Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Opening Day *August 29* Planning Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering I’m a night owl for working overnight. This just incentives me to get everyone moving as early as possible to take advantage of EEMH during our trip in October

We go in 30 days, so I have time to study wait times too. But man, I think I just changed my plan to go right to TSL instead of the Falcon.

I don’t have that luxury due to how DAS works I will have to fight the crowd to get a return time for Rise or Smugglers time. Unless they set up a kiosk like DL but I’m not hopeful about that.

Friend really likes SW so I’m hoping for his sake it’s not crazy by our trip. Because if it is I don’t know what we’ll do.

Sounds like the VQ has been grayed out on the app? Does that mean they aren’t accepting anyone in the land the rest of the day?

Be interesting to hear how reservations go later on. Probably CM scans your magic band?

Just looking at that is causing my anxiety to spike. Kudos to those braving that crowd.

At DL’s opening it looked like that but nobody was pushing or shoving. You weee close to people but everyone was well behaved so sometimes it’s not as bad as it looks!

Only about 4 to 5 rows of cars, no way in hell. People reporting are idiots. The front of the park is full however.

We had the exact same at DL’s opening even with reservations. Made those people look silly when it was reported the park was empty after a few hours. We had people saying the park was closed even for those with reservations at 7am. The first reservation wasn’t until 8am!

Sounds like the VQ has been grayed out on the app? Does that mean they aren’t accepting anyone in the land the rest of the day?

Be interesting to hear how reservations go later on. Probably CM scans your magic band?

I think it's because it's technically open yet

The app says the land is open, so i assume it’s grayed our because it isn’t needed yet.

Does anyone know if outside the gates they are separating guests who are there for Galaxys Edge entry? Or does everyone have to enter in the same lines? Want to take the kids to RNR and ToT this morning.

It’s my understanding the vq won’t open until the land is at capacity, but not sure on that.

I don’t have that luxury due to how DAS works I will have to fight the crowd to get a return time for Rise or Smugglers time. Unless they set up a kiosk like DL but I’m not hopeful about that.

Friend really likes SW so I’m hoping for his sake it’s not crazy by our trip. Because if it is I don’t know what we’ll do.
I already informed my family (several times!) we may not get to ride the Falcon. I really just want to be in the land, and we luckily have reservations for Oga’s, Savi’s, and DD so I’m sure we’ll get in. If we can’t do Falcon this time, we’ll ride it next year. Hopefully there’s FastPasses by then!

I already informed my family (several times!) we may not get to ride the Falcon. I really just want to be in the land, and we luckily have reservations for Oga’s, Savi’s, and DD so I’m sure we’ll get in. If we can’t do Falcon this time, we’ll ride it next year. Hopefully there’s FastPasses by then!
You can always try the singles line.

You can always try the singles line.
There’s 6 of us, including a 5 and 7 year old. My husband and I are taking an adult only trip next year, so we’ll wait as long as needed then! I also think crowds will be lower in 1 month than today.

Regarding Boarding Groups - for fun, I just joined a boarding group scheduled for “morning” for my party...from my bed in Pennsylvania. Confirmation that you do not need to be scanned and in the park. I obviously just cancelled it.

Wait times for any ride besides Falcon have disappeared from my app, though.

Regarding Boarding Groups - for fun, I just joined a boarding group scheduled for “morning” for my party...from my bed in Pennsylvania. Confirmation that you do not need to be scanned and in the park. I obviously just cancelled it.

Wait times for any ride besides Falcon have disappeared from my app, though.
they will have to fix that

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter