Star Wars Weekends Questions

zendisney

<font color=deeppink>The Dis is like potato chips.
I am curious bout what to expect at Star Wars weekends.
I will be there opening weekend May 21-23.
I read on the Dis that you need to get fast passes to get autographs. Are the fast passes the same as when you go on rides only one fast pass at a time?
I did hear that you need to be there at rope drop so you can enjoy the Storm Troopers pre show.
What else?
I am excited. Big Star Wars fan.:banana:
Any advice/tips will be appreciated.
Carla

I am curious bout what to expect at Star Wars weekends.
I will be there opening weekend May 21-23.
I read on the Dis that you need to get fast passes to get autographs. Are the fast passes the same as when you go on rides only one fast pass at a time?
I did hear that you need to be there at rope drop so you can enjoy the Storm Troopers pre show.
What else?
I am excited. Big Star Wars fan.:banana:
Any advice/tips will be appreciated.
Carla

We've been the last 2 years and got autographs the first year. You will need a fastpass or else you'll be put into a holding area of a group of people with no fastpass and hope that maybe you'll have the chance to get an autograph. The holding area is not covered, and it's a long wait. Definitely better to get a fast pass. If you get there before rope drop, they'll have signs at the entrance for the celebs who are there that day and you pick which one you want an autograph from and get in that line. Then, when the park opens, the CM guides your line back to the fastpass area for celeb autographs. In 2008, the fastpass area was by the Indiana Jones show. I think you can only get 1 at a time; if you wanted a second one, you have to go back to the back of another celeb line, I'm not quite sure.

If you are into buying special merch, make sure you head back to the merch area early (next to Toy Story Mania). It frequently sells out quickly.

Don't miss Hyperspace Hoopla, the closing show in the evening! It's fun. The parade is always fun to watch too with everyone in Star Wars costumes.

I would also recommend getting a lunch ADR for a sit-down restaurant. DHS is very crowded during Star Wars weekends, and a longer TS lunch is nice to escape the crowds and get out of the heat.

Have a great time!!

Ok, here goes.....

As of last year anyway, the fast passes for autographs were given out to the far right of the ticket windows. And to get a guaranteed autograph fastpass (the 'guaranteed' ones have a time; then there are Standby passes), you'll have to not only get there before rope drop.. but before daybreak. Some of the Star Wars fanatics (myself somewhat included) get there at like 1 or 2 in the morning. And to boot, quite a few people hold the line for their late arriving friends/family (the one thing I HATE).

The Star Wars celebrities have 3 auto sessions each day (there are also celebrity hosts that have like 1 session a day). Anyway, fastpasses are given out for the 1st session, then 2nd, then 3rd session, then standbys. BUT, there is a great way to play this (i've done this a couple of times, and I LOVE it). Since I'm local, I don't really wanna be there all day, especially if I have to go to work later on (crazy... i know). But for example; if they run out of 1st session, and you're now about to be in 3rd session, you can just request a standby pass instead. Most of the signers will get through all the guaranteed people, then they start doing standbys. The good thing is that the standby tickets are numbered; and are called in that order. So you can easily get a Standby #1 (which I have done), and still get in the first autograph session. But carps is right about only getting 1 at a time, then getting at the end of the next line.

But the weekends are just great!!! You'll definitely have a good time.

See you in the morning????????? :rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter