Star Wars Weekends

mom_to_2

Mouseketeer
So we are probably going to wdw in june :banana: adn I think we will be there for the last Star Wars weeknd (tho I don't think they've officially announed dates). Assuming that the timing works out we HAVE to take our son to DHS for one of the Star Wars weekend days. Which one is best (least crowded) Friday, Saturday, or Sunday? Are there any tips you guys have for maximizing this experience for my DS??? He would be SO EXCITED to go!!!!!!!!!!! Any tips or strategies to make it easier would be GREATLY appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:love:

i would try and get him in the jedi training academy. Sometimes they chose some kids to be in the Star Wars parade that day. As far a which day any of them are going to be busy. I know i went last year on the last day and OMG was it busy. We got there an hour before the park open so we can get fastpasses to the celebrities and the lines were so long for those passes.

But like i said try for the jedi training academy.

Friday would probably be the best day to go; with Sunday being the 2nd best.

And as far as the celebrity autographs, you'll have to get there insanely early to line up for those Fastpasses (the faithful that are there every year even camp out overnight). And you have to have a FastPass; you can't just line up when the autograph session starts.

As far as the Jedi Training Academy, I think there's a place to sign-up as soon as the park opens (near the Sounds Dangerous area).

We've done the training academy before...DS LOVED it!!!!!!!!!!!! We will probably try to do it again. Who does autographs? I'm not sure that's anything he'd really be interested in at this point. I think he'd just really love seeing the storm troopers roaming around and seeing the characters in their star wars garb...

The celebrity guest list changes from year to year. But the Star Wars characters (costumed ones) have autograph lines like the normal Disney characters. Even the ones that just roam the park will sign autographs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter