Stalking Wins Again

jlovesee

DIS Veteran
So I have been trying to get all one resort reservation for a 2 bedroom for Marathon Weekend since the 7 month window opened up (which was pretty stupid admittedly, learning experience right?), I was able to get CCV for Friday-Tuesday, and then SSR for Wednesday night, stalked and stalked for Thursday night, and then finally got a win with the Fourth of July Suprise availability, and was able to get OKW for both Wednesday and Thursday. I had previously waitlisted CCV and Boulder Ridge for Wednesday and Thursday. This evening, I went ahead and checked (as I have still been stalking), and found Boulder Ridge had availability for Wed, Thur and Friday, yet my waitlist didn't fill yet! In fact, the waitlist was still sitting as active on the waitlist page. I went ahead and changed it myself, but it confirms for me the importance of stalking especially for hard to get times.

So lesson learned again.. STALK STALK STALK and don't trust waitlist.

BTW anyone looking for Friday, I didn't book the Friday since I already had it at CCV, but if you need it as of right now its still available.

Jennifer

I have definitive proof stalking is the way to go. I had a waitlist for one night for one bedroom at Jambo house. Couldn't be any simpler. Nothing came through and I noticed that exact same room available and I just booked it. Why wouldn't the algorithm pick that up? Now I have to call to have them link it to my other nights. Seems that they could save resources if they fixed their waitlist system.

Update: the member services rep said the waitlist was working but it was still going through waitlist requests for that day when I scooped it up. Apparently there are lots of requests and they take time to compute. So this shows why stalking works- you can get it before it gets processed via the waitlist.

Last edited:
Stalking the RAT is definitely the way to go. I've been trying to piece together a 10 day Christmas trip (ambitious, I know) and so far have been able to piece together AKL studio savanna view Christmas day-28th, SSR preferred studio 28th-30th and PVB standard view studio 1st-4th. I currently have a cash reservation at Poly for the 30th-31st and have PVB waitlisted, but I'll keep stalking to see if something opens up. Happy stalking!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter