Stacey and Ryan SOG 8/1/09 Updated 3/27 Hawaii Day 2

oooh i love the junior bridesmaids dresses, they are really princessy! they are exactly what i am looking for! I want my little sisters to feel like princesses too, and get them dresses like those!

I love the colour of the bridesmaids dress, it looks realy elegant!

great dresses! I like the style of your BM dresses, I love flowey dresses too, very grecian feel to them. So pretty

oooh i love the junior bridesmaids dresses, they are really princessy! they are exactly what i am looking for! I want my little sisters to feel like princesses too, and get them dresses like those!

I love the colour of the bridesmaids dress, it looks realy elegant!

Aww, those dresses are so pretty!!

Thank you guys! To be honest with you, a major factor in my dress choice was price. My mom doesn't believe in the bridesmaids paying for their own dresses. But at the same time, we are on a tight budget. My mom has been searching the internet for days and when she e-mailed these ones I knew they were the ones. The price was great, I can get two of these dresses for the price of one at David's Bridal! And all the reviews I have read have been good. I'm still nervous about ordering the dresses off the internet though. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

lots of people order dresses off the internet- all you have to make sure is you get the measurements correct when ordering them. I love it when you see a dress, and instantly you know its the one- like you, the only problem is the price, and i cannot afford to spend loads on bridesmaids dresses! hehe.

Davids bridal again- ive heard soo much about this place! There is one dress, by Justin Alexander that is sold at Davids Bridal and also here, and if it comes to me wanting that dress, i will get measured up for it here, and order it online from Davids Bridal as it will be much cheaper!

great online finds! I hear you about price, it is alot for people to shell out for a dress they will really only wear once (although I guess the same could be said about a wedding dress too:) )That is so generous of you to buy the dresses for your wedding party! They will all appriciate it I'm sure!

I really like the sage - especially the JR Bridesmaids dresses. :thumbsup2

lots of people order dresses off the internet- all you have to make sure is you get the measurements correct when ordering them. I love it when you see a dress, and instantly you know its the one- like you, the only problem is the price, and i cannot afford to spend loads on bridesmaids dresses! hehe.

Davids bridal again- ive heard soo much about this place! There is one dress, by Justin Alexander that is sold at Davids Bridal and also here, and if it comes to me wanting that dress, i will get measured up for it here, and order it online from Davids Bridal as it will be much cheaper!

I e-mailed the link to my bridesmaids so they can let me know what size they need based on the measurements. So, I will get those ordered soon. Based on what you have been saying, it does seem a lot cheaper to get dresses over here. Good luck finding your dress

great online finds! I hear you about price, it is alot for people to shell out for a dress they will really only wear once (although I guess the same could be said about a wedding dress too:) )That is so generous of you to buy the dresses for your wedding party! They will all appriciate it I'm sure!

Well, my dad didn't think it was a big deal having the bridesmaids pay for their dresses, but my mom has been pretty firm that they won't pay. I think it's an English thing (correct me if I'm wrong Stacey) or maybe an older English tradition. I know when I was a bridesmaid in my aunt and uncle's wedding a few years ago in England, I didn't pay for my dress, my shoes, or my bra!!

I really like the sage - especially the JR Bridesmaids dresses. :thumbsup2

Thank you. I have been leaning towards the sage color, but it was tough to stick to it and make that decision. I kept debating between it and some other colors, but I'm going with my gut instinct. And the florist said lots of colors will go with the sage!

My mom and I attended a wedding show today in Orlando. It was at the Royal Plaza hotel near Downtown Disney! It was a ton of fun! Korri (at least I think that was her name) from DFTW did a presentation during lunch! They had a drawing for Disney honeymoon bags, but I didn't win one! =(

But today gave me inspiration to get moving on my wedding plans. I have been slacking. I'm sending in my deposit for Rev. Tim Herring this week. It was a tough choice, but I think DF likes him the best. We got to meet the DJ that my dad has been speaking with at the show today. He seems very nice and he ran the fashion show part and was pretty good. So, my dad is going to send a deposit on him also.

I'm still debating on a photographer. We are on a very tight budget as I have previously mentioned. My dad found a photographer who is just starting out. He is a great price. We are going to meet with him in 2 weeks or so to take some engagement shots to see if we like him. I fell in love with the pictures he has already sent me, but he said we can get together and take some shots and if I like them and book him we can keep the engagement shots. If not, not a big deal. I will let you all know how that goes! Our other choice is a family friend of Ryan's. She has been taking their family photos for years. Not quite sure on her as of now though...

I had my hair and make up done at the show by Valencia (spa on wheels) or something like that. She was very nice and I was impressed. Does anyone know anything about her?

Well, that is all for now! =) Have a great week everyone!

wow you got a lot fo good stuff done! Rev Tim seems really great, I have only heard good things about him!

Saving on photos is always awesome! Make sure you keep us posted, and
put up some of your e-shots too :)

I remember reading a thread on here about the spa on wheels and a few girls all said that they liked the trial but the day of it was a totally differnet stylist and that the makeup trial was done with a MAC kit, and the day of with a MaryKay kit (not that marykay is bad in any way, but when you try one set of colors and they bring totally new ones it can be a different result) I'll try to find it to send it to you...

so exciting that its all coming together for you guys :cool1:

oh im so silly, i didnt realise your name was Stacey too!!! im soooo silly!! I dont know how i missed that!! im so dumb!

yay!! your name is Stacey! like me!!

2 Stacey's are having Disney weddings!!!

I just wanted to say Hi and Congratulations!! I wasn't a Disney bride but I did honeymoon there and I love reading through wedding PJ's. The gazebo area at the Shades of Green looks beautiful, I can't wait to see wedding pictures :goodvibes
As far as Disneyland, I say go for it!! I went there after I had already been to WDW but I still had a wonderful time. I think it would be awesome to spend your honeymoon there and then take your little girl when she gets older. It will give you two very special memories at the same place.
Lastly, I love your bridesmaid dress style. And I think the peridot/sage color is beautiful. I wore it in a friends wedding and it was very complimenting to all our skin tones (we ranged from me=ghost white to MOH=looks tan all year round). I think it is a great color choice, especially for an outdoor summer wedding.
Can't wait to read more updates!!

I just wanted to say Hi and Congratulations!! I wasn't a Disney bride but I did honeymoon there and I love reading through wedding PJ's. The gazebo area at the Shades of Green looks beautiful, I can't wait to see wedding pictures :goodvibes
As far as Disneyland, I say go for it!! I went there after I had already been to WDW but I still had a wonderful time. I think it would be awesome to spend your honeymoon there and then take your little girl when she gets older. It will give you two very special memories at the same place.
Lastly, I love your bridesmaid dress style. And I think the peridot/sage color is beautiful. I wore it in a friends wedding and it was very complimenting to all our skin tones (we ranged from me=ghost white to MOH=looks tan all year round). I think it is a great color choice, especially for an outdoor summer wedding.
Can't wait to read more updates!!

Thank you! We are leaning towards Disneyland, but are still looking at a few other options! Thanks for joining my PJ, I hope you stick around!

Great PJ soo far!

I just want to say congrats! Can't wait to read all of your SOG details.

Addison is tooo freakin cute! :)

Alright, back to the planning! I have been pretty busy lately, and finally have a chance to update. I went to see Celine Dion in concert on Wednesday night. She has been one of my favorites for like 17 years now! I said that the other day to my mom, and it made me feel really old!!!

So, I didn't post the whole wedding party earlier. The ones that were posted earlier are the same but here are the others.

Best Man: Ron, Ryan's brother
Groomsman: Chris, my brother
Ring Bearer/Page Boy: one of my two cousins from England (I need to discuss this with my Aunt first)

I booked Rev. Tim Herring for our officiant. He seemed very nice over the phone, and I think he will do a great job.

My dad booked our DJ. I think it is the Mark Burgess productions (anyone heard anything about them)?? My dad ended up getting a military discount with them. He was at the wedding show I went to on Sunday and he seemed very nice and professional.

I also tasted some cake at the wedding show, and found the most delicious cake I have ever had! It was the amaretto flavored cake from a place called "Cupcake Crazy" Here is what I would like my cake to be, as of now! Instead of pink, I would have it in a sage color like the bridesmaid dresses

1Pink_Hydrangea.jpg

Well, I will add more later. I'm meeting with the photographer on Feb. 8 to get some engagement shots done!! I'm excited, but not sure what we should wear...

Great PJ soo far!

I just want to say congrats! Can't wait to read all of your SOG details.

Addison is tooo freakin cute! :)

Thanks! I just realized you posted! We posted at the exact same time, so I must of missed it! Your big day is getting close!! I'm so excited for you! Have you done a PJ at all? If not, you should start one!!!

mmmm Ameretto is my favourite drink - i drink it all the time- well before xmas i was drinking it a lot, and now i have had to stop drinking it because of me being on a diet (but i have been so so bad tonight, i have eaten about 4 or 5 creme eggs!)... but yeah... mmmm ameretto cake..

was it ameretto sponge flavour and ameretto filling flavour ..?

oooh i definately want ameretto flavour in my wedding cake... i wouldnt want anyone to share it- well i know for a fact no one in my family likes it- Wayne likes it a little, so its just me- so i can eat all the cake!! mwhaha!

Well done you for getting Rev Tim booked and well done to your dad for getting the DJ booked - you should contact him with a list of songs you want played and a list of songs if you dont want certain songs to be played (if it was me, i would tell the DJ NOT to play Cha Cha slide or the Macarena song..ect!)

OOOh Celine Dion is good, no one can not like her- im pretty sure most people have sung along with her songs at some point in their life!

princess22 I'm meeting with the photographer on Feb. 8 to get some engagement shots done!! I'm excited, but not sure what we should wear...

I just realized that is my wedding date next year! Hopefully it brings you good luck, I will be thinking of you on sunday!

You should just wear clothes that you are comfortable in, you dont want your e-pics to look stiff and not like you... MegKate has a great e-pic of her and her DF in football jerseys and it is so cute b/c it looks like they are really comfortable and in love. I'm sure you could even bring a chnge of clothes too to switch it u midway through too:cool1:

mmmm Ameretto is my favourite drink - i drink it all the time- well before xmas i was drinking it a lot, and now i have had to stop drinking it because of me being on a diet (but i have been so so bad tonight, i have eaten about 4 or 5 creme eggs!)... but yeah... mmmm ameretto cake..

was it ameretto sponge flavour and ameretto filling flavour ..?

oooh i definately want ameretto flavour in my wedding cake... i wouldnt want anyone to share it- well i know for a fact no one in my family likes it- Wayne likes it a little, so its just me- so i can eat all the cake!! mwhaha!

Well done you for getting Rev Tim booked and well done to your dad for getting the DJ booked - you should contact him with a list of songs you want played and a list of songs if you dont want certain songs to be played (if it was me, i would tell the DJ NOT to play Cha Cha slide or the Macarena song..ect!)

OOOh Celine Dion is good, no one can not like her- im pretty sure most people have sung along with her songs at some point in their life!

The cake itself was ameretto flavoring. It wasn't very strong though, because my mom was surprised I like it! I love creme eggs!! I think they came out early this year, I saw them in wal mart a couple weeks ago and had to get one for me and my mom!!! I miss being in England to get all of the great chocolate. American chocolate just isn't the same!

I just realized that is my wedding date next year! Hopefully it brings you good luck, I will be thinking of you on sunday!

You should just wear clothes that you are comfortable in, you dont want your e-pics to look stiff and not like you... MegKate has a great e-pic of her and her DF in football jerseys and it is so cute b/c it looks like they are really comfortable and in love. I'm sure you could even bring a chnge of clothes too to switch it u midway through too:cool1:

Bringing a change of clothes is a good idea. I didn't think about that! Thanks for the tip! February 8 is a great date! I'll be thinking of you while getting my e-shots!!!!

i understant what you mean with american chocolate - when i went out there in 2007 i was all excited to go and buy some hersheys and other chocolate - and i was disspointed!

All easter eggs were starting to be put on supermarket shelves just after xmas!!

Creme eggs are so yummy. So so yummy!!!

mmm ameretto cake.. i definately have to have that!

Oh my gosh, one of the big cadbury chocolate eggs with buttons or something sounds so good! We can buy them in certain stores here, but they are a little pricey. Even a white chocolate one sounds good (I love milky bars!) I might have to send you some money and have you bring me some when you come over next month!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter