Ssr Pools

kevinW1122

Havin' a ball at the House of Mouse.
The pool
My wife and I are new owners of SSR as of 2006. This September will be our first time actually staying at a DVC resort. We are staying at SSR, I was windering if the pools have any specific hours...and if so, are they really enforced? We like to come back to the hotel and swim for a few hours after a day at the parks. We were at pore orleans riverside last year and the "smaller pools" were always lit up so go swimming, but the big theme pool closed and nobody could go in it. Please enlighten me.
kevinW1122 is offline :cool1:

Slides are turned off and roped off when the lifeguards leave. Yes the pools have posted hours and they do enforce them if the pools become too noisey.

We were at SSR 8/18 to 8/22 and were in the Grandstand section (most recently finished). My DH and 2 oldest DS's used the quiet pool after 10pm on two occasions (doesn't have a slide though and there wasn't a lifeguard stationed there any time of day to my recollection) I think there's access to that pool 24 hrs a day, I may be wrong though. I think just about every section of SSR has a quiet pool. The Springs section does not if memory serves me.

We also stayed in the grandstand section. We just got back last week. I LOVED that pool. It does not have a slide but it has a really fun water area that the kids can play in. Water squirts everywhere and there are horses that the kids can use to aim and squirt water at each other. There were always people swimming at night. They also show movies on Mon, Wed & Fri at this pool. The bring in a big screen and you can watch the movie while in the pool!!

The SSR pools are fantastic! We love High Rock Springs and both the Grandstand and Congress Park quiet pools. While I'm not sure about HRS, I believe you can swim in the quiet pools anytime...at least that's my impression.

I have quite a few pics of those pools if you follow the link in my signature....

Enjoy your trip!:goodvibes

On the rules board it has a time posted of 10:00 or 11:00. I can't remember. But the info. packet we received when we checked in said a different time. So I was a little confused so we jumped in anyways at around 11:30. We were not loud and disruptive and no one came and chased us off.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter