disney World so now we fly down in August and are going to try to stay at every non-restricted resort over the next 10-15 years.

I could not have made a better change.

00-qSvDM5RbRDsgPz4pfWeJXkYr5IDGYCMS7j3bLZS0RJiFrMo1Dfzo1nRA9_PkXa084xJ2Twu75QF_jizMkB1ZdA

So....there's a chance we might stay here in early 2025. I can't decide if we'll want to book preferred or standard. I can't decide which section would be best for us. I'm pretty sure I asked about this last year but now, after going to WDW (BRV), we have a better idea of what we like and what our son can tolerate.

We found that we liked to mobile order breakfast and then pick it up to take back to our room to eat. Then we headed to the parks after that. We would get to the bus (or boat launch) at BRV around 9:15, at the earliest and around 10:45am at the latest. So definitely NOT rope drop people.

We would take a break back at the hotel each day. Leaving the park between 2:30 to 4:00pm. Then hopping over to a different park around 5-6pm. We'd leave the parks usually around 8 or 8:30 but did stay a bit later a couple nights (9:15-9:45.)

So based on that information...help me out. Which section would suit us best? I don't necessarily love the idea of being the 1st people on the bus because stopping 4 extra times seems like it would take a million years. BUT...I can't really tolerate standing on a bus either so being the LAST people on might be too risky for that, right? Or is it less of an issue at the times we typically go to/from the parks?

I do like the idea of being closer to the QS place for breakfast since it would be a lot less walking and we definitely prefer eating in our room. We would be in a studio so I can't see us wanting to buy groceries for breakfast. Also, the Paddock menu doesn't have anything our son will eat for breakfast.

Oh, this would be in late January (avoiding MLK weekend), if that makes a difference at all?

Sorry for the long post. Just hoping from some insight. Thanks!

Tough call. The Paddock is the closest to Artist's Palette (main QS), and closest to the main pool (High Rock). Conversely, Preferred, specifically Congress Park, puts you within easy walking distance of Disney Springs, which expands your breakfast options (even if you're taking it to go to et in the villa). Busses won't be an issue by mid-morning.

I don't see us wanting to go to DS for breakfast. Our son basically just likes to eat bacon/sausage and fruit for breakfast so the regular QS places usually work just fine for us. On the map, the Paddock area looks like it could actually be a long walk to Artist's Palette, unless you happen to get a building by the bridge.

The Springs buildings, which I assume is preferred, obviously looks the closest. But I was worried the buses could be a nightmare. Or that noise could be an issue?

I don't see us wanting to go to DS for breakfast. Our son basically just likes to eat bacon/sausage and fruit for breakfast so the regular QS places usually work just fine for us. On the map, the Paddock area looks like it could actually be a long walk to Artist's Palette, unless you happen to get a building by the bridge.

The Springs buildings, which I assume is preferred, obviously looks the closest. But I was worried the buses could be a nightmare. Or that noise could be an issue?
I think The Springs area would work for you. It is closest to Artist Palette, and the times you are going to the park shouldn’t be a huge issue for the busses; however if it did seem like there were a lot of people there, you could walk to the Grandstand, Carousel, or Paddock bus-stops. (By Google Maps, Paddock Stop would probably be the closest if walking from the Springs bus stop.)
I don’t remember the Springs being noisy the times I have stayed there.

Grandstand is Standard and isn’t a far walk from Carriage House and the QS there. And it’s the first bus stop entering the resort - meaning getting a seat on the bus, but having to ride all the way around before heading to the park. See the map here - https://www.wdwinfo.com/maps/SSMap.pdf

How much extra sitting on the bus time does it add when you're Grandstand? I know it would vary depending upon ECVs they need to load. But ballpark...are we looking at 10 extra minutes for all the tops? 20? 30?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter