STAR WARS: GALACTIC STARCRUISER Official Information & Questions Thread

I don’t get all this TA love. I guess if you absolutely can not make time then I get it. But honestly they are going to book themselves first, friends and “vips” second and regular folks last if theres space.
I called myself today and got my 2nd choice date. So many of the TAs could only get some of their clients rooms.
I’ve never had a good experience with a TA when I was forced to use one. I’m sure they’re good people. But the incentive structure is built to get you on their list and then respond when they have time.
I’m glad I ended trying myself despite all the recommendations of using a TA
Hmm. I’m sorry to hear you had this experience. That wasn’t mine, but like any profession, I’m sure it varies depending on the person/company.

I don’t get all this TA love. I guess if you absolutely can not make time then I get it. But honestly they are going to book themselves first, friends and “vips” second and regular folks last if theres space.
I called myself today and got my 2nd choice date. So many of the TAs could only get some of their clients rooms.
I’ve never had a good experience with a TA when I was forced to use one. I’m sure they’re good people. But the incentive structure is built to get you on their list and then respond when they have time.
I’m glad I ended trying myself despite all the recommendations of using a TA
If you weren’t lucky enough to get through today and you have a job so you can’t check multiple times every day of the week for the next couple months a TA can be pretty darn useful in this instance.

If you weren’t lucky enough to get through today and you have a job so you can’t check multiple times every day of the week for the next couple months a TA can be pretty darn useful in this instance.
Edit. Decided to delete since this is off topic. Let’s focus on the excitement of the Galactic Starcruiser.

Hoping and praying they add another 10-20 voyages this fall.
I don’t see that happening. Disney is intentionally ending this at the end of their fiscal year. They have accelerated their depreciation schedule to reflect this.

Chapek can be blamed for 2023 fiscal year failures, and Iger presumably wants 2024 to look like Disney is rebounding.

Any profit Disney might make from keeping the Starcruiser open a few months will be more than offset by the hit profits would take if depreciation was extended another quarter.

Don’t shoot the messenger! I was just surprised to see it and wanted to pass it along in case someone is still trying to get a spot.
I appreciate you sharing this. I'm assuming that if one sees it in the middle of the night they could try to call first thing in the morning. Good to know that it may pop back on the page when availability opens.

As others have noted, I so wish this could be booked online.

What I've been wondering is why Disney never allowed online bookings? Why didn't they set it up to allow people to book online from the start? I swear, half the reason we didn't go sooner was that I didn't want to deal with calling to book.
When we called to book in December, the spiel on the phone was extensive. Explaining what you’re signing up for. Explaining how the app works. Explaining the excursion to Batuu. My sense was they really wanted to verbally make sure you knew what you were getting into since it was a such a different experience. Booking online woud let a lot of that stuff slip the rough the cracks.

When we called to book in December, the spiel on the phone was extensive. Explaining what you’re signing up for. Explaining how the app works. Explaining the excursion to Batuu. My sense was they really wanted to verbally make sure you knew what you were getting into since it was a such a different experience. Booking online woud let a lot of that stuff slip the rough the cracks.
I agree. I was annoyed at the beginning that it only allowed phone bookings. But then I realized how difficult the concept was to explain and that most people don’t read.

If anyone is planning to cancel could you give us a heads up? Maybe we can coordinate a drop or your TA can transfer the reservation? (If you used a TA). We’re desperately trying to pick up a cancellation for late July through mid Aug!

I’ve been calling, but no luck yet.

If anyone is planning to cancel could you give us a heads up? Maybe we can coordinate a drop or your TA can transfer the reservation? (If you used a TA). We’re desperately trying to pick up a cancellation for late July through mid Aug!

I’ve been calling, but no luck yet.
Depending on your party size, the other option is to find somebody already booked who is willing to share a room & split the cost. Before they announced that SWGS was closing, we booked a reservation with a family we sometimes take WDW trips with. DW and I did SWGS last year, but they have not. We're thrilled to be able to do it one more time & save a little $ by splitting the cost. It will be cozy with 5 of us in a room, but with all the activities, you really aren't in the room very much.

Good luck, and may the force be with you. :)

Depending on your party size, the other option is to find somebody already booked who is willing to share a room & split the cost. Before they announced that SWGS was closing, we booked a reservation with a family we sometimes take WDW trips with. DW and I did SWGS last year, but they have not. We're thrilled to be able to do it one more time & save a little $ by splitting the cost. It will be cozy with 5 of us in a room, but with all the activities, you really aren't in the room very much.

Good luck, and may the force be with you. :)

I had four adults and a baby in my room during our voyage in Feb, so definitely don’t mind sharing! But we’re a group of 3, so I think it’ll be harder to find an open room.

I know it’s going to be a longshot to pick up a cancellation, but holding out hope!

Reactions: EmJ
I got a second confirmation of reservation from last week booking. It advised linking to my Disney experience, which I did successfully.
Was told should get a phone call to finalize trip this week when I booked. Did anyone get called today ?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter