Star Wars Half Marathon Weekend 2021 (April 15-18, 2021) - Now Virtual Only

Question about the bibs...

My fiancee and I signed up for all the races/challenges last August and kept all of them when they went virtual.

I went through the process of downloading all of our bibs and the "virtual toolkits" yesterday, but when she went to print everything out, we noticed that the bib for the 10k and the formerly in-person half marathon are the same. My question is - is that as intended? There's no separate bib for the 10k if you signed up for the Rival Run Challenge?

That’s how it was for princess too. If you do a “challenge” then you get a challenge bib, not individual bibs for each race.

Question about the bibs...

My fiancee and I signed up for all the races/challenges last August and kept all of them when they went virtual.

I went through the process of downloading all of our bibs and the "virtual toolkits" yesterday, but when she went to print everything out, we noticed that the bib for the 10k and the formerly in-person half marathon are the same. My question is - is that as intended? There's no separate bib for the 10k if you signed up for the Rival Run Challenge?

By the way, we ran the virtual half on March 12 (my 54th birthday). We finished in 2 hours, 13 minutes, and 48 seconds for an average pace of 10:13 per mile. Not bad for a couple who didn't run at all prior to March 2020!

That is how it is when you do the Challenges in person - same bib for both races to ensure that you actually completed both of the races involved in the challenge. They just digitized what is always done in person.

Nice work!! I'm just waiting for some slightly warmer weather here in Northern Illinois. I think I'm going to attempt to jog it, but I'll definitely have to split mine into two segments. This winter was way too cold to train outdoors and treadmill training just doesn't cut it for me. It's just too boring to do the distances.
Well, that didn't go as planned. Broke my baby toe on the left foot last week. Haven't had any trouble walking on it, so I decided to walk the original Virtual Half today. Made it half way and let's just say I would have been swept. I apparently was really favoring my left foot and was completely sore and in pain by the 6th mile. I'm hoping I can at least walk an entire 13.1 on "race day" in April. :crutches:

So the official end to the original Virtual Half was March 31st, at least for time reporting purposes, has anyone who signed up for just that race noticed any shipping indicators for medals i.e. Fed Ex or UPS account activity?

I'm going to preface my comment with I hope this is NOT what Disney is thinking but would not surprise me if it is. Since the execs don't participate in the races they don't experience the simple joy of one's first 5K, 10K, half or full marathon. They don't understand the joy of receiving it and showing it off to friends and family.

Virtual Race perhaps now equals virtual medal, But full price of course Wall Street thanks you for your contribution. (Burbank hey if we send them a high quality pic that they can post on instagram and facebook, pinterest because that's all they are interested in we'll save millions in production and shipping costs...) but the only people they remotely associate with who visit parks are social media 'influencers' most of whom are phony as a 3 dollar bill.

I really hope they dont send them in those huge, wasteful boxes.
If past trends from previous years always planned to be virtual races hold such as the summer series or the previous Star Wars virtual half marathon races, they'll send the virtual only medals in a very small box that holds the medal(s) and maybe a small gift if they choose to send one.

I think runDisney tried to create "event' boxes for the previous virtual races this year as a way to try and make it a little bit more exciting for the recipients since the live races could not take place.

If past trends from previous years always planned to be virtual races hold such as the summer series or the previous Star Wars virtual half marathon races, they'll send the virtual only medals in a very small box that holds the medal(s) and maybe a small gift if they choose to send one.

I think runDisney tried to create "event' boxes for the previous virtual races this year as a way to try and make it a little bit more exciting for the recipients since the live races could not take place.

Understand. However, a little marketing research would have been productive.

Ran my half a week early yesterday so I could be fully recovered for our trip next week ahhhhhh!! A much worse half than my virtual W&D pace. I use a Nathan running pack and a seam busted 1:10 in. I had to stop, figure out what was wrong, then empty my whole pack of water (my back was already soaked at that point). I finished my run without water and didn't get to take my gel since I would have had no water to wash it down with. Overall, I still love Disney for making me train. I still have a 2021 goal of running a sub 1:50 half. Don't know what the next half I'll get to train for will be. For now, going to enjoy some much needed recovery and sprint interval training cause I am not about long runs in this Southern heat haha!

Grateful for my health, two legs that are sore but functional, and getting to enjoy some beautiful weather with interesting podcasts for 2 hours. Good luck to all running this week and next!

Did my virtual RR half this past weekend! I've got dose #2 of the COVID vax this week, and if that hits anything like dose #1 did, there's no way I could run 13.1 a couple days later, so I decided to do it a week early. I had fun looking out for good spots for pics I could later... enhance. :rotfl2: Who needs PhotoPass when you've got PhotoShop*?

(*Actually, I used PicCollage because I was tired and lazy. But that doesn't sound as fun, does it?!)

RIP Star Wars WDW races. I do hope they bring them back in some way, but worst case, expect to see me in various SW themed outfits for the other races. #DarkSide4ever

We have one extra Rival Run Half Marathon medal coming - long story short, we registered for the Half Marathon-only through runDisney and then I committed to doing the Rival Run challenge through a charitable partner, so that means there's an extra Half Marathon medal coming our way eventually. If anyone is looking for a registration, please direct message me. First come first served who will commit to making a charitable contribution to Give Kids The World. We'll mail the medal to you once it arrives!

I'm hoping to do the challenge portion of Kessel Run Rival Run Challenge this weekend. I'll count the Princess Virtual Half as my Star Wars virtual half and for bonus purposes, I did run Princess in a Mandalorian armor themed tech shirt with a shoulder plush Grogu/baby Yoda/The Child. For Princess, I posted a lot of old runDisney race photos along the course. I have something a little bit different in mind for Star Wars.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter