SSR on a Whim

Jimbo

6 AM and already the boy ain't right.<br><font col
We had such a good time last week at WLV, and DW and I talked about taking an "adults only" trip some time. Well, her company closes between Christmas and New Year's, I've got some spare vacation, and an AP and some spare points. So I decided to see if there were any 1BRs available.

To my surprise, SSR had availability on the days we wanted. So we're checking in on Monday the 26th, and out on Friday the 30th. Less than a minute after I dialed, we were booked for Xmas week. Love that DVC!

Now, though, I'm wondering about the crowds that week. We'll be outta there before the NYE crowds arrive, I hope. Plus we won't be doing any commando stuff. We'll visit Epcot and maybe AK, and see Osbourne Lights at MGM, but our trip probably won't revolve around the parks. What can we expect?

You can expect the busiest week at Disney, very, very crowded.

You will have a wonderful time though, but this is the peak week for Disney.

It will get busier as you get closer to New Years Eve. That said, the parks are open late everynight and it is doable. Just go with the attitude that you've seen it before, and since you're DVC you'll be there again. I'd just plan on seeing all the special holiday stuff, like the counties in Epcot, the Candlelight Procession, the Osborne Lights etc. You'll be fine and it'll be a vacation to remember.

Plan this trip to be for parades, fireworks, large capacity attractions, shopping, visiting all the resorts to see their Holiday decorations, tours and special meals. In other words, do the things that don't involve waiting in lines and the things for which the crowds don't matter. I think you'll have a great time!

Best wishes -

Well, I was impressed by your expression, "spare points." I'm glad you're getting to use them in such fine accomodations at the great time of the year!

Bobbi :flower:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter