Steve & Heather's Escape Wedding - May 5, 2016

I love, love, love your engagement ring. SO pretty! Your engagement pictures look great by the way. That was so sweet of your parents to surprise you with those two mini cakes. My parents and husband don't get the whole "Disney obsession" I have but they are supportive none the less and I have two kids who share my feelings, thank-goodness. :earsboy: Looks like you had a great time on your last trip to WDW. Following along!

I love your ring!! It's gorgeous. And I think it's so cute how involved and helpful your parents are being! Looks like you had a great time at Disney despite all the ride breakdowns (40 min on Pirates! wow!) Can't wait to see more!
Thanks! My parents are definitely amazing, couldn't do it without them!
Love your engagement photos and the dress you wore in them! Looks like you had a great time at Disney. Those tiny wedding cakes are adorable!
Thank you! I can't wait until we get the rest of the photos back. The cakes were also amazingly delicious!
I love, love, love your engagement ring. SO pretty! Your engagement pictures look great by the way. That was so sweet of your parents to surprise you with those two mini cakes. My parents and husband don't get the whole "Disney obsession" I have but they are supportive none the less and I have two kids who share my feelings, thank-goodness. :earsboy: Looks like you had a great time on your last trip to WDW. Following along!
Thanks! He did good :D. I'm lucky, my parents are even bigger Disney fans than I am. So they actually have done almost all the planning so far and have been super helpful! That's awesome your kids are into it! It was definitely an amazing trip!

Aww!! Kevin isn't into Disney like me. I'm hoping the wedding or maybe an early family trip will change his mind. He travels so much, he just wants to rest at home when he's off.

SBP is a beautiful location. Even when it's not decorated.

Aww!! Kevin isn't into Disney like me. I'm hoping the wedding or maybe an early family trip will change his mind. He travels so much, he just wants to rest at home when he's off.

SBP is a beautiful location. Even when it's not decorated.
Steve isn't super into Disney either, that was his first time in years. I'm working on him though haha. I love SBP! I don't think we will do decorations or very minimal if we do.

Your engagement pictures are so cute! And honestly, SBP is so beautiful that it doesn't need a lot of decoration. Originally I really wanted to upgrade the chairs and add floral to the aisle, but now I'm glad that we didn't. It saved a lot of money and SBP really doesn't need much!

Your engagement pictures are so cute! And honestly, SBP is so beautiful that it doesn't need a lot of decoration. Originally I really wanted to upgrade the chairs and add floral to the aisle, but now I'm glad that we didn't. It saved a lot of money and SBP really doesn't need much!
Thank you! I was actually looking at your photos from the wedding and thinking I don't need decorations. Its so pretty already! Your PJ/TR have been so helpful to me. It looks like you had an amazing time! Congrats!

I love that you made your own planning session, especially taking the time to eat at possible reception venues (mmmmm, Disney food!) FWIW, my family ended up eating at Captain's Grille 2-3 times during our wedding (we blocked Beach Club) in groups around 10 or so, and the staff was phenomenal with them! My parents hosted a big family dinner there and even though DH and I weren't there, the staff still decorated their table with balloons, confetti and personalized menus because they were celebrating our wedding - AND they sent a plate of desserts to our room because we hadn't been at dinner! They were just a regular reservation too, nothing special like your meal would be! What I'm getting to is we had excellent experience with them and they are much recommended :goodvibes

SBP is simply stunning on it's own, I know you'll love it! And oh my goodness, that peek of your engagement pictures is just wonderful. I can't wait to see more.

I love that you made your own planning session, especially taking the time to eat at possible reception venues (mmmmm, Disney food!) FWIW, my family ended up eating at Captain's Grille 2-3 times during our wedding (we blocked Beach Club) in groups around 10 or so, and the staff was phenomenal with them! My parents hosted a big family dinner there and even though DH and I weren't there, the staff still decorated their table with balloons, confetti and personalized menus because they were celebrating our wedding - AND they sent a plate of desserts to our room because we hadn't been at dinner! They were just a regular reservation too, nothing special like your meal would be! What I'm getting to is we had excellent experience with them and they are much recommended :goodvibes

SBP is simply stunning on it's own, I know you'll love it! And oh my goodness, that peek of your engagement pictures is just wonderful. I can't wait to see more.
Thanks! It was a lot of fun, I'm glad we did it. I'm so excited to hear how wonderful Captain's Grill was of you! I definitely want their food so hearing how good your experience was makes me feel better about choosing to go there even though they don't have a private room.

It has been a while and we have had a lot of excitement this past week so there is going to be a lot of photos :D

We can finally pencil in our date! I played phone tag with a wedding consultant on Friday and should hear back from her today. My mom also came to visit last week to do a little wedding planning and we found my wedding dress! I can't post the dress I chose because my DF will see, but here are some of the others I tried.

And the Disney dresses of course!

We also picked out the bridesmaids dresses!

They will be in this light blue color though

While my mom was here we figured out all the restaurants and itinerary for the week we are there(assuming we get the day we want).

Wednesday- Everyone arrives, dinner at Rainforest Cafe and spend time around Downtown Disney

Thursday- Guys go golfing while the girls get nails done during the day and lunch Downtown. Then end the night with dinner at Trattoria al Forno

Friday- WEDDING DAY! with dinner at Captains Grill and Dessert Party at GF

Saturday-Park day for everyone! (We can't decide which park to do though. Some of our guests have never been to Disney. Steve's is leaning towards Epcot and I would prefer MK, any suggestions?)

Sunday- Everyone goes home :(

We also made a few decorations and things for the our backyard reception back home.

Also, we finally got our engagement photos back! We are so happy with our photos and as soon as we get our date we will start planning with Emily for the wedding :D

Lovely engagement photos! The colors pop so brightly against your dress and your smiles are just infectious.

Speaking of dress.........tell DF to go away so we can see it! ;) I kid of course. But way to keep such an awesome surprise a secret!

Your engagement pictures are adorable! I agree with Elphie... we want to see the dress! Bahaha. Can you just ask your DF to not look here until after the wedding? ;) (Kidding!)

Your engagement pics are so adorable and the colours and lighting in the pics are so beautiful. You look beautiful in all those wedding dresses. Can't wait to see the real one;)

YAY!!!!! UPDATES!!!!

Even though I know you're not posting your gown, I loved the #3 one, and with the #2 headpiece. So pretty!
I'm the same way, I don't want Kevin to see my gown either. And I don't want that first look shot (yea I know LOL), I want it all to be a surprise when I walk down.
Love your engagement photos. You do look so crazy happy!

Lovely engagement photos! The colors pop so brightly against your dress and your smiles are just infectious.

Speaking of dress.........tell DF to go away so we can see it! ;) I kid of course. But way to keep such an awesome surprise a secret!
Thank you :blush:, you're sweet. It's hard to keep quiet, I love the dress so much I want to tell everyone about it. Especially Steve!

Your engagement pictures are adorable! I agree with Elphie... we want to see the dress! Bahaha. Can you just ask your DF to not look here until after the wedding? ;) (Kidding!)
Thank you! I need another secret board or something lol

Your engagement pics are so adorable and the colours and lighting in the pics are so beautiful. You look beautiful in all those wedding dresses. Can't wait to see the real one;)
Thanks!! Emily did an amazing job!

YAY!!!!! UPDATES!!!!

Even though I know you're not posting your gown, I loved the #3 one, and with the #2 headpiece. So pretty!
I'm the same way, I don't want Kevin to see my gown either. And I don't want that first look shot (yea I know LOL), I want it all to be a surprise when I walk down.
Love your engagement photos. You do look so crazy happy!
Thanks! I've been trying to find a headband or something I like, but haven't found anything yet. If I can work up the guts, I might try to make one. We aren't doing a first look either, we want to wait until the ceremony! Thank you :D I'm super happy!

Hi there!:-) And of course, congrats! I love love LOVE the dress you wore for your engagement photos and how you did you hair. You also look gorgeous in all of those wedding dresses! My H and I didn't want to do a first look either, I figured his first look would be when I walked down the aisle. Good luck with the rest of the planning, and I can't wait to see more!:D

Hi there!:-) And of course, congrats! I love love LOVE the dress you wore for your engagement photos and how you did you hair. You also look gorgeous in all of those wedding dresses! My H and I didn't want to do a first look either, I figured his first look would be when I walked down the aisle. Good luck with the rest of the planning, and I can't wait to see more!:D
Thank you so much!

We got our wedding day!! May 5, 2016!! It wasn't our first choice, but we're happy with it. Now we are just waiting on our LOA. We were told we would have it by the end of next week. I'm so excited!!!! :jumping1:

We got our wedding day!! May 5, 2016!! It wasn't our first choice, but we're happy with it. Now we are just waiting on our LOA. We were told we would have it by the end of next week. I'm so excited!!!! :jumping1:

Following! I'm sure to read everything through, but yay for being wedding date twins!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter