Stateroom refrigerators not cold

jporter

Earning My Ears
Just so you know, the refrigerators in the staterooms are warm
the first day you are on the ship and don't get cold until the
next morning. We put a soft sided cooler in our carry on to
use at the beach and it came in very handy in the room. We
asked our room steward for ice as soon as we got there and
were able to keep things cold right away. J.

We always bring some type of beverage onboard with us and put it in the "fridge" right away. Things are always cold by next morning and stay cold the whole trip. They are not true refrigerators as they do not have a compressor.

MJ

I agree with MJ. Any time we have brought drinks on board and put them in the cooler they were cool by later that evening or the next morning. Ice cold? No Definately cool however. I think they work well.

That was the point I was trying to make. The beverage
coolers are not cold until the next morning. My children
like cold drinks when they get thirsty, not the next morning.
J.

Originally posted by mmouse37
We always bring some type of beverage onboard with us and put it in the "fridge" right away. Things are always cold by next morning and stay cold the whole trip. They are not true refrigerators as they do not have a compressor.

MJ

The one is our room had a compressor! I could hear it cycling on & off throughout the week. Perhaps yours was broken? Ours was also quite cool. The one thing that could make it cool down slower is that it's over loaded. The only thing we put in ours was a bottle of wine and 3 small water bottles.

We like our drinks cold and our room cooler never even got cool. We had maintenance look at it and they said it was working. Each person is different as to what temp they like to drink their drinks. My Dh likes his beer at least cool but when he had to put it on ice after it had been in the cooler for more than 24 hours in the cooler he wasn't very happy. So for our cruise in a few weeks we have packed a cooler to take along. Maybe it was just our room and maybe we will get lucky this time and have one that works. But this time we are not taking any chances.
If you are someone that likes your drinks cold or even cool don't count on the coolers on the ship to even cool your dinks to your liking. Pack a cooler.

We had friends in a connecting room next door and their cooler was perfect.

Good Luck

I find that the room fridges definitely run hot and cold, so to speak. Some are almost as good as actual refrigerators, others not so much. The consistent thing about them seems to be that if what you put in there is cold to begin with, then it will remain cold. If you put warms drinks in there, they will get cold eventually, sometimes even as cold as you'd like them to be, but it may take a while. We always go with the soft-sided cooler and use it to get things cold, then transfer to the fridge.

We've been lucky--in 3 different staterooms, we always had a good cooler--put drinks in warm, and they were cold enough to my taste (and I like cold drinks) within the same time frame as a regular fridge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter