Staying off-site for our first time and...

B3LM

Disney Fan
...wondering if anyone has any good tips for us.

We're headed to the Comfort Inn-LBV in 10 days. We'll have our own car and have annual passes. We've never been to WDW at Easter time, so we're not sure what to expect this time with the crowds. Our last trip was in November and the crowds were very low.

We'll be going to the Contemporary for Mass on Easter morning and then have a PS at Chef MIckey's for brunch. From there, we plan to drive over to EPCOT and spend the rest of the day/evening there. (Having dinner at Garden Grill.)

The rest of the days, we're planning on leaving the parks (except AK) in the afternoon to go back to the hotel for a swim and nap. How long will it take to get to/from the parks with our own vehicle?
How long does it take to get to Downtown Disney from Comfort Inn-LBV?
Which theme park is Comfort Inn closest to?

Any other tips would be greatly appreciated!
TIA
Beth

I can't help you much except last year we left WDW to go to USF during Easter, the friday before. and I-4 was gridlock. It reminded mr of Chicago. Someone had posted once I think on the USF boards about a "back" way of getting to WDW. Good luck!

Thanks for the warning! I'll have to see if I can find out about a back way in.
Beth

The "back way" to USF is along Turkey Lake Road. You can access it via Palm Parkway. Turkey Lake Road runs horizontal to I-4 and you can exit for either SeaWorld or USF.

If the Comfort Inn is on Palm Parkway you will be closest to Epcot and Downtown Disney. MGM isn't too far either.

Easter week most of the discounts are either blacked out or are in very short supply.

I wish we could have found a great AP rate, but there's nothing offered because our trip is over Easter - peak time. The cheapest I could find was $103 at AsMu with a DC discount. We're saving quite a bit by staying off-site this time and we'll have a family suite - 1 queen bed, a set of bunk beds, and a junior bed. (We have 3 kids, 8, 5, and 2.) I just couldn't see paying over $100 for a small room with two double-beds.

If there's something out there that I'm missing, please let me know.
Thanks!
Beth

the only problem I forsee for you (besides the crowds) is traffic jams.. unpredictable but traffic last week when we were there was only bad on the weekends >I 4 was at a stand still but you wont be using I4 from lbv. I am not sure of the comfort inn location but the lbv area is very close to the entrance to WDW. the one that goes by DD I believe that is the north entrance>? they will be able to give you directions at your hotel. anyhow you just have to allow more time for traveling to and from the parks.

I hope you have a wunnerful vacation!!!!...pk

Beth, I thought you were already on your way! I hope this crazy weather will not effect your drive. Be carful and have a wonderful vacation. Angie:D

Beth, I thought you were already on your way! I hope this crazy weather will not effect your drive. Be careful and have a wonderful vacation. Angie:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter