Staying in a villa - registering names?

dlf

Earning My Ears
Hi,

We have booked a villa privately and have been told we have to register our names with a villa agent when we arrive in Orlando - this has been obligatory since 1 September. Does anyone know if this is correct?

I'm not sure if the agent just wants us to visit the company as they sell villas/attraction tickets.

If anyone has recently returned from Florida after staying in a villa they booked independently, I would like to know if they were also told about this rule.

Thanks

10 days to go!!

Debbie

This will differ from owner to owner depending on their management companies policy.
same as some will ask for a breakage deposit, some won't.
Theres no law as such.
In our case ALL guests have to sign in and collect our keys from our managers office, others will send you the keys or have a lock box on the villa with keys in.

Hi Debbie
We have experience both ways - first time the people just handed us the keys a week before our holiday, the second time the owners sent us a code for the electronic security system and the last time we collected keys from an agent.

It could be that it is obligatory since Sept 1st with the managing agent that your villa is hired through.

I am sure it is quite normal procedure - and if it should be a ploy to get you to buy tickets - just be firm and say NO THANKYOU ;)

Maybe you'll get some more opinions later on - but in the meantime I hope this helps

:D Have a fab time :wave:

Chapter 509 of Florida Law specifically states that all guests should be checked in. Names of guests should be completed on the booking form. Part of the reason is in case of fire.

The booking form, if taken by the owner, should be faxed to the MC prior to the guests arriving.

We signed in at the management company when picking up the keys last October. It took about 5 minutes and there was no pressure for anything. No worries!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter