Starwood Member Hoping for an Upgrade Question.

Bill From PA

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That
Based on advice from here, I signed up for Starwood before reserving our Dolphin room. We have no points, but I understand that others have manages to get better digs simply by asking nicely. Any advice on how to angle for a room with a view? We'll be arriving about 12:20 pm this coming Fri. Thanks for any advice offered.

Bill From PA

Call ahead and request an Epcot View if that is what you want. When you checkin - be sure you present your SPG card and ask if there are any possible upgrades available.

We did thisd last week and although we did not get upgraded to club level or concierge - we did get on of the newly renovated rooms with those great heavenly beds.

Bill no matter what room you get you are going to have a blast!

Here's another question--we have a standard view booked for 12/5-8 at the teacher rate. I got the Starwood card as well but also have zero points. Should I call then NOW and tell them I have the card to have a better shot at an upgrade? It would be cool to have a nicer view.
Robin M.
Poly 6/2000
BWV 6/2001
Poly 12/2001
BWV/Poly/VWL 7/2002
Swan 12/2002

You could call now to confirm your reservation and give your #, so that will all be taken care of. When you call, ask if you can request a _______ view. They may put that on your reservation or tell you that it's dependent on availability and you should request when you check in. Good luck!

The Swan has a separate check-in line for SPG, but I just can't recall if the Dolphin does also.

PS You might want to request a balcony, if that's important to you, but prioritize your requests.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter