Steph and Tom's PJ!1/3/10-WP/WHR/AAP/ITALY-We won Best Love Story! Thanks for voting.

HS? Does that mean hotel services? :rotfl: lol i am bad with the short lingo! thanks that would be so great as i am FREAKING our and df is pretty friggin angry.

lol-not our order. we ordered from pizza wagon. they are on 5th ave b/t 86th and 87th. their sicilian pie is soo good. their round pie is also pretty good. it is the best we have found in the neighborhood i think. is crispy good? we have had la sorrentinos which isn't great, their sandwiches use to be decent but not so good anymore either. have not found a great hero place yet, if you know one let me know. i would def recommend pizza wagon though. it is not patsys aka grimaldis but still good. :)

Sorry! Hollywood Studios!

We usually order from Pizza Wagon, we should have! Crispy is okay... I prefer their salad pizza though lol....
We always eat at Bad Boys all the way down on 86th street by the L... They have this fresh mozzarella and tomato pie called the Sofia Loren...delicious and very healthy!

Sorry! Hollywood Studios!

We usually order from Pizza Wagon, we should have! Crispy is okay... I prefer their salad pizza though lol....
We always eat at Bad Boys all the way down on 86th street by the L... They have this fresh mozzarella and tomato pie called the Sofia Loren...delicious and very healthy!
never heard of bad boys. do they make heros and do they deliver?

thanks for looking into this with your uncle. i really appreciate it.

never heard of bad boys. do they make heros and do they deliver?

thanks for looking into this with your uncle. i really appreciate it.

They make heros, we don't really eat them though so I am not sure how good they are lol...
We get it to go, not too sure if they will deliver to dyker! But they are unreal!

I know that the DF and I havent posted in a while, so I have a free min to I guess update......

SO the contracts came last week and we have had to have them changed a few times so far... and they are still sitting out hte kitchen table waiting for another question/change to happen. so far it still looks like our wedding is going to happen, but looking through contracts and seeing dollar amounts really makes you think if spending this type of money is worth it or not.. Maybe worth it isnt the right statement, but it kinda gives to cold feet about signing it. Not sure if the contract made anyone else think that way or not.

nothing else to report on right now, I major decision will be made either way come this wekend, and by them I am sure the DF will update everyone.

TTFN

Thanks honey for posting an update. work has been so busy not a free moment. as he said we have the contracts:yay: but waiting for my WC to get back to me today on something. hopefully it will be some good news. going shopping again for my dress in 2 weeks. so excited! i just want the dress already. well i have to get back to work-:p keep you posted once i know more.

Well we sent out our LOA today! Just have to finalize the addresses for the STDs and we are on our way. I am so excited as now it is real. :woohoo::banana: I guess we get our wedding planner in a couple of weeks? Question, how long before the wedding has everyone gone for a Wedding Planning session? I would like to go in June but because of work obligations, might not be able to until the July. that would be 5-6 months before my wedding. is that enough time? any advice would be great! :thanks: Also, how do I change my titles in the thread? I want to be able to edit it as I go along but can't figure it out:confused3

to change the title you just edit your first post, and then the title portion of the post

I think most planning sessions are held 4-6 months before the wedding.

Enjoy dress shopping, and congrats on getting the contract in.

Question: did you get engaged the night of NYE or the morning of? DFi and I were at MK the night of the 30th/morning of the 31st and I thought I talked to a couple of cm friends who told me about a proposal, but it might have been later that week.

to change the title you just edit your first post, and then the title portion of the post

I think most planning sessions are held 4-6 months before the wedding.

Enjoy dress shopping, and congrats on getting the contract in.

Question: did you get engaged the night of NYE or the morning of? DFi and I were at MK the night of the 30th/morning of the 31st and I thought I talked to a couple of cm friends who told me about a proposal, but it might have been later that week.
Thanks! can't wait to get a dress already! That was me! Tom proposed at 2:00 am the night of 12/30 which was technically the morning of 12/31. lol I wonder if your friends were there at the time?

No way! We're in Dyker Heights too! How crazy is that? We're the "Charlie Brown House" at CHristmas... not sure if you check out the lights, but were around the corner from Scrooge... What a small world!!

We're getting married at St.Ephrems, and then reception at Garguillo's! Taking pictures in COney Island before they tear down the boardwalkhopefully!

How funny - I am in Brooklyn, as well! :-)

Hey, Don't worry about your mom. I think 90% of Disbrides get grief from their families when they first state they are going to get married at DW.
They will get over it and eventually get REALLY excited. If not excited, they will zip it. Most people realize that this is an important day to you and quipping incessantly will push you, who they love, away. Don't worry. :goodvibes

My grandmas are 87 this year and are incredibly excited to go to DW. They plan on lounging in the sun for a week and doing nothing else. HAHAHAA.

I agree! My mom, dad, and sister were thrilled and thought it was an amazing idea; however, my oldest sister thought it was the worst idea and wanted me to have a big Italian Brooklyn wedding that EVERYONE else has, herself included. That is not me at all, and a waste of money in my opinion, and after weeks of telling her it is not going to happen that way she is finally starting to get excited and trying to plan everything for me now. (Which is also kind of annoying, but hey, at least she's on board!) :yay:

I agree! My mom, dad, and sister were thrilled and thought it was an amazing idea; however, my oldest sister thought it was the worst idea and wanted me to have a big Italian Brooklyn wedding that EVERYONE else has, herself included. That is not me at all, and a waste of money in my opinion, and after weeks of telling her it is not going to happen that way she is finally starting to get excited and trying to plan everything for me now. (Which is also kind of annoying, but hey, at least she's on board!) :yay:
Hi! Where in Brooklyn are you? I love that there are other brooklynites on here! Jenny aka/ Mrsdisneyb2b is literally around the corner from me! Yeah my family has come around. We are going to see my mom tonight and my family will be there so it will be the ultimate test to see if there is anything negative said. i think eventually people come to accept this is what you want and that's that. Congratulations on your engagement- you should start a PJ!

Hi! Where in Brooklyn are you? I love that there are other brooklynites on here! Jenny aka/ Mrsdisneyb2b is literally around the corner from me! Yeah my family has come around. We are going to see my mom tonight and my family will be there so it will be the ultimate test to see if there is anything negative said. i think eventually people come to accept this is what you want and that's that. Congratulations on your engagement- you should start a PJ!

Bay Ridge! :-)
I think it's so funny that there's 3 of us from Brooklyn, in about the same areas, all planning Disney weddings! How did the family meeting go? Hopefully people will come around! I'm sure they will! :-)

Bay Ridge! :-)
I think it's so funny that there's 3 of us from Brooklyn, in about the same areas, all planning Disney weddings! How did the family meeting go? Hopefully people will come around! I'm sure they will! :-)

No way! I work at St Anselm's over there! Live in Dyker! What a smalll world!!!!!

Okay so now we must do a brooklyn Dis bride meet:banana:

you know, what are the odds? Of all the people in the world, three of us just happen to be on here??? At the same time?? Getting marreid at the same time???

I just told vinnie and he said "Just promise that you won't invite anyone over until we have a bathroom :lol:

you know, what are the odds? Of all the people in the world, three of us just happen to be on here??? At the same time?? Getting marreid at the same time???

I just told vinnie and he said "Just promise that you won't invite anyone over until we have a bathroom :lol:

No way! I work at St Anselm's over there! Live in Dyker! What a smalll world!!!!!

Okay so now we must do a brooklyn Dis bride meet:banana:
That is soo funny that we are all in the same neighborhood! I also live in Dyker. We totally should do a disbride meet. Brooklyn disbrides rock!!! lol

So we are on for dress shopping this weekend. :yay: It will be me, my mom, MOH (my sister) and one of my BFFS. The other BFF was suppose to come but she went into labor 3 weeks early:scared1: She is ok and had a beautiful baby girl on Thursday night pixiedust: So she will be there in spirit and cell phone! :rotfl: Very excited and hope to finally get the dress! Still waiting for our planner which I think should happen in the next week or so. Itching to start planning. We are thinking of going down for our PS the end of June. My job just OK'd that Friday off and trying to get that Thurday off-my job sucks in that I have to plan my vacations around it. June is busy except for the last week and then July and August are HELL and they won't let me take off at all :mad: then into Oct and trial on one of my cases 2 1/2 months before my wedding!!! AUGHHH!!!!:headache: I am breathing! It will all be ok. Once I find my dress I feel a little better-I won't be able to post it as DF also posts on here but once I get it I will post that I have it and can PM it to whoever ;)

AWESOME NEWS and thank god all is okay!!!!! Post pictures when you can I love baby pics!!!! And... send me a pic of the dress missy!! Us brooklyn brides need to meet up asap!

So a lot of stuff has happened in the last week. We got our planner on Thursday. It is Ken Weaver. We have not spoken yet (playing phone tag-lol) but he emailed me a whole bunch of stuff-so overwhelming. I am excited and we have our PS June 26. Our save the dates went out. We just used the ones that DIsney provides since we are on a budget. I will be doing a newsletter to send with my invitations with more deatiled info. My friend who works in the IT department at work is helping me. Everyone loved them and thought they were so pretty. :flower3::flower3: Then today I got my dress. :cool1: I had tried it on a month ago when I went with my mom and was still iffy. Today me, my mom, sister (MOH) and BFF went shopping. I tried on sooo many dresses again and it came down to 2. I realized that the last dress i tried on last time at the 2nd bridal shop was the dress. I am so excited. I guess i t is true what they say-go with the one you keep going back to. it is so simple and pretty ans totally me!;) I am ordering it this week(from the first bridal shop that did not have it in stock but feel more comfortable with). My other BFF was suppose to come but she was home with her new baby girl. I missed her being there since me, her and my other bFF who came are like the 3 muskateers! hehe:rotfl: But it was so much fun and so tiring-some of those dresses are so friggin heavy. If anyone wants to see the dress PM me your email address. DF also checks this site daily so I can't post a picture on here. THe only bad thing that happened to day is the Yankees are getting smacked again. :mad::mad: Oh wow the yanks got a HR by Cabrera now 20-4-:woohoo::mad: oh well at least I got my dress :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter