State of Fast Pass Return (or replacement)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everything is just speculation and rumor at this point. Although I am also hoping for an option that gives on-site guests free fast passes, and makes off-site guests have to pay. Disney really needs to get back to offering incentives for staying on-site.

Regardless, I want FP back. We're not morning people. We like to sleep in, and are happy knowing that each day after lunch, we have some FPs to use.

I DON'T want them to move to Universal's model. I hate how expensive it is. We only do Universal every few years, but we're DVC, so we do Disney every year. I don't need that insane extra price every year.

Surly with all the other Disney parks doing this expensive fast pass system WDW is going to be no different

wdwmagic is reporting DLP is rolling out FP replacement
https://dlpreport.com/premier-access-standby-pass-what-how-much-and-why/
People who like the advance planning of FP+ won't like. People who learned how to maximize, exploit loopholes?, won't like it.
Nothing happens until you enter the park.

I just don't see this working at WDW. It's too big. DLP is small. (I did everything at both parks easily in one day.) So I could see how paying for one bonus ride each day can work there. But no way in WDW. Just the humble opinion of someone who's been going to WDW for 35 years.

I just don't see this working at WDW. It's too big. DLP is small. (I did everything at both parks easily in one day.) So I could see how paying for one bonus ride each day can work there. But no way in WDW. Just the humble opinion of someone who's been going to WDW for 35 years.

surly that will give something to on site guests

I don't think we're going to see an identical system, but one very similar with bundles included, perhaps a few perks for on site guests. We're 34 years in and I just can't wrap my head around all this.

https://dlpreport.com/premier-access-standby-pass-what-how-much-and-why/This is interesting. I wonder if the virtual queue element will also be used, much like a less stressful version of Rise virtual queue. Also at 8 euros, if it comes to WDW, gotta believe the price goes up.
8 euros for less busy days. Prices go up from there. And some still think it will be bundled here, so you'd be forced to buy for attractions you might not care about. And it would busy up those other lines for those without the pass.

You're about to exit 7DMT. Your kid begs. Mommy and Daddy can we ride again. Your app flashes. Click here for immediate ride again. $$. Voice recognition. Location tracking. Target marketing. No limit to what you'll be spending.

I stood in the longest line I ever had because of that. I'm not sure I wouldn't have happily shucked out a little cash to have avoided it. Which is exactly how they suck you in! lol

I used a Premier Pass in Shanghai for 1 ride because I was the only one in our party who wanted to ride Soarin'. Plus not having Soarin' in Paris made it something I would pay for.

Being an AP holder in Paris, I wouldnt. Then I will wait for a visit during the week in low season and just wait in line.

Stand-by Passes were just introduced right before the park closed for Covid. We have to see how that works out. In the first few days it didn't. People hung around the entrance waiting for their turn, causing crowds nonetheless.
We also saw that with the old FP, as DLP adhered the time on the ticket, you always had a dozen people or so standing near the entrance waiting for their time slot to begin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter