Star Wars Hotel Price - Disney has officially lost their minds

A little back of the envelope math. If there are 68 rooms (i read that somewhere but no idea if accurate) and each "experience" is 2 nights, then there are 12,410 available experiences per year if every room is occupied. I'm sure they don't expect to be at 100% capacity at all times, even just regular room maintenance would bring that number down a bit. So, can Disney find approximately 12,000 families each year who are willing to pay that price? I think the answer is yes.

Are they even going to finish it? After 9/11 they abandoned the other half of pop century until they turned it into art of animation. After the lockdown its going to be a long time before people are going to want to or be able to spend so much for 2 nights at a hotel.

The building itself is a lot further along in construction than Pop Legendary Years was. I think the physical building will be finished. However, if market forces don't support the cost of a totally immersive hotel experience, they have several options. They'll either
1) Lower the price
2) Set it up like a regular hotel, at least temporarily, without the immersive factor.
3) Let it sit, without furnishings and vacant, until it is deemed financially viable.
4) Open it in a more limited capacity, leaving part of the guest rooms unused, cut down a bit on paid roaming characters and open it in phases as needed.

I think numbers 1 or 4 are the most likely scenarios.

But do you get to leave and go to the parks or is it just expensive prolonged LARPing? 🤔

I spent my 20s going to LARPs. Unless you’re willing to role play, I don’t see this being a great a experience. You can’t go from zero role playing to this hotel and expect to have a great experience. It takes time to learn how to get into character.

The building itself is a lot further along in construction than Pop Legendary Years was. I think the physical building will be finished. However, if market forces don't support the cost of a totally immersive hotel experience, they have several options. They'll either
1) Lower the price
2) Set it up like a regular hotel, at least temporarily, without the immersive factor.
3) Let it sit, without furnishings and vacant, until it is deemed financially viable.
4) Open it in a more limited capacity, leaving part of the guest rooms unused, cut down a bit on paid roaming characters and open it in phases as needed.

I think numbers 1 or 4 are the most likely scenarios.
I vote #3 like they did with the Legendary Years

I agree 3 people are not going to spend that sort of money plus it’s going to be expensive for Disney with the staff needed. Just seen a trip to pop century in August next year for £2509 for 14 nights would do that over 3000 for 2 nights

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter