• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Staying at DD resort, can we go to campfire?

Partridge4ever

DIS Veteran
DH has an unexpected business trip to Orlando. We're staying at the Best Western in Downtown Disney. We won't have park passes, so we wanted to take advantage of some of the things we never seem to find time for. Will we be allowed at the campfire/movie? Do they check for resort ID? I'm not one for rule breaking and I'd be mortified if we were turned away. I'd rather know in advance and plan something else. Thanks!
Leah

Yes, you can go to the campfire program at FW. Just take the bus to FW and an internal bus to the Meadows, then walk the path.

I'm not really sure if that's encouraged- being you wouldn't be a resort guest.... however, I didn't see any signs or anything saying you couldn't when I was there and no, they did not ask for ID at all.

(editing to say- I'm not sure if it's against the rules or not- maybe call WDW guest relations and ask? They might have a problem with saying "yes" to that because can you imagine if EVERYONE in Florida found out about this and decided to do this -and it's FREE? I'd hate for it to start becoming so crowded that the resort guests can't even enjoy it or for them to start charging for it or something. :( )

This came up months ago, and the people on this board didn't think it was permitted....HOWEVER.....I said it was permissible and have since verified it NUMEROUS times...
Feel free to enjoy the entire resort, except the pool)

As the others have said there is nothing that will stop you from going. It is a nice evening but not really a big deal to us. We have stayed many nights in FW and have only gone to the campfire 2 - 3 times. It is the same show every time the only thing that changes is the movie. But if you have never checked out FW I would say go and do it. There is a lot to see and do.

We stayed at the Best Western at DTD a couple of weeks ago really liked it. They have done a lot of work on it the past year or so.

The campfire is always on my "to-do" list but somehow we always seem to spend every waking moment in the parks or else it rains the night we'd planned to go. This is only the 2nd time in 9 visits that we've stayed in a DD resort instead of on property. I can understand people not wanting the campfire opened up to the masses. We actually will probably end up doing Disney Quest instead because it looks like it's going to rain Tuesday night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter