• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Dining - Oga’s + All Quick Service Food and Drinks

Has anyone mentioned shipping the beer flight home? If not:

We went to Oga’s on Sunday. Bought the beer flight and after we paid we were given a new one in a sealed, unmarked box. I asked if we could ship it or send it to our resort and the CM said not from Oga’s, but try from another store. We went to In Character and they said they can’t ship it home but they can ship it to the resort and then the resort can. She did have difficulty and had to call someone because the box doesn’t have a scu number. The next day we picked it up from the resort gift shop and asked to ship it and she said she can’t because it’s alcohol. I thought she was confused so I said it’s a beer flight but there’s no alcohol presently, it’s just cups and a holder, and she said no. She did find a bigger box to put it in and had us go to the front desk, who did make us a UPS shipping label and took it from there. $35 to Pennsylvania, and she said it could take 3 weeks 😬

Just in case anyone wants to ship theirs, or make room in their luggage.

Sure! My preschooler who has a reservation will not be ordering a drink either. I do recommend tipping the bartender extra though. I would also suggest explaining your friend’s dietary restrictions and seeing if they have something safe. It is Disney and they are pretty good about accommodating folks.

Thank you! She's actually had stomach bypass surgery, so she's really limited, she drinks water most of the time.

We went to Oga’s on Sunday. Bought the beer flight and after we paid we were given a new one in a sealed, unmarked box. I asked if we could ship it or send it to our resort and the CM said not from Oga’s, but try from another store. We went to In Character and they said they can’t ship it home but they can ship it to the resort and then the resort can. She did have difficulty and had to call someone because the box doesn’t have a scu number. The next day we picked it up from the resort gift shop and asked to ship it and she said she can’t because it’s alcohol. I thought she was confused so I said it’s a beer flight but there’s no alcohol presently, it’s just cups and a holder, and she said no. She did find a bigger box to put it in and had us go to the front desk, who did make us a UPS shipping label and took it from there. $35 to Pennsylvania, and she said it could take 3 weeks 😬

OUCH!!!................ :crazy2:

Wow now that beer flight just cost $120..................wow, that is crazy, I just ended up having it sent to our resort then tucked it up in our suitcase padded with plenty of clothes and made it back with out a dent.....

OUCH!!!................ :crazy2:

Wow now that beer flight just cost $120..................wow, that is crazy, I just ended up having it sent to our resort then tucked it up in our suitcase padded with plenty of clothes and made it back with out a dent.....
Lol I packed too much in the first place to fit it in my luggage! We also shipped 2 droids and a lightsaber home (plus 2 frames and some little things) and all that only cost $38! So shipping the flight itself was pretty expensive.

For future guests who want to ship, don't use the words beer flight. Say it's a set of mini mugs. As long as it never held any liquid they can ship it

I had bought a Nautilus at Trader Sam's earlier in the week, so I didn't go for the beer flight this trip. Space and cost-wise it seemed best to stop. I did still get the Porg and the Yub Nub mugs, though.

For future guests who want to ship, don't use the words beer flight. Say it's a set of mini mugs. As long as it never held any liquid they can ship it
But it never did...it's a sealed, unused, brand new set. The CMs all seem to know this unmarked box is the beer flight. They have to input it a certain way because there's no bar code on it. I would just make space in the luggage next time!

But it never did...it's a sealed, unused, brand new set. The CMs all seem to know this unmarked box is the beer flight. They have to input it a certain way because there's no bar code on it. I would just make space in the luggage next time!
I know it never did. I got one. But seems the CM don't. They have told me they can't ship liquid, or even a container that ever held liquid even if it's now empty

Just posting an update now that we (husband and I) finally got to experience these places in person!

Docking Bay 7:
Food quality was very good (shaak roast and fried tip yip). I’m the person who earlier in the thread was asking why the shaak roast was marked as not dairy safe - after a bit of back and forth with the CM and chef (they just kept showing me the standard allergy menu which doesn’t have details), I was able to look at the ingredient list, and it turns out the dairy is in the sauce/gravy, and it’s butter. Since I’m just lactose intolerant I was able to eat that small amount of butter, but folks with dairy allergies beware.

Also chiming in about “spiciness” of the fried tip yip: both I and my husband agree that the actual chicken and coating were not spicy, but the green sauce it comes with is very spicy. Shaak was not spicy whatsoever.

Ogas:
Husband got a beer, I didn’t order anything which was no problem. It’s just as cramped as everyone says... you can’t really walk around, but you can basically see most of the room from one spot anyway. We enjoyed seeing it briefly, but don’t need to go back. If you can’t get a reservation, I wouldn’t stress too much about missing out.

Can you order the breakfast drinks (the coffees and teas) at Oga's even after the breakfast hours have passed? We have a 10:05 am reservation and I think technically breakfast is over at 10, but I still would love to be able to order a coffee drink. Does anyone know if this is still an option later in the morning?

Our experience with food at Galaxy's Edge from our recent trip:

My whole group had the Bright Sun's Morning for breakfast. I usually dislike Disney breakfasts unless they are at sit downs, but I really enjoyed this one. The breakfast menu is not large. I also tried the Moof Juice which was ok, but nothing special.

We also did one trip to Oga's. My boyfriend got the non-alcoholic Carbon Freeze. It was powerade and tasted like it, but the fog effect is cool.

I got the Yub Nub so that I could get the mug. I thought the drink was pretty good.

They seem to pack people tighter into Batuu East's Oga's then West's. At West's we were stood at a table with 8 of us, and East's they packed 10 of us in there. When the greeter led us to our table, there was absolutely no space. He had to ask the other people to squeeze over. Basically there was not even room enough for everyone to stand head on facing the table, some people had to be sideways.

We also skipped the blue/green milk. It's all just personal preference, but we had one sip at Batuu West and think it is pretty gross.

I wish they would add some small snack carts to this area.

This makes me sad- no more Shaak roast, Tip Yip, or Kaadu ribs. Were the names that hard for people to figure out? The descriptions were printed under them. I want to eat on Baatu, not at my local diner! Sorry- rant over.:(

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/d...-bay-7-food-and-cargo/menus/lunch-and-dinner/

Well, I suspect that since WDW has a large number of international visitors, the original names were just too confusing. As of now, the names haven't changed at Disneyland.

We are going the week before Easter, so I know it will be crowded. ROTR will be open on top of that. I am thinking if they ever use boarding groups, it will be times like this (I'm sure Xmas and new year's too).

I have two questions:

1. I have booked a couple reservations for our party at Oga's but mainly just as a precaution for boarding groups. I'm hopeful they will let guests with Oga's, Savi's or droid building reservations in regardless of boarding group status. Does anyone have any insight into this? I believe DL uses this policy.

2. Do you have any get anything once inside Oga's? Not to say that we won't but if the lines are long for the two rides, I'd rather use the reservation to get into the land and then head for the rides. I'm just curious if you can go in and look around and then head out.

If we arrive and see they aren't using boarding groups for the days prior to our reservations, we will most likely cancel them.

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter