Step Right Up and Watch Us Stack The Genie 🧞‍♂️ New TR started 9/25**

HI Caroline! All caught up! I've never done any AK tours...we had the Rhino tour booked for March 2020 but we all know how that went. We will have to try again one of these days.
Hi Kelly, 👋 I definitely recommend the 3 we have done! I loved the Rhino tour, I find it very interesting how Disney takes such great lengths to care for all the animals!
Your plans for August/September look great! I love the YC and I'm sure you were so happy to save some money!
Thank you! I am really glad I looked again because it is a substantial savings by going a few days later! I love YC and the Boardwalk area! We plan to check out Food&Wine at Epcot. It will be nice to walk over there.
I wish Disney would do away with the park reservations! I use to love walking into France and getting breakfast when staying on Crescent Lake!
Sounds like such a fun trip in August! Your ADRs look awesome, I'm very interested to hear what you think of Space 220 (and I'm impressed you got a reservation)! Flying does sound crazy right now, hopefully it will have settled down a bit by August.
I’m excited with our plans so far. I also added a Via Napoli for our first night!
I did Space 220 first and towards the end of the trip to snag it!
The flying right now yikes 😱 I hope it is better in late August!

We had the Savor the Savannah tour this afternoon. This was scheduled for 3:15pm.
I have heard so many good things about this tour!
We went on the trails around the Tree of Life. It is beautiful back here and still a little bit of a hidden gem! The carvings on the Tree of Life are amazing and always a fun activity. I think there is something different on this tree each time we walk around it.
One of my favourite things to do!
We headed over to the Boma area and had a wonderful light meal, including, red pepper hummus,curry chicken salad, tandoori shrimp, olive salads, an assortment of breads, cheeses, and fruits. It was very tasty. I loved the chicken curry, shrimp, and the different breads.
Very nice spread!
We also could have wine, beer, POG juice, and water. Andi and I had wine. We sat with a couple from Boston, they were also AP holders. They come down to Disney fairly often. It was nice visiting with them.
Lovely! Were you allowed to have one beverage each or could you have a second if you chose to?
This tour is laid back yet educational, and the food and drinks are amazing. I highly recommend this tour.
Awesome! I am thinking of adding it to my trip this summer! :)
This was a relaxing day and very enjoyable! I watched the fireworks again before bed, what a way to end each day!
Perfection!
We absolutely loved the Savor the Savanna tour when we did it! Although it rained most of our date and the other people scheduled for the tour all bailed so it was just me and Dan but I would definitely do it again! What a great day!

Do you think you'll ever do the Wild Africa Trek?
Oh my gosh, you got your own private tour! How cool is that!
Well 7 years later, we have only missed one August and that was in 2020 for you know what virus reasons. Just like Voldemort I won’t say it’s name, lol 😆

This year brings some changes as well, 😢 my sweet Andi has grown up and has adult obligation’s now 😩

She will not be coming on this trip! She will be starting her professional internship at The University of Wisconsin and has orientation during our trip dates!

I have to basically request my summer vacation a year ahead of time, just another stressful thing about being a nurse 👩‍⚕️ so I can’t change my dates!
So bittersweet! You miss the the child you had but it is wonderful to see them blossom into the people they are meant to be.
We are doing the Savor the Savannah tour in AK. I just reviewed it on here! Loved it so much and my sister loves anything Animals so it was a No brainer to do this again.
That's a great endorsement!
My card is saved in my profile and I have never had this problem before! This was tedious and slowed down my progress some!
I had the same issue and it drove me crazy!
We plan to do lounges, including getting into Trader Sam’s, this is a must this trip! Andi didn’t want to go in April, she didn’t like the smallness of the bar, she still prefers social distancing 😱😱
You will love Trader Sam's! At this point, I am over everything related to the great unpleasantness.
These are our plans at this time. I think I will be missing some of my Dis friends, bummer! If anyone reading this is going to be there at the same time, let me know.
So sad we miss each other by a day! But those saving were way too good to pass up!
We'll be at the same run of deluxe hours-MNSSHP-deluxe hours!

How are your piggy backing skills these days? My girls really *want* to be able to hang late for that many nights in a row, but I'm worried about how exhausted they'll be by Wednesday. Now, if we had an extra adult just in case... :rotfl:
What are your dates? I am just missing Caroline by a day as I am down August 21-28.

Your plans are coming along nicely. I wonder how big an adjustment it will be for you to slow down and not dart and bob! :laughing:

Catching up!!

Love your WL images.....it is such a beautiful resort, and your AK pictures are stunning.

That picture of Andi very young at MK is adorable......yes, it is sad when things change and they can`t come any more, but glad to see your sister is visiting with you and your plans sound amazing with some lovely hotels in there!

I hope we can maybe say hello this time.....we`re there all of September so we can try to match up this time.......

Great report as always 😍

have heard so many good things about this tour!
It is a good one, I’m excited to do it again!
One of my favourite things to do!
I love the trails and I know my sister will love checking out these areas
Very nice spread!
It really was and delicious. Tusker House chefs prepare the food for this tour
Lovely! Were you allowed to have one beverage each or could you have a second if you chose to?
You could have unlimited drinks, lol 😂 we each had 2 glasses of wine and some POG juice
Awesome! I am thinking of adding it to my trip this summer!
I think you would really love this tour, I hope it works out to do it!
So bittersweet! You miss the the child you had but it is wonderful to see them blossom into the people they are meant to be.
This is very true Susan, you said it perfectly!
That's a great endorsement!
It really is. I had no hesitation to book this again!
I had the same issue and it drove me crazy!
It was so frustrating!
You will love Trader Sam's! At this point, I am over everything related to the great unpleasantness.
I’m very excited for Trader SAMs, it is a priority this upcoming trip!
So sad we miss each other by a day! But those saving were way too good to pass up!
I know, I really wanted to spend time with you! Especially with my sister it would have been fun to have some light bites and drinks at one of the lounges!
Your plans are coming along nicely. I wonder how big an adjustment it will be for you to slow down and not dart and bob!
Thank you, it will be interesting! I will need to adjust, however, the April trip was a little slower for Andi and I! Once at the parks, Andi does dart and bob a lot :rotfl:

Love your WL images.....it is such a beautiful resort, and your AK pictures are stunning.
Thank you Carole, I could have snapped pictures all day at WL and AK!
That picture of Andi very young at MK is adorable......yes, it is sad when things change and they can`t come any more, but glad to see your sister is visiting with you and your plans sound amazing with some lovely hotels in there!
I love looking at all our pictures from past trips. Andi has changed so much over the years. The pictures are really priceless! I will really miss Andi in August. I’m really happy Donna wanted to come along, she is getting excited!
hope we can maybe say hello this time.....we`re there all of September so we can try to match up this time.....
I sure hope we can meet up to say hello 👋 We definitely are going to go to Strong Waters after reading all your awesome reviews of the place!
I’m happy you and Tom get to spend the month at USO again, I know how much you like your long trips. It sounds wonderful!

Sounds like some great plans for your August trip! I have to cater my touring style differently too depending on if I am with my Mom and sister or with Dan! lol I kind of like it though because I get to do Disney different ways and as long as I am in Disney I dont really care what I'm doing as long as I am there!! :lovestruc

If anyone reading this is going to be there at the same time, let me know.
We (myself, my husband, and my daughter (9))will be at the Beach Club from 8/29 until 9/5 and are also doing MNSSHP on 8/30! We would normally do a few more days but we will taking out first Disney Cruise on the Wish right before. I tried to switch to the Yacht Club for the Disney Visa savings but was too late! I never even saw an email on it.

We are doing fewer dining reservations although they seemed much easier to get this year without free dining. We are doing Cinderella's Royal Table (at my husband instance), Yachtsman, Steakhouse 71, and breakfast at Topolinos. And yeah, why did I have to enter my card info every time? I thought I was doing something wrong and my profile wasn't set up right.

And coming from Portland, OR (home of Voodoo Donuts and Salt & Straw) it always amuses me to see people going there in Orlando. Although Salt & Straw is still very popular with the locals Voodoo has become a much more tourist thing than a local thing now. But the Voodoo Donuts in Orlando is much more impressive than any of the local versions.

Loving the plans you’ve made for your august trip. I know you’ll miss Andi but it will be wonderful to spend all that time with your sister and you’ll be doing some great tours together. It all sounds amazing!

Sounds like some great plans for your August trip! I have to cater my touring style differently too depending on if I am with my Mom and sister or with Dan! lol I kind of like it though because I get to do Disney different ways and as long as I am in Disney I dont really care what I'm doing as long as I am there!! :lovestruc
I agree, it is fun to take it slower and enjoy all the little things! Sometimes Andi and I go go like we are on a mission and we miss out on the atmosphere!
I’m getting happy to spend time in the parks but really excited to spend time in the lounges!

We (myself, my husband, and my daughter (9))will be at the Beach Club from 8/29 until 9/5 and are also doing MNSSHP on 8/30! We would normally do a few more days but we will taking out first Disney Cruise on the Wish right before. I tried to switch to the Yacht Club for the Disney Visa savings but was too late! I never even saw an email on it.
Wow, almost the exact same dates! I found the visa offer on the visa site when I was looking at my rewards. It was a really big savings and I am glad I found it!
I hope you enjoy the cruise, sounds wonderful
Maybe we will run into each other at Storm along Bay or the Halloween party!
Are you all dressing up? I think we will just do Halloween type tank tops since it will be so hot 🥵
We are doing fewer dining reservations although they seemed much easier to get this year without free dining. We are doing Cinderella's Royal Table (at my husband instance), Yachtsman, Steakhouse 71, and breakfast at Topolinos. And yeah, why did I have to enter my card info every time? I thought I was doing something wrong and my profile wasn't set up right.
I thought the reservations were easier to get despite the dumb credit card thing. What a pain that was. Similar reservations. I’m excited to try Steakhouse 71 and happy yo go back to Topolinos
And coming from Portland, OR (home of Voodoo Donuts and Salt & Straw) it always amuses me to see people going there in Orlando. Although Salt & Straw is still very popular with the locals Voodoo has become a much more tourist thing than a local thing now. But the Voodoo Donuts in Orlando is much more impressive than any of the local versions.
We have nothing in our area except 1 Dunkin Donuts 🍩 so it is a treat to have Vodoo donuts on our trips! Has Salt and Staw opened now at DS?
I think it is. Living in northern Mn we lack so many of these options.
We only have Dairy Queen and Culver’s :rotfl:

Loving the plans you’ve made for your august trip. I know you’ll miss Andi but it will be wonderful to spend all that time with your sister and you’ll be doing some great tours together. It all sounds amazing!
Thank you! I’m getting excited for the trip! It will be fun to vacation with Donna.

I'm finally caught back up. Enjoying your trip so much.

Your plans for the August trip sound great. I know you'll miss Andi but I'm sure you will also have a great time with your sister.

Your ADRs sound perfect. We really enjoyed doing Space 220. We only did the lounge but it was perfect for us.

I'm finally caught back up. Enjoying your trip so much.
Hi 👋 I hope your recent trip was a fun one!
Your plans for the August trip sound great. I know you'll miss Andi but I'm sure you will also have a great time with your sister.
It will be weird not to have Andi with us, however, I’m really excited to show new things to my sister, she is still considered a newbie at Disney and USO!
Your ADRs sound perfect. We really enjoyed doing Space 220. We only did the lounge but it was perfect for us.
Thank you! We are just doing the lounge at 220 as well. I’m excited for that. It will be perfect for us. Donna can visit “space” and have a drink and light bites!
We plan to hit up F&W booths this trip as well, I forgot to mention that in my post! I’m excited for this!

Hi Caroline! I just read the whole trip report, but no quotes cause it’s too hard on the phone!

The leisurely days look so enjoyable, I’ve really got to try that someday. Also the Savor the Savannah tour looks so great, really high on my list now!

Glad you had good Genie+ luck! I did pretty well with it in March but I still don’t like it.

OMG, this is hysterical. I’m the drunk “Mom” and my drunk “Daughter” is actually my wife. (She will be very happy to know you thought she was my daughter as she is 2 yrs older) We had a long day in the parks, I think we came from Epcot that night and the only time I could get on 7DMMT was at that time. Normally I wouldn’t have pushed to go but thought IASW would be a nice opportunity for her to take a little nap. We did make it on and off mine train without incident but one of us doesn’t remember it all. 😂😂 In our daily lives we work hard so on vacation we play hard! 🍻And yes, it’s from these boards that I recognized you both, not YouTube lol. PS my wife said she’s never going on IASW again, but we’ll see about that 😝

Hi Caroline! I just read the whole trip report, but no quotes cause it’s too hard on the phone!

The leisurely days look so enjoyable, I’ve really got to try that someday. Also the Savor the Savannah tour looks so great, really high on my list now!

Glad you had good Genie+ luck! I did pretty well with it in March but I still don’t like it.
Hi Karamie! Love to see you reading along.
We definitely were more relaxed this trip, the cheer crowds and Genie made us tour differently!
I totally agree with you, thumbs down to Genie+ even with the stacking.
It is a terrible system! I hope it gets revamped at some point!
I think you would love Savor the Savannah, it is well worth the price!
Would your dad like something like that? I think so!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter