Stacey and Ryan SOG 8/1/09 Updated 3/27 Hawaii Day 2

Congratulations:cheer2: Have enjoyed your wedding report. Wishing you a long and happy life together.:love:
Judi
Thank you! Glad you enjoyed it.

WOW that sounds like a wonderful wedding...I spent all day reading this instead of working...opps! Can't wait to hear about the honeymoon!

I'm so excited that you came to read my report! It's like having a celebrity here. I read your PJ and TR and loved every moment of it! I hope to start the honeymoon soon. I have been crazy busy but want to start it soon! Thanks for reading!:goodvibes

all caught up, now to read the cruise tr...

The cruise TR is an easier read! :goodvibes

Your pics are beautiful!!!!!

Thank you very much! :)

:goodvibesSo, some exciting news, I was excited anyway!!! Disney sent us a Honeymoon tote bag, lanyards with a Mickey/Minnie pin and a David Tuttera wedding book for winning Carly's blog! I thought that was super nice of them and I was so excited when I opened the box!!! Thanks Carly

That is so cool that you won. I have a question what was the cost for the banquet room and did Shades of Green supply the seat covers? My parents went down to Orlando this weekend and they did not like the look of the Italian restaurant and now are wanting me to look into the banquet room which may through me over budget. I am freaking out a little since it was smooth sailing for me for over a year now. Now we are 5 months till the wedding and they want me to make changes. I am glad I have not mailed out the invitations yet.

What are you going to do with the table flower arrangements that you made? I am wondering if you still have them if I could pay for them or rent them from you. You could leave them at Shades of Green and I could pay you through Paypal or hey I could meet you in person at Shades of Green when I am down there in June. Let me know what you think???:chat:

congrats on winning! that is so cool!

Thank you:goodvibes

What are you going to do with the table flower arrangements that you made? I am wondering if you still have them if I could pay for them or rent them from you. You could leave them at Shades of Green and I could pay you through Paypal or hey I could meet you in person at Shades of Green when I am down there in June. Let me know what you think???:chat:

We have them up on Craig's List for sale. I think we have all of the flowers (bouquets, boutenierres (no clue how to spell that) table arrangements, and cocktail hour arrangements up for $700, or best offer. They are very high quality silk flowers. I will ask my parents about renting them. They have them stored at their house and I'm not sure if they want to keep them around til June. If so, how much are you thinking about paying to rent?

Honeymoon Day 1- Off to Hawaii!

So, after about an hour of sleep we got up and headed off to the airport. My MOH’s mother dropped us off at the airport and we were off on our honeymoon adventure. I was very worried about leaving Addison, I knew she would be in good hands with my parents but I was worried more for me! I missed her a ton, but it was bearable…

Here we are at the airport waiting for the airplane. We actually look excited!

day1-1.jpg

After flying to Dallas and changing planes and then flying to Oahu, we were a little warn out (remember, we are working on one hour sleep) Here we are on the airplane, almost to Oahu. ( I think Ryan is eating a starburst and that is what is in his teeth, attractive, I know)

day1-2.jpg

I finally spot land! We’re almost there!

day1-3.jpg

day1-4.jpg

Now, our original plans were to rent a car for a day or two and just take a taxi from the airport. Well, Ryan starts second guessing that decision and after talking to his dad when we landed, we decided to rent a car for the whole stay. We got lucky and were misquoted and got a good deal!! We rented a Sebring (not a convertible).

I don’t know why I found this sign at the rental place so amusing, but it made me giggle

day1-5.jpg

We get the car and are ready to go. Doesn’t Ryan look thrilled to be here??

day1-6.jpg

Look how well my hair held up! Great job Patricia! Thinking of hair, it didn’t dawn on me that all the bobby pins would make me beep through security at the airport so I had to go aside and get a body scan thing. They let me keep them in though, I was kind of surprised!

day1-7.jpg

We finally make it on the road! Now, I must say I am an awesome navigator! On the other hand, Ryan isn’t so good at driving and listening to my directions. This is one place we do not make a good team! Lots of frustrating moments of “I told you it was this way” and well, you know how guys can be…

day1-8.jpg

There are a lot of Japanese tourists in Hawaii (understandable, it just never crossed my mind before we went). Anyway, we saw a few of them in cars like these, I think they are cute!

day1-9.jpg

We stayed at a timeshare thanks to Ryan’s parents for letting us use it! The one in Waikiki Beach is amazing! I loved it. The room was gorgeous, the location was perfect! We were right on the Beach Walk and had tons of restaurants and shopping near by and the beach was a 5 minute walk.

Here are some pictures of the room! It is a preview for you Sara!!!!

day1-11.jpg

day1-12.jpg

day1-14.jpg

day1-15.jpg

Day1-13.jpg

The view from the room… Not right on the beach, but close enough for us!

day1-18.jpg

You can also see the hotel pool from our balcony

day1-17.jpg

Sara, hopefully you get the same side of the building because I think there is a hotel (maybe Trump tower) on the other side and I’m not sure if the views are as great! So, I’m crossing my fingers for you!

After unpacking, we decided to eat. We went to a place called Yard House. It’s like an Ale House… It was good, I think we were both too tired though. We headed back to the hotel and called it a night!!

Yay Stacey! You started your Hawaii review! Thanks for all the room pictures, I'm even more excited now! :goodvibes

Hopefully we'll get a good view, I know my mom called and they noted that we would be on our honeymoon and they seemed excited and implied to her they would make it special for us so maybe that will mean a nice view. ;) Either way, I'm so excited about the room itself and the location looks great.

I love the airport pics, you guys look pretty good for only getting an hour of sleep. Lol, at the bobby pins, that is so something I would do. On our trip to San Diego I bought a new pair of shorts and thought they would be a great thing to wear on the plane...only they had metal grommets on the side so they had to take me aside and use that metal detecting wand thing. :rotfl:

Looking forward to hearing more!

Yay Stacey! You started your Hawaii review! Thanks for all the room pictures, I'm even more excited now! :goodvibes

Hopefully we'll get a good view, I know my mom called and they noted that we would be on our honeymoon and they seemed excited and implied to her they would make it special for us so maybe that will mean a nice view. ;) Either way, I'm so excited about the room itself and the location looks great.

I love the airport pics, you guys look pretty good for only getting an hour of sleep. Lol, at the bobby pins, that is so something I would do. On our trip to San Diego I bought a new pair of shorts and thought they would be a great thing to wear on the plane...only they had metal grommets on the side so they had to take me aside and use that metal detecting wand thing. :rotfl:

Looking forward to hearing more!

I'm so excited for your honeymoon!!! You are going to love the place in Oahu! I'm dying to go back and think about it pretty much every day!

Yay :cool1: you started Hawaii!

Your room looks great! Can't wait to hear more :goodvibes

I'm planning on getting to it this week!! (I say that all the time)

hmm I know I read all of your report, but I don't seam to have posted! Well I was one of the people who voted for you, so you know I loved the wedding! I wanted to say that I really loved Ryan's mom's dress! I love how you did things out of order to better use your time with Randy :thumbsup2

Can't wait to see more of Hawaii!!!

So excited to read about your honeymoon, its like reliving mine to Hawaii all over again :goodvibes Your view from your room is about what ours was too and at least you could see some of the water; its better than just facing the street. Can't wait for more!

hmm I know I read all of your report, but I don't seam to have posted! Well I was one of the people who voted for you, so you know I loved the wedding! I wanted to say that I really loved Ryan's mom's dress! I love how you did things out of order to better use your time with Randy :thumbsup2

Can't wait to see more of Hawaii!!!

Thanks!! I'm enjoying yours also!! You looked amazing on your wedding day!

So excited to read about your honeymoon, its like reliving mine to Hawaii all over again :goodvibes Your view from your room is about what ours was too and at least you could see some of the water; its better than just facing the street. Can't wait for more!

:) Hopefully I can get some done this week since I'm on spring break

Hawaii Day 2

Since we never made it to a grocery store to buy food, we went to Denny’s for breakfast. I love Denny’s pancakes!

day2-1-1.jpg

While eating, we decided we would head over to the Dole Plantation. I was so glad we decided to rent a car for the whole time because it was really being able to come and go. We went back to the hotel packed up got information on where to go and got our car and headed out. Now, Sara, take this as a warning! If you have gps on your phone or can bring one with you do it!!! It is so confusing driving around and it is hard getting anywhere from the timeshare! I’m so glad Ryan had GPS on his phone or we would have spent more time being lost than sightseeing!

I think it took about 45 minutes to an hour to get to the Dole Plantation.

day2-6-1.jpg

day2-2-1.jpg

day2-5-1.jpg

We went and got tickets for the train tour and Ryan was already hungry and wanted lunch. While we waited for our time he went to the snack bar and got a chili dog. They put pineapple on everything!

day2-11-1.jpg

I didn’t eat, I just got some pineapple juice! It was delicious!

Here are some other pictures I took while Ryan was eating.

day2-12-1.jpg

day2-13-1.jpg

After he finished eating, we went and got in line for the train. It’s not a real train, it’s fake, but it was an interesting tour and I recommend taking it! We didn’t make it on the first one and had to wait for another one to come.

Here we are waiting

day2-15-1.jpg

Here is the train

day2-17-1.jpg

Here are some pictures from our train ride

day2-14-1.jpg

day2-16-1.jpg

day2-18-1.jpg

2-20-1.jpg

2-21-1.jpg

day2-19-1.jpg

day2-7-1.jpg

After the train ride we slowly walked back to the snack bar to get a dole whip! Here are some pictures we took along the way

2-22-1.jpg

2-23-1.jpg

2-24-1.jpg

2-25-1.jpg

Day 2 Part 2

We finally made it to the snack bar, and had to decide what we wanted! Too many choices!

day2-10-1.jpg

The lady gave us one in a souvenir cup since we were on our honeymoon! I thought that was nice of her!

2-26.jpg

2-27-1.jpg

After enjoying our treat we went and walked around the gift shop and picked up some stuff for Addison and our parents. I found the signs for the bathrooms amusing! But I’m easily amused!

day2-8-1.jpg

day2-9-1.jpg

When we got back in the car we decided to try and find the snow cone place that Vanessa went to. Ryan googled it on his phone and put in the address to his GPS and we made our way to the North Shore. It was only about 10 minutes from the Dole Plantation so I’m glad we decided to do this in the same day! We got there and the line was HUGE!!! There was one next door with a shorter line, but I was persistent and had to go this one!

2-31-1.jpg

2-30-1.jpg

2-29-1.jpg

2-33.jpg

2-32.jpg

We waited at least 30 minutes. But it was worth it!!

2-34.jpg

2-35.jpg

Paying 25 cents for the plastic container, was worth it, or all of this would have been over my legs and feet

2-36-1.jpg

After we finished, we drove around and found a beach to stop at. There was barely anyone at the beach and it was so peaceful. We also saw a turtle in the water! He was huge!

2-39-1.jpg

2-38.jpg

We headed back to our room and showered and dressed for dinner. We went to PF Changs this night and it was delicious as always! We then walked down the beach and had a moonlit walk hand in hand! How romantic!

PF Changs (we sat outside because it was gorgeous weather!) There is a guy in the background wearing a bib that says I’m hungry, and we actually saw him more than once (I think we ran in to him at Denny’s also).

2-40-1.jpg

At the beach

2-41-1.jpg

2-42-1.jpg

We went back to our room and discussed what we should do the next day. We decided to head over to the Polynesian Cultural Center so we used the laptop to book our tickets online to save a couple dollars! And then it was off to bed!

Up next: Polynesian Cultural Center!!!

Mmmm... I loved the Dole Plantation when we were there. The pineapple is so fresh and delicious!

Sounds like a fantastic 2nd day of your honeymoon. Can't wait to hear more :goodvibes

Yay! Sounds like you had a great 2nd day! I think you must be a mind-reader because DF and I were just discussing last week getting a GPS for Hawaii. We don't have one yet and to pay for it for the rental car would cost us the same as buying one anyway.

Oooh Dole Whips. I think I'm sold, I have recently discovered my love of dole whips. What a line! That reminds me of the dole whip line at MK. DF really likes snow cones though so we'll have to try them and thanks for the tip on the plastic holder. I'd probably try to skip it but then be miserable and sticky!

Look forward to hearing more!

When we got back in the car we decided to try and find the snow cone place that Vanessa went to. Ryan googled it on his phone and put in the address to his GPS and we made our way to the North Shore. It was only about 10 minutes from the Dole Plantation so I’m glad we decided to do this in the same day! We got there and the line was HUGE!!! There was one next door with a shorter line, but I was persistent and had to go this one!

2-31-1.jpg

2-30-1.jpg

2-33.jpg

2-32.jpg

We waited at least 30 minutes. But it was worth it!!

2-34.jpg

2-35.jpg

Up next: Polynesian Cultural Center!!!

I'm glad you liked the shaved ice, a bride from another board had told us to make sure that we went to this particular place and she was so right, it is absolutely delicious!

I really liked seeing your shots at the Dole Plantation, when we got on the train there was a torrential downpour, so they had to have the flaps down and we missed seeing a lot of things. Did you do the gardens or any of the other things while you were there?

I am so excited reading through your report, its like reliving memories from our honeymoon down to the dole whips and breakfast at Denny's, lol :dance3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter