Stingray City Snorkeling?

Wendybird63

Mouseketeer
My family and I will be on the 11/22 Magic. We want to do the Stingray City Snorkeling tour, but don't know which one. Does anyone have any suggestions concerning Frank's Water Sports, Capt. Bryan's, Capt. Marvins, or going with Disney? I found there to be about a $100. price difference among these four. I know that's not much in the whole scheme, but if I save money here, I might be able to justify a CC massage!:cool:
Any help anyone can offer is appreciated!
Wendy

I'm cruising next weekend!! My family chose to go with all DCL excursions because this is our 1st DC. I will let you know how the Stingray city tour is!! We will be doing it on the 14th of October!!:Pinkbounc

A lot of our fellow DISers on this trip have booked with Captain Marvins. They said it was a good trip also.

Hope princess:

We did the Stingray City tour through DCL and thought it was very good. They meet you right at the dock, take you around in small buses (about 10 people per bus). We did Hell, the Turtle Farm, and then Stingray City. Got the early excursion and we were back by the pier mid-day. Did some shopping then back to the ship for a late room service lunch. I would recommend it. :boat:

We've used Captain Bryan's Catamaran a number of times and just adore this excursion. The catamaran is a really nice touch, lots of room and there is a bathroom on board, nice when you have kids::yes::

They are a really nice crew and great with kids. The price was $34 for adults and $25 for our kids. Definitley much cheaper then the one offered on Disney and the office really close to the port.

It wasn't that much of a walk from the ship and the snorkling was great.

We took a Stingray City/Coral Gardens tour with :Nativeway Watersports. They were wonderful! They met us at the dock, then drove us to where their boat was. Then we rode in their boat out to Stingray City. They provided snorkeling gear, and for those who didn't want to snorkel, they dove down and got a stingray and brought it back up to the boat! The all-inclusive price is $25. They offer a morning or an afternoon tour. It lasts about 2-1/2 hours, so leaves you plenty of time to explore 7-mile beach and do some eating/shopping!

In Jan 2003, I used Nativeways for 24 people to see the stingrays. Everyone loved it. The best part was the number of people on our boat -24- compared to the 100 crammed on the boats from the cruiselines~!

Rhonda is right in everything she said. They even had a fresh water hose to wash off the salt water from our bodies and punch and ice water to drink. They do a video which can out great and only cost about $30 [the more people who bought it the cheaper it got].

And they don't take deposits which is good in case the boat can't dock or something comes up. Sharon is wonderful to work with as well.

Did I mention that it is about half the cost of the cruise excursions? And they will stop at the Turtle Fram, Hell and 7 Mile Beach if you ask!

You may want to read the article on this thread:

Stingray City Article

It appeared in my local paper and was very informative about the sandbar and some of the local vendors. Have a great time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter