• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Staying off property in Hilton Head

Annielkd22222

Mouseketeer
I tried to get a reservation at Hilton Head and couldn't. Is there any way to use their beach if I book off property?

I tried to get a reservation at Hilton Head and couldn't. Is there any way to use their beach if I book off property?

When we stayed there, we received a parking pass. There is a guard shack to get back to the beach, and the beach house requires a KTTW card to go inside.

You won't have access to the Disney beach house, but if you stay in Palmetto Dunes (renting a condo or house, for example), you can access the beach near the Disney beach house. We rented a VRBO townhouse in Palmetto Dunes once and were not too far from the Disney beach house, however the stretch of beach near our rental was nicer because it was not as crowded. There is no public parking in that area that I'm aware of, you have to have a pass to get into Palmetto Dunes. I don't recall anything special about the beach next to the Disney beach house that would warrant going to that exact spot unless you are staying at the Disney resort and can park there and use the beach house, which you will not be able to do without a vehicle pass and KTTW card.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

The beach where the Disney Beach House is located is a public access area. Parking is available for non-DVC guests - providing you have an access pass to get thru the security gate. Disney also provides public bathrooms and even an "outside" window to the snack bar at the Beach House.

If you are staying close enough to walk or bike, you can easily use the beach near the Beach House but will not have access to the Beach House itself since a room key is required for that access. All of the HH beaches are public beaches - only the direct access to the beach will have limitations.

There is another public access area just north (about 1/4 mile) of the Disney beach House and it also has public restrooms and even a beachside restaurant (Dunes House) - but a Palmetto Dunes parking pass would still be required to get thru the security gate.

HH has 12 miles of beach - so wherever you are staying on the island, you will have access to the beach. There is nothing remarkable about the beach in front of the Disney Beach House, so don't make that a priority. You could still make a visit to the resort itself and walk around if you have not seen the DVC resort.

Enjoy!

Captains Walk are great condos right next to DVC, but beach is no different anywhere on the island. No reason to seek out the "Disney" beach.

I think you tried for Easter. There might be some Easter options via RCI--I can tell you which places we like on HHI, if you PM me if you get some RCI options. There is no way to access DVC HHI without the key--and the beach is public, as others have said. It is the beach house with shade and oceanfront pool that is really cool. One option might be to pay cash for 1 night either on the front or back of your trip and then you would have access to DVC HHI amenities for both the check-in and out days all day long--we stayed offsite one summer and booked DVC HHI for 1 night just to use facilities-didn't even sleep there--and you know what happened---add-on at HHI! good luck. Elaine

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter