Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Opening Day *August 29* Planning Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not there today, but at least from this outsider's view, it seems like things are progressing as planned so far. Smuggler's Run has already dropped from a 5 hour wait to a 4 hour wait. On opening day that doesn't sound completely insane.

If you didn't care about Star Wars though, right now sounds like it's the best time to do literally anything else with some of those low wait times.

So since I'm not traveling to Batuu until December 10th all I'm doing is reading these updates while listening to the Galaxy's Edge suite over and over again. I hope everyone there is having a great time and that waits are less than projected!

I'm sorry if this has already been covered - but, for future reference, can anyone tell me how to access the sign-up for the VQ on the MDE app? I just looked in the app and couldn't find it (looked in the FP+ section?). I would love to know how this works and have my ducks in a row prior to our next visit.

Hope everyone is enjoying themselves today!!

I'm sorry if this has already been covered - but, for future reference, can anyone tell me how to access the sign-up for the VQ on the MDE app? I just looked in the app and couldn't find it (looked in the FP+ section?). I would love to know how this works and have my ducks in a row prior to our next visit.

Make sure the app is up to date, it should pop up on the opening page

Guess I will post. Woke up at 3:30, on bus at pier Orleans Riverside at 4:25. Was in park and at galaxy edge entrance about 5. Been in line for smugglers in since. Just got in main building at 3h30min wait. Not sure remaining wait. Get different answers from every cm we ask.

It's right on the main "home" page when I open the app, just below the park map. Might want to make sure you have the most up to date app version as it was part of a recent update.

I got there around 4:30. I wasn't trying to ride or see anything other than the crowds, but I was surprised to not even be able to roam the land. When I got there they just started letting everyone through the tunnel, but then we got held right before you make the left turn at the bathrooms. I bailed because I just wanted to ride other rides with no wait, but I waited about 15 minutes just to see if I could exit into TSL. Anyone know how long the 2nd wave was held and why?

Anyway, I walked onto Slinky 3 times in a row and then did Aliens and TSMM before heading to ToT. On what I told myself was the last ride on ToT I lost my cell phone. So a memorable day I'll never forget. If you can this weekend, it's worth getting up just to do the rest of the park.

I'm not there today, but at least from this outsider's view, it seems like things are progressing as planned so far. Smuggler's Run has already dropped from a 5 hour wait to a 4 hour wait. On opening day that doesn't sound completely insane.

If you didn't care about Star Wars though, right now sounds like it's the best time to do literally anything else with some of those low wait times.

So since I'm not traveling to Batuu until December 10th all I'm doing is reading these updates while listening to the Galaxy's Edge suite over and over again. I hope everyone there is having a great time and that waits are less than projected!

It seems like they may have overcrowded the land a bit to start but now have it back under control a bit and things seem pretty smooth all things considered

Guess I will post. Woke up at 3:30, on bus at pier Orleans Riverside at 4:25. Was in park and at galaxy edge entrance about 5. Been in line for smugglers in since. Just got in main building at 3h30min wait. Not sure remaining wait. Get different answers from every cm we ask.
Once in the building, you are pretty close. You don’t do much winding inside. You go upstairs, then a quick loop above the Falcon, then the preshow.

What I was most surprised about is how few cars were in the parking lot compared to what the crowd for the land was like when I got in. That tells me that it's very few locals coming to see opening day vs LOTS of resort guests. I think this might be the new normal, which is just a crazy contrast to DL.

We got boarding group 89 at 7:45 am. We woke up at normal time and headed over there from the boardwalk when we found out they were still giving out boarding times. They are at group 42 now so seems to be going fast.

Got the alert that we can head in 10 minutes ago. We are group 42. Currently in Launch Bay Cargo but getting ready to head over.

What I was most surprised about is how few cars were in the parking lot compared to what the crowd for the land was like when I got in. That tells me that it's very few locals coming to see opening day vs LOTS of resort guests. I think this might be the new normal, which is just a crazy contrast to DL.
Possibly because the 3hrs of emh are for resort guests only? Probably scared everyone else away...with good reason. If you didn't stay onsite would it be possible to get into the land today?

20190829_062643.jpg

Picture is horrible but does anyone know why they are placing cameras everywhere? I took this earlier but they are still there

Possibly because the 3hrs of emh are for resort guests only? Probably scared everyone else away...with good reason. If you didn't stay onsite would it be possible to get into the land today?
There were no EMH today. Its regular hours

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter