SSR-rent a car or not?

jessicar82

Mouseketeer
We will be staying at SSR next week 3/11-3/15 on rented points. I am so conflicted on whether we should rent a car or not. I've read so many reviews of how horrible the transportation is from SSR that I am nervous we will lose loads of time in the parks just waiting on a bus. This will be our first trip to this resort. We have stayed at POP, ASM, and POR previously and found the buses to be fine at those resorts. Last time I checked I could rent a compact car for around 80.00 at MCO from Thrifty.

Any advice is so appreciated!

If you were happy with POR transportation than I would think you should be fine at SSR. We've stayed at both & love both! There are a lot of stops within the resort, I would request grandstand so you can be first on & first off (that way you don't risk the bus being full in the morning if you're at the last stop. Also we found that SSR buses arrived very frequently compared to POR. Actually we found that buses for deluxe resorts often came quicker than buses for moderates.

We have stayed many times and never had a long wait for a bus, almost always no more than 20 minutes. I think some are just very impatient and quick to complain. Also I think with some waiting is a mental situation versus an actual time one.

They feel if they are in a car moving, they are making better time. When actually by the time they walk to the car, drive to the parking lot, wait for a tram, or ferry or monorail, the actual time they gain is not that much or possibly even less.

Also if you walk up to the bus stop and the bus you wanted just pulled out, the wait "seems" longer than if you walk up and the bus you wanted is out of view.

At OKW or SSR I always rent a car but that is because I prefer to have control over my transportation as much as possible. When I am at BWV or BC, I use WDW transportation since there are more available options nearby.

Stephen

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter