• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Starcruiser Discount of 30%

Orl Sentinel ran a story that many trips are only getting booked at a 30% occupancy. The wait and bar staff tips have dropped dramatically.

This is the first meaningful price concession we've seen on Starcruiser, and from the math it's a discount but not a shocking one. Disney has mostly held the line on crazy pricing. If they start actual discounting, then maybe changes are afoot.

It's surprising to me it's as booked as it is with the bananas pricing (and the concept sounds like my personal hell LOL).

There's lots of big expensive things that make it with seasonal crazy pricing, like ski resorts. I just don't see not selling out as enough to show Starcruiser is failing. We are just so used to everything Disney being booked solid 24/7. I love Starcruiser for being innovative and trying something new. I think it's really cool to have experiences like this out there, so I hope it does succeed.

Just make it a Star Wars hotel already. Lose the itinerary and just have 2 or 3 great food establishments in a themed hotel for reasonable prices and people will flock.

This is the first meaningful price concession we've seen on Starcruiser, and from the math it's a discount but not a shocking one. Disney has mostly held the line on crazy pricing. If they start actual discounting, then maybe changes are afoot.

It's surprising to me it's as booked as it is with the bananas pricing (and the concept sounds like my personal hell LOL).

There's lots of big expensive things that make it with seasonal crazy pricing, like ski resorts. I just don't see not selling out as enough to show Starcruiser is failing. We are just so used to everything Disney being booked solid 24/7. I love Starcruiser for being innovative and trying something new. I think it's really cool to have experiences like this out there, so I hope it does succeed.

I wonder whether it would be better for the brand to quietly lower the price significantly, or to constantly be running discounts to try and drum up business. It's such a premium experience, I think they'd want to avoid the perception that it's on sale.

I think it's a start. But the initial cost was way too expensive and a 30% drop is still not enough.
Seriously, it looks like a fun 2 day event, but still too expensive. But getting closer.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter