STAR WARS: GALACTIC STARCRUISER Official Information & Questions Thread

Hello,

Answer about current luggage transfers from other DVC resorts to Star Cruiser.

I just checked in to Old Key West resort and asked about luggage transfers for tomorrow for my Star Cruiser trip. They are not doing luggage transfers. Instead you can get a taxi at the resort and they will voucher it on your arrival at the star cruiser. They are also doing 12pm check out for people going there. The same type of policy would be in place for luggage after disembarking star cruiser where they will voucher the taxi. At least that is the current plan I was told at the resort although I'm sure there will be procedural differences the next few weeks.

May The Force Be With You

Really interesting report, thank you for sharing your experience.

Would love to hear from others who encounter similar situations in your travels as it'd be great to see how consistent Disney is with things like offering a late check-out and vouchers... or if things change.

Enjoy your voyage!

Blog Mickey is reporting that D3-O9, the logistics droid that appears on a screen in your room will only be available for a limited test period. I saw some clips in someone's Instagram stories and thought it made the rooms really unique. I hope they end up keeping it for all the voyages!

For people who have booked, did you go with Disney's travel insurance? Or book it on your own?

I work in insurance - different product but point is im very comfortable with risk assessment - ultimately decided that for the $170 for all four of us on a $6000 trip it was worth it due to the cancellation and modification policy specific to GS. Usually - for example for cruise line - I would recommend an external carrier/policy. But I was on the phone with them and it just made sense for me personally not to have to deal with an external quote. It is NOT like Dcl - you could lose half your cost for even making changes at 90 days out…

to each his own, but the cost/benefit made sense for us

Those of you who are traveling with your children, do they know or is it a surprise? My kids don't know and I am back and forth with telling them. They have been woken up many times at dawn and shuttled to the airport for surprise trips before. If I do tell them ahead of time I'd like to have some kind of special reveal. Or send them an invitation with Halcyon boarding passes. Something like that.
For us - it’s a surprise! We haven’t figured out when or how we will tell my littles. Frankly as DVC and APs my kids go ALL THE TIME to WDW so surprise trips aren’t as exciting as they were 5 years ago - but I do hope this will be a HUGE surprise

ATTN Media or Beta testers: So my husband booked the photo session for night one at 8pm. We have the early dinner. Will we miss anything by doing this?

I’m the mom who takes all the photos so Thai is the only way I’ll get to be in cool photos and they do mens a lot to me.

Also should we dress up more for dinner the first night more the second?

My son is now in college so we can’t really surprise him. To make sure he would want to do this we surprised him as part of his Christmas gifts. The kid only asked for a vacuum! Lol! It was a fun reveal.

If he was younger I might give clues during our stay and have his costumes as a surprise when he wakes up.

I did that once for a Halloween party. We teased him all week he was going to be one of the 7-dwarves. And then he woke up to the coolest pirate costume ever and was thrilled!

Also should we dress up more for dinner the first night more the second?
Based on the schedule in my data pad, night 1 reads as a “reception” with “dinner service” - night 2 is “tasting around the galaxy” which sounds less formal to me….but would love confirmation from early travelers!

Just read a great review focusing on Starcruiser and kids, and finally got through to get a quote for our family of 5. Given the exchange rate right now (we’re in Canada) we’re putting a pause on this … for now. We see this as a once in a lifetime experience and thus really want our youngest to be able to fully participate in everything.

I can’t wait to read real trip reports and hope everyone has an absolute blast! Can’t wait to see all the pics!!!

Our cruise begins on Friday, May 6, so by my count, our 60 day window opens on March 7. We already have our dinner reservations for both nights, but I'm not sure how any of the other activities work.

My questions:
  1. From what I'm seeing on this thread, it appears as though an onboard itinerary is put together for you by the Star Cruiser team for things like lightsaber training, sabbac lessons, bridge training, etc. Is that correct - they schedule these things, and you don't have to?
  2. I also see you have to call to schedule things like Savi's, Oga's, and Build-a-Droid. Do you have to schedule departure to Batuu also, or do they have "shuttles" running every 10-15 minutes and you just get on one?
  3. What is the story with Smuggler's Run and Rise of the Resistance? Can you, and/or do you have to, schedule a time to ride them, or do they give special dispensation to Star Cruiser guests? Like a one time "Go-to-the-head-of-the-line" pass for each guest.

Bottom line - on March 7th when my 60 day window opens, who do I need to call and what do I need to do to ensure we get the most out of our experience?

Edited to add - I have the Datapad on the Play Disney App, but obviously there's nothing on there yet. I'm not sure if I need to schedule any activities through that on the 7th or not.

Thank you so much, and may the Force be with you!

Our cruise begins on Friday, May 6, so by my count, our 60 day window opens on March 7. We already have our dinner reservations for both nights, but I'm not sure how any of the other activities work.

My questions:
  1. From what I'm seeing on this thread, it appears as though an onboard itinerary is put together for you by the Star Cruiser team for things like lightsaber training, sabbac lessons, bridge training, etc. Is that correct - they schedule these things, and you don't have to?
  2. I also see you have to call to schedule things like Savi's, Oga's, and Build-a-Droid. Do you have to schedule departure to Batuu also, or do they have "shuttles" running every 10-15 minutes and you just get on one?
  3. What is the story with Smuggler's Run and Rise of the Resistance? Can you, and/or do you have to, schedule a time to ride them, or do they give special dispensation to Star Cruiser guests? Like a one time "Go-to-the-head-of-the-line" pass for each guest.

Bottom line - on March 7th when my 60 day window opens, who do I need to call and what do I need to do to ensure we get the most out of our experience?

Edited to add - I have the Datapad on the Play Disney App, but obviously there's nothing on there yet. I'm not sure if I need to schedule any activities through that on the 7th or not.

Thank you so much, and may the Force be with you!

1. Yes.
2. Call the Starcruiser line to book Oga, Savi’s, and droid. There are special slots for “Batuu excursion.” We have a departure shuttle time scheduled for us and I guess we will find out if that is changeable or not. Shuttles run back from Batuu until 4.
3. We have LL passes for Rise and MFSR in our My Plans on MDE for the excursion day. No times assigned to them.

1. Yes.
2. Call the Starcruiser line to book Oga, Savi’s, and droid. There are special slots for “Batuu excursion.” We have a departure shuttle time scheduled for us and I guess we will find out if that is changeable or not. Shuttles run back from Batuu until 4.
3. We have LL passes for Rise and MFSR in our My Plans on MDE for the excursion day. No times assigned to them.
Thank you! That takes a load off my mind. :)

Just read a great review focusing on Starcruiser and kids, and finally got through to get a quote for our family of 5. Given the exchange rate right now (we’re in Canada) we’re putting a pause on this … for now. We see this as a once in a lifetime experience and thus really want our youngest to be able to fully participate in everything.

I can’t wait to read real trip reports and hope everyone has an absolute blast! Can’t wait to see all the pics!!!

My kids are 10 and 12. Just curious... where did you read the review? I'd like to check it out.

Last edited:
I imagine this is going to be a little bit like living in the Adventurers Club. There is stuff going on in ALL the rooms simultaneously. You can't be in every room. Yes you are going to miss stuff. There will be stuff you see that a lot of others don't, and vice versa. I plan to go with the flow. Definitely won't skip dinner because I think something better might be going on in another room, but anyone on the "ship" can go where they want.

My kids are 10 and 12. Just curious... where did you read the review? I'd like to check it out.
Brooke McDonald on Instagram. There is a link in her stories to the full article. She has a general one and one geared towards families with kids that answers a lot of logistical questions as welll. 10 and 12 would be ideal ages from what I gather! Ours are 12-9-6 and the 6 year old would not be able to do lightsaber training nor stay up late enough for some of the “action” - our recent trip to DL my DH took him back to our room after dinner and my older boys and I closed down the parks. Lol

EDIT to include info on link to actual article, didn’t want it to seem like it was just an instagram post.

For those asking, if you want to schedule things in Batuu, Droid Depot, Oga’s or the light saber making, call GS and tell them what you want. They have slots saved specifically for guests of the Halcyon so that it will fit in your itinerary. When your itinerary shows up in the play app (about 30 days ahead) it will look like this.

Attachments

• E444C0B4-C2C0-4D1C-AEBB-66C5DDF9E6BC.png
    E444C0B4-C2C0-4D1C-AEBB-66C5DDF9E6BC.png
    107.6 KB · Views: 64
For those asking, if you want to schedule things in Batuu, Droid Depot, Oga’s or the light saber making, call GS and tell them what you want. They have slots saved specifically for guests of the Halcyon so that it will fit in your itinerary. When your itinerary shows up in the play app (about 30 days ahead) it will look like this.
Call and tell them when the 60 day window opens, right? Or any time?

Brooke McDonald on Instagram. There is a link in her stories to the full article. She has a general one and one geared towards families with kids that answers a lot of logistical questions as welll.

I thought the article was great and provided a great deal of information with no spoilers. After reading it and others I am so glad that we have had the opportunity to visit Batuu on previous trips. I couldn't imagine a first time visit as part of a GS voyage, having lunch, building a lightsaber & droid, riding 2 rides, going to Oga's and completing mission components before the last transport.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter